“More of a bar, standard food overpriced” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 18 Restaurants in Matamoras
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: The URL is for a Yelp listing; I could not find a web site for the restaurant itself.
upstate NY
“More of a bar, standard food overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

This is locally know as a hangout for the under 25 bar crowd. Food is descent but priced like an Applebee's or similar overpriced chain. Nothing spectacular, more or a chain restaurant knock off with the same prices and slighly oesser food, ergo the typical crowd age.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Pahoa, Hawaii, United States
“Rubbery, overcooked, frozen supermarket food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

While visiting the area from Hawaii, I went to the Grill to pick up 3 take out appetizers. When I pulled up there were only 3 cars in the parking lot, the place was empty, and when I entered the restaurant the hostess was engaged in personal conversation with another member of the staff and ignored me for about 15 seconds (I started mentally counting) until she finished her story. When she turned and welcomed me I said I wanted to order 3 appetizers for take out. One of them was the chicken wings and I asked for a list of the 20+ sauces that I had seen on the online menu. She pulled out a list and I chose 2 to accompany my order. She asked if I was planning to wait or return and I told her I was picking up cookies at the local Price Chopper and would be right back. When I returned, the order was sitting on the counter at the entrance but nobody was around. I waited for about 30 seconds and then walked into the restaurant and looked around. There were 4 men sitting at the bar but no bartender or any staff in sight. I waited some more and then a waiter? went out to the bar and I asked if he could ring me up. I was getting impatient having to find somebody to give my money to. The hostess finally showed up. The bill came to $33.04 and the hostess had to leave while I waited again to break my $100. When she returned she told me that she took off the 4 cents to make it an even $33. I took my change and tipped her $4. When I got home I washed my hands and sat down with my friends to eat. I asked where the coconut shrimp was and he said he had already finished it. I opened my pot stickers and could not believe that there were only 5 in the large take out container. They were rubbery as though they had been in the microwave for too long. These were the same pot stickers that can be bought in the frozen section of any supermarket at 12 for $2.99. I am dumbfounded that I paid $9.95 for 5 shriveled up over microwaved frozen supermarket appetizers. They were awful and I was very tempted to actually get back in the car and return them for a refund. I ate them because it was all that I had. The kitchen were I am staying is being renovated and there literally is no sink, stove, etc. This was my first experience with this restaurant and definitely my last.

• Visited January 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
MOBILE
“the Grill Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Small place but really good food. Steaks, burgers, some seafood, full bar. Good service, friendly and helpful. Enjoyed eating there twice.

Visited December 2012
New Windsor, New York
“GREAT SPORTS BAR”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

A great meeting place for some good food and to watch your favorite team on the big screen TV. If your a Steelers fan it is the best. Always a special night going on and good music too. The service was great and always filling up your popcorn cup. We just had appetizers but enjoyed the wings alot. Will go back again.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Golden, Colorado
“Very average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

and average prices. The service was good, I would say have had better wings before, the garlic is good, but they were soaked in butter which made it too greasy. The fish in the fish and chips was ok, but the chips was just that, chips (home made) I would enjoy fries better. Poor selection of beer.

• Visited October 2012