“should change the name to Meadville"-Dump Inn "Conference Center” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Meadville Conference Center

You added Days Inn Meadville Conference Center to your Saves list
Days Inn Meadville Conference Center
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   18360 Conneaut Lake Road, I-79 & Rt 322E, Meadville, PA 16335   |
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Meadville
pittsburgh
“should change the name to Meadville"-Dump Inn "Conference Center”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2008

this place was dirty, filthy, disgusting smell.
I think the worst part was when we complained the lady at the front desk looked at us like we had 3 heads.
The restaurant service was terrible and unprofessional and the food was the worst.
No-one looked as though they wanted to be there working
I woke up at 3 a.m. and the room was so cold I could see my breath.
No hot water in the morning.
Just terrible. I actually notified the Health Dept. when I checked out because there have to be codes that are not being enforced.

Stayed February 2008

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Atglen, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2008

Unfortunately my sister is incarcerated at the women's prison in Cambridge Springs, PA. Which is about 15-20 minutes away from Erie, PA. Of all the hotels in the area, the Days Inn in Meadville was the cheapest. From Friday to Sunday, it was $135. The Holiday Inn a few blocks down the road was around $99 a night. The photo online of the hotel looked promising, so I decided to stay at the Days Inn in Meadville.

I made my reservation online, which was quite convenient, about 3-4 weeks in advance.

In normal weather conditions, the drive would take about 6 hours. The Friday I drove up it snowed which increased the drive time by 2 hours. So, instead of arriving at 6pm on Friday, I arrived between 8 and 8:30.

Signing in was quick and painless. I was assigned room 167. When I opened the door to my room, the first thing to hit me was the smell. Apparently, pets are allowed in this hotel. So, the smell that I was met with was a mix of dog feces and carpet powder. Not a pleasant odor. The second thing I noticed was that the bed was stripped down and the new bedding was stacked on one of the chairs in the room. Now, I'm not the most traveled person, and I'm sure hotels have different policies, but I was sure that most hotels make the bed for you. To be sure, I just took a second to look around the room some more and notice crumbs on the counters, the floor wasn't vacuumed, and the bathroom wasn't clean. I called down to the front desk and they had someone come out to my room and move me to a room that was cleaned.

After getting settled in, I went to the restaurant in the Days Inn to have some dinner. I had the cajun chicken sandwich with a side of mash potatoes with gravy, and a pint Yuengling. The sandwich was ok. The roll was borderline stale, but the sandwich was good. The mash potatoes were the mix kind and was ok as well. Not a great meal, but not entirely horrible.

I returned to my room after dinner and decided to lay in bed and watch TV. Now, I'm not sure what the law states when it comes to replacing mattresses, but this mattress had to have been at least 10 years old, if not older. I sank into the bed. Not a comfortable sank, a "how far will I fall" sank. After the freefall, I relaxed in front of the TV.

After about an hour, I heard rustling and voices outside my the door to my room. Then I heard my door open. Good thing I secured the door chain or I would've had strangers coming into my room. Apparently, after calling down to the front desk again, the front desk clerk that signed me in had left for the night and the replacement clerk didn't know that I was moved from room 167 to room 163. This totally spooked me. I wasn't going to rely on the little door chain to keep me safe, now that other people had the key to my room. So I jammed some wooden hangers under the door jam just in case someone did try to enter my room again.

As trips go, this was one of my worst (Not as bad as my experience with the Quality Inn). I felt that the room was out-dated and dirty, and I felt unsafe with the absence of security and the uncaring attitude of the staff. But I'm not unrealistic about my trip. I got what I paid for.

• Liked — I can honestly say, leaving was the best thing about The Days Inn.
  • Disliked — The lack of security. Feeling unsafe when you're away from home is not a good thing.
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Belle Vernon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2007

My stay at Days Inn Meadville was very plesant. The staff is very professional and knowledgeable of the surrounding area. The room was clean and restfull. The food at the morning complimentary breakfast was good. I would stay there again without question. Thank you.

Stayed November 2007
Ontario
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2007

OMG, what a disappointment. The motel was filthy dirty and there are no words to describe the smell in the building where one of our rooms was located. Forget about swimming, the water in the indoor swimming pool looked dirtier than pond water. As far as the staff goes, they were rude, inconsiderate and showed a complete lack of concern regarding the problems we experienced. As we were told they were unable to accomodate our request for adjoining (or even close by) rooms, our rooms were in separate buildings, one of which had no heat for the entire weekend and the other broken locks.

• Stayed November 2007, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
ONTARIO
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2007

When we got to our room our first look at the room was "EW, this is discusting. " The room smelt so bad of smoke, the walls and ceiling were yellow, we did not even want to take off our shoes because of the grungy carpet. The towles in the bathroom had something yellow on them, as well as makeup. Grose. We also felt very unsafe because it was on the first floor and the room to the outside did not look like it was be hard for someone to get into. Then we pulled of the blanket on the bed and found dirty sheets, it was apparent that they had not been changed since the previous guest. Then noticed a dark stain showing through the sheet, we turned over the sheet and found a BLOOD STAIN on the matress pad. That was it. We left our room, headed for the Holiday Inn to see if they had any rooms availble. They didn't so we were stuck . We went back to the Days Inn and got no sympathy from the front desk, we got new bedding and re-made the beds our selves. It was like this was a regular occurance at this hotel because again they showed not sympathy. We did not sleep much here, worrying about bed bugs and the chance of someone being able to get into the room. The shower to tops things off did not work well. There we no happy medium in the water temp. it was either cold, or boiling burn your skin water. Worst hotel experience ever. DO NOT STAY HERE. And the $5.95 breakfast is grose as well. Very small selection and poor quality of food. (Wet eggs, no hot water for Oatmeals, dirty cutlury on the table, and not to mention the poor service.)

I'm a travel Agent myself and went on a girls shopping weekend, we thought we would try and save some money on our hotel so we booked the lowest rate we could find, although we had been booked closer to grove city in another hotel but then canceled after reading reviews and we had researched this hotel and the reviews were not as bad. This is way I wrote this review. To warn other travellers. Book in advance and stay at the Holiday in down the road.

• Liked — NOTHING
  • Disliked — EVERYTHING
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Pittsburgh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2007

I had a good experience here. They have a lobby bar and serve good food. I was here for buisness and had no complaints with this hotel. Very clean

• Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Etters, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2007

During a trip to the local fair, stayed here overnight. The room was fine, but found the bedding to be a bit damp. Not sure if this is the hotel's fault or just the wet, rainy weather. Other trips I've made to Crawford and Erie counties also yielded the damp sheets.

Staff was VERY prompt when I blew a fuse with the hair dryer. It took only 5-7 minutes for everything to be fixed. Would stay here again if in area.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Days Inn Meadville Conference Center? Share your experiences!