“Good choice” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Meadville
Meadville
“Good choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights while we were in the area for a teachers conference. Did not spend much time at the motel but our room was the staff was friendly and our room was clean. What more do you need?

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We were in the area for the Pumpkin Fest and just needed a place to sleep. I booked the hotel in advance online to guarantee a room. I accidentally requested a smoking room instead of a non-smoking room, but i was unable to change the booking. Fortunately, when we checked in the very nice, chipper ladies at the reception desk got us a non-smoking room! And we were even able to check in early. There's complimentary water right in the reception area. Breakfast fare was small and there was limited space, but we ate across the street at cracker barrel anyway. The room was not luxorious, but it was great for the price. The water pressure in the shower was amazing. We'll definitly stay here again when we're in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Niagara, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Our family of four stayed the night here for the first night of our drive to Orlando, Florida.

The front desk clerk was very friendly and welcoming, and pointed out the free drinks and microwave popcorn in the lobby.

As others have mentioned, the rooms are very small and utilitarian - there are no frills! We found the room and bathroom to be very clean. My only complaint is that I found the bed in our room to be uncomfortable - the sheets were "scratchy" and the bed was hard - and I didn't get very much sleep. But, the rest of my family slept great.

Continental breakfast the next morning wasn't elaborate - but there was something for everyone in our family, and after breakfast, we were ready to resume our trip to Orlando!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Kane, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We chose this since it was close to McKeever. The place seemed to have been remodeled recently. The room and bath were clean. Only complaint was several dirty footsteps in entryway inside room and the strong smell of cigarette smoke hits you as you open the door to the hallway. I don't get that...the rooms on that floor are nonsmoking, does that mean it's ok to smoke in the hallway? I like the tub/shower with the seat. Heat/AC had wall mounted thermostat that cycled on and off. The bed was a little soft; 2 people sleeping tend to roll toward the middle. Decent continental breakfast with variety of juices, fruit, muffins, bagels, hot/cold cereal. Loved the fact that popcorn, coffee, fruit and water were available all the time. The seating area had only 3 small tables, but there never was a crowd when we were there. Only improvement would have been a pool, but, hey, can't have everything. There was a busload of a girls' sports team and we only saw them leaving, never heard them. I was shocked to find English speaking staff who were very friendly. They truly seemed to enjoy their jobs and readily interacted with you in conversation. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: This is right off I-90. Easy in and out. There is an Applebees next door you can walk to and a Cra...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I was always hesitant to stay at a Econo Lodge but very surprise that the one in Meadville was a cut above the rest. I was in the area to visit Conneaut Lake Park and originally planned to stay at the Hotel Conneaut but due to the rudeness of the owners decided to stay here and still visit the park. The room was spotless and up to date. There is a Cracker Barrel restaurant across the road where I ate breakfast. There is a limited continental breakfast in the hotel but I like a high portein breakfast to get me going.
Would stay here again

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We were surprised at how small the rooms were when we arrived. However, it had everything we needed for a quick overnite. It was clean and just off I79. There was no popcorn that we could find but the breakfast was OK and coffee excellent. All in all, better than average for the price.

Room Tip: Ask for refrigerator and microwave rooms.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Stayed there 8/9-8/10, we had a non-smoking queen room on the second floor. The room was clean but very small. Three feet on each side of the bed, no dresser, a triangle-shaped bathroom (again, pretty clean), and a 25" large tube-type TV.

The non-smoking room ws exactly that, non-smoking, but the hallway smelled of old smoke. The lobby is non-existant, you walk in and there is a desk and a counter, the lobby beyond that is a back hallway with a TV and an ice machine.

Pros..... free popcorn, free bottled water, continental breakfast, friendly and good service, everything appeared to be clean, and there are resturauts right next door, all this with an affordable price. The shower is unlike any other I have seen, triangle-shaped and enough water pressure to blow your hair back.

Cons .... half of the parking lot is dirt and gravel on one side and someone dinged my car, there is no break in the curb to roll a cart off of the sidewalk to your car except for out front, loading and unloading is difficult, the hallways smelled of stale smoke in the non-smoking area. The bed seemed hard but I'm not a good judge since I sleep on a memory foam at home.

Would I stay there again? If only for 1 or 2 nights, sure I would. Would I stay there for an extended period, no, not enough room, especially for 2 people.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the opposite side of the highway, it will be quieter.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!