“late night” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Mechanicsburg
Pittsburgh
“late night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Arrived after midnight. Quick check in, friendly service at the front desk, room was better than expected, so a great choice. Will definitely look for this group in the future.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Diane Q, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Mechanicsburg/Harrisburg West, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Mark D,

Thank you for your review and for choosing Winate Mechanicsburg! We look forward to accommodating you again in the future! Our central location is perfect for visits to HersheyPark, Lancaster Amish Country, or Gettysburg's 150th Anniversary Celebrations!

Thanks again,

Katie L. Allison, Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Canton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

The mirrors in the room were smudged. The carpet did not appear to have been vacuumed. The lighting of the room was VERY poor...especially in the bathroom.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Diane Q, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Mechanicsburg/Harrisburg West, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Janice A S,

Thank you for taking the time to bring these matters to our attention. I apologize for the condition of your room and lack of lighting. A call down to one of our friendly guest service would have allowed us the chance to fix these issues. We hope you'll give a chance to accommodate you again! Please feel free to call me directly for reservations.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Hotel difficult to locate due to lack of visible sign and with GPS having hotel in slightly different location

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Diane Q, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Mechanicsburg/Harrisburg West, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear reviewer,

Thank you for the feedback and I'm sorry to hear of the difficulty you had locating us. We hope to see you again soon on your next visit to Wingate Mechanicsburg!

Thanks again,

College Station, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Well we took off for a trip typical of ones youth. We stopped after doing an internet search for what we call our standard. Wife went in a asked for a room and was told we are all booked. Then I pulled out my friendly notsosmart phone and quickly reserved one. Then I went in to check in. That I did. The lobby was full of teens and adults clearly on a sport trip. We are a family who enough sports and the youthful experience associated. We we hastily checked in with little customer pleasantries. Oh did I mention when I first wanted in I was greeted with a comment we are all sold out. Then I mentioned the reservation and a sigh and an ok. Now back to the curt check in. Here are your keys and your room is down there. Well in my mind I gave her the benefit of the doubt thinking she was just busy. After I received the keys I went out to gather the bags. The worker was right behind me. humm not sure. Well she must have NEEDED that cigarette because I was unsure if she was chasing me or a nicotine fit. Clearly it was an emergency as she barely made it out the door prior to lighting up. In the time I off loaded the bags I think she had finished two. We put our bags away then went for a bite to eat. After dinner and upon returning the reception at the door was nearly the same. We are all booked,,,, oh you already have a room. We offered a pleasant smile in return. When got back in the room we notice we were without toiletries in the bathroom. Humm had this room really been cleaned? the beds were made. Oh a quick call should fix that. Well we were met with the next workered who left a good attitude at him. When we asked he said sure but it is going to be awhile. Oh my are you kidding me. Well he arrived with a modest hotel typical soap, never mind shampoo. We were told they were short or out, something like that. Really are you kidding me. My payment wasn't short or out but you are with a 50c piece of soap. By this time I had enough and just wanted to rest so we could get out of here quickly in the morning. I did spot a very courteous man cleaning rooms the next morning. Asked if there was a shortage of toiletries, he offered a very puzzled look and said no. I explained the experience and he was speechless. He was glad to mention he was assigned that room the day before, to his relief I bet. He then said, you can have what ever you need and motioned to his cart. I said thanks but we are out of here now. I told him he was the nicest guy in the place and they should consider making him the manager. So, it has been a long rant for the sole purpose of warning to fellow travelers. We like Wyndham hotels and sought this one out because of that. We may have been the exception but it will remain a lasting memory for us.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear travelerpa70,

Thank you for this valuable information. I sincerely apologize for the lack of customer service that you experienced. That in no way conveys the level of service we strive for or represents our company values and commitment to excellence. I truly appreciate this feedback, it has greatly helped us build a team that has total focus on guest satisfaction.

Please allow me to introduce you to our new team on your next trip to our area.

Katie L. Allison, Front Office Manager

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Mechanicsburg/Harrisburg West? Share your experiences!