“Like Being at Home...” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   654 Park Ave, Meadville, PA 16335   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Meadville B&B and Inns
“Like Being at Home...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

In very close proximity to Allegheny University, this delightful B&B takes you away from the "outside" even though it is in the center of a residential area. The hostess was very accommodating and extremely pleasant. I very much intend to recommend Mayor Lord's to colleagues and friends while making a commitment to come and stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms downstairs share a bathroom, some upstairs share and one with private bath. Please experience...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

Until recently I lived in Meadville for many years and put dozens of business guests up at Mayor Lord's House--all were very happy with their stay. Recently my wife and I stayed there on 2 occasions and were completely satisfied (we travel a lot and stay in a mix of B&Bs, hotels, and motels). Furnishings are tasteful but not oppressive--in a Victorian way, that is--bed was super comfortable, very nice public area for hanging out which I don't always find in a B&B, breakfast was delicious and very generous in portions, easy free parking, historic house with nice property yet an easy walk to Allegheny College or downtown Meadville, and Sherry is a warm host. We'll be back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Welland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

first time in a bed & breakfast...booked on line based on reviews available..there was not one bad review and I can see why...Sherry was welcoming and gracious...room was very comfy...lots of parking on site.. great homemade breakfast..free wi fi...everything we want when traveling...would recommend this place in a heatbeat
thank-you Sherry

Ron & Denise..Canada

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Ilion, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

Have stayed in 3 different rooms and each one has been beautiful! Sherry is such a gracious hostess. She has always been so welcoming to us and our daughter who attends college in town! And once you stay, the returning guest discount is amazing!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Roscoe, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

This was my second stay at Mayor Lord's. Wonderfully comfortable beds (I have stayed in 2 different rooms) very convenient to Allegheny College and WiFi made it a good stay. The breakfast was perfect--a variety of fresh and tasty foods. I'll definitely stay there again!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

I have been staying at Sherry's B&B for almost three now whenever I travel to see my daughter at Allegheny College. The Inn is very clean and welcoming. The breakfasts are hot and delicious. Sherry always goes out of her way to invite my daughter to join us for breakfast as well. I highly recommend Mayor Lord's House to anyone staying in the Meadville area.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Meadville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

My stay at the Mayor Lord's house in the Baldwin room was absolutely perfect! I went during finals week at school to have a nice place to sleep and relax. I had the option of sleeping there or in my dorm, but after I saw my room and slept in my bed once I wanted to stay there every night! My room was wonderful. The whole house was decorated so nicely and Mrs. Sherry the owner was so pleasant and accommodating. The breakfast was always so delicious made with fresh and local food. My sister visited for a few days and she told me that she would rather spend a weekend at Mayor Lord's for a vacation than go to New York City for a week. I agree with her! It was so peaceful I can not wait to go back again!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo

Been to Mayor Lord's House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!