Oh my goodness. We had to drive from Niagara area to DC - on the way we drove past pittsburgh before stopping, but on the way back, we wanted something "halfway plus an hour" - that put us exactly in Meadville. I had originally looked at Cranberry, and was underwhelmed by what I saw - decent choices for $100 it looked like.
But then I saw the reviews on here and called HIE meadville, got the AAA rate of $80 something (can't remember) - and had a wonderful experience from the first telephone contact.
The hotel itself is pleasantly nice - lobby, breakfast area - all kinds of little extras/free foods and drinks all day. The phenomenal customer service continued on arrival.
The downsides of the room - as has been mentioned, it's a bit older but looks to be renovated in the important aspects. So carpet, wallpaper in bathroom, little nooks and crannies were not a treat on the eyes.
So that's the bad - I can't even list all the good.
- the towels - soft, nice, an "oops" towel by the sink for spills
- the toiletries - nice shampoo/conditioner and bath and body works lotion - plus the extras you don't seem to get anymore like shoe shine wipe, etc
- the pillowcases - labeled as to whether pillow is soft or firm
- the coffee maker - FINALLY - hot chocolate for those of us who don't drink coffee or tea!!!!
- the artwork in the rooms and hallways, the bed, the little chair even though the room is small - all fantastic
They really and truly went the extra mile to ensure provision of the things that matter. We got there after a long, difficult weekend (death in family), I'm pregnant and wasn't in great shape (meaning tired, lightheaded, etc) - and it was our anniversary and we had forgotten in the grief of the weekend.
we asked them to order a snowstorm so we'd be stuck there the next night! (They offered to remove our tires instead, so as not to have to deal with snow.)
We ate at the Italian restaurant, got a 10% coupon from the hotel without even asking, and were just amazed, it seems this town is a deep well of courtesy and service. I just kept looking around and wondering how they are able to offer so much, so generously.
I can't say enough - we are VERY critical, we do a lot of research, and we have stayed in a lot of hotels. This is one place I will recommend widely, we will hope to stay at again, and it's a place I hope continues to do very well - they deserve it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come experience our Newly Renovated Hotel. We have added an indoor heated pool, spa, and fitness facility. As well as upgrading all of the guest rooms. Come experience it. We offer complimentary breakfast, evening snacks, and a manager's cocktail party every week. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, IHG, Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Meadville PA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Meadville Pa Hotel Meadville
- Meadville Holiday Inn Express
- Holiday Inn Meadville