This hotel was average, nothing more and, thankfully, nothing less.
The lobby was of course the most well-thought-out part of the hotel because its the most visible. And even that was predictably shabby. The other parts of the hotel seemed neglected as you'd expect a hotel surrounded by freeway to be. The pool area was clean and over-chlorinated and lacking any comfort. The room was spacious and tidy and musty smelling.
I would not stay here again -- I'd look around a bit more in advance. It's a place that takes advantage of your need for a place to sleep and charges you $120/night.
Good luck getting out of the parking lot the next morning! It was a hilarious maze. The kids and I were cracking up going around in circles!
Last thing: the continental breakfast was standard: sugary yogurts, weak, sad coffee, cheesy eggs and all that jazz.
Not a terrible place! But also not memorable. And a wee bit too pricey for its offerings. Wingate needs to bring its game before I stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Near Hershey, Harrisburg and Gettysburg, Wingate by Wyndham Mechanicsburg is the perfect hotel for your corporate and travel needs. Complimentary breakfast is served daily. Guests love our indoor heated pool, fitness center and free WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Wyndham, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Wingate by Wyndham Mechanicsburg/Harrisburg West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wingate By Wyndham Mechanicsburg Hotel Mechanicsburg
- Wingate Hotel Mechanicsburg