“Problem Resolved” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Mechanicsburg
Amherst, New York
“Problem Resolved”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

We discovered this Hampton a few years ago when we first started visiting my nearby aunt. We love the way they accommodate our young family of two small children as well as my elderly mother in one spacious room without an extra charge. They even let my aunt come join us for breakfast for free! They serve a wonderful hot breakfast, the room is spacious and very comfortable, and the kids love the pool. No hotel I have ever stayed in rivals their hospitality. They have become our ''home away from home''. We have never had a problem there until this visit. When we got there we were told our room had been given away because of having to juggle other groups, and the accommodations we received in exchange were not quite equal to what we had signed up for. The next morning I explained to the manager that we come to the Hampton because we ''know what we're getting'', rather than staying at a cheaper place and finding unpleasant surprises upon our arrival. I told her we value their services and we know they value our business, and we want to stay there again in the future, but we need to be confident we will get the accommodations we have requested, especially because our needs are changing as my mother becomes more elderly and my children grow older. Not only was she very apologetic and understanding - she gave us the first night free! She also gave me her card so that I could contact her personally next time we book, to make sure there is not a problem next time. When she backed her apology with action, I knew I was at the right hotel, and it restored my confidence in booking there again in the future. It was the only glitch we have had in our 5 visits over 2 years, and they proved to me again that they run a first class operation. We're already looking forward to our next visit!

Room Tip: The suite right in front of the elevators is very spacious and convenient if you have small kids, an...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Hampton Inn Harrisburg West, responded to this review, July 7, 2012
Thank you so much for your recent review of your visit to The Hampton Inn Harrisburg West. I am so pleased when we are able to welcome returning guests. We love to hear that we are your "home away from home". It is always nice to hear that the location and amenities meet with our guest’s expectations. I am sorry that your favorite room wasn't available for you this time and we thank you for your understanding. We look forward to having you return again when you are in the area. I will share your comments with the staff.

Laura Goyette

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

This Hampton Inn rates high compared to all of the hamptons I have stayed in. I stayed here for three seperate weeks in March and April. The front desk staff is friendly. The rooms are clean,well kept and updated. I had no mechanical issues. There were nightly snacks/meals that included soup, hordurves etc. There were restaraunts around but a bit hard to find. There is a Texas Roadhouse two exits down. There was a local place called Moe's that did not look like much from the outside but had terrific wings. The other places are bit hard to find so make sure you ask the people up front for suggestions.

Room Tip: Service and the facilites are great. vicinity to Dining is a bit of a chanllenge.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
ManagerLaura, General Manager at Hampton Inn Harrisburg West, responded to this review, May 24, 2012

I’m sorry you had difficulty locating restaurants. We have a great map and a list at the desk that will help in finding the different restaurants in our area. Please just ask at the desk and we will be more than happy to help. Oh yes… MOE’S has great wings!

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

Be aware that this hotel DOES INDEED allow pets ...and this particular time there was plenty.
Not fond of walking thru dining area and pets going thru at the same time ...sad to said this is
a nice hotel but will get known for being a PET HOTEL . Would only return on a have to basis.

Room Tip: PET ALERT Third floor is reserved for pets, BUT they do have to ride elevators and cross into mai...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
ManagerLaura, Manager at Hampton Inn Harrisburg West, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. I am so sorry that us being a pet friendly hotel is an issue. We do ask our guests with pets to keep them out of the breakfast area during the breakfast hours unless they are a service animal. Again, thank you for your feedback and my sincerest apologies for your inconvenience.

Binghamton NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

Great room, perfect location, excellent breakfast choices, staff is very courteous and helpful, and our dogs loved it! Room was close to an exit, but it was very quiet. We were so thankful to stay at a Hampton after a couple nights elsewhere....the king room even had a couch instead of oversized chair. Very nice.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
ManagerLaura, General Manager at Hampton Inn Harrisburg West, responded to this review, May 4, 2012
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your visit. It is always nice to hear that we have lived up to our guest’s expectations. We love pet owners and look forward to seeing you and your family again when your travels bring you to the Harrisburg Area. I will share your kind words with the staff.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

We were traveling to a car show in Carlisle and needed to find a pet friendly hotel and this was it. The staff was marvelous, courteous, friendly and so accomodating. The entire staff was like this. We were so happy to find a great hotel that allowed us to bring our cat Constance with us. I cannot say enough about this hotel from the greeting at reception, the breakfast and everything in between. The separate area where the computers were was also excellent. A great visit and we will return when in the Hershey - Carlisle area.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
We are so glad that you had a wonderful visit to The Hampton Inn Harrisburg-West and appreciate you taking the time to provide such a positive review of your visit. We look forward to welcoming you and Constance back for an even longer stay in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

This is an excellent hotel! They have a nice lounge and breakfast area. They have a separate area with PC's for all travelers. The staff is very friendly and accomodating, from the front desk receptionist, to the housekeeping staff and even management! . I had an allergic reaction in one of the rooms and at my request, they accomodated me very quickly and changed my room and this was at 1am in the morning.
They have a great hot/cold breakfast buffet which they keep food items full during breakfast hours and they have the best coffee I've tasted at any hotel!

I have absolutely nothing negative to say about this hotel!!

I would definitely stay here again!!

Room Tip: The King size bed accomodation gave a more home like environment for those staying for longer period...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
ManagerLaura, General Manager at Hampton Inn Harrisburg West, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Thank you so much for taking time to write such a complimentary review. We are delighted that our amenities and services met with your satisfaction and provided you with a pleasant stay. We look forward to seeing you the next time your travels bring you to the Harrisburg area.

Kind regards,

Chicago Burbs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

The room I had was quite large which was perfect for a multiple night stay. Hallways were quiet and you couldn't hear any noise from adjacent rooms. A very nice breakfast was available each morning with enough variety to make it different every day. Having a sofa, chair, and table in addition to the bed was great as you didn't have to sit on the bed to watch TV, read, use a PC, etc. Wifi is free and the connection was good. Very friendly staff.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Harrisburg West? Share your experiences!