“Beautiful and Fun!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Marshalls Creek
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
“Beautiful and Fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2010

My husband and I recently went to Pocono Palace for the first time. My parents have been going there for several years and are "Forever Lovers." I wasn't 100 percent sure that the place would be my style - it seemed like it could be a little hokey - but I have to say that we had a wonderful time. Yes, the rooms are a little dated, and there is obvious wear and tear (mostly carpeting), but they were overall clean and a lot of fun. It was fun to have a private pool and sauna. The atmosphere, while cheesy at times, was positive and fun. It seemed like everyone was really enjoying themselves. The scenery was AMAZING. Beautiful lake, and the surrounding area benefits from having some wonderful hiking trails and attractions. I suggest a day-trip to Bushkill Falls. I was concerned going in that the food would be bland and buffet-style. Again, I was delightfully surprised! It was great all four days we were there. They used good cuts of meat and everything was cooked perfectly. The homemade soups were also wonderful, including the chicken gumbo in particular. Through and through, I was delightfully surprised by the place. For someone who is looking for a quick getaway or respite for just a couple of days I highly recommend it. The prices are a little high for both rooms and drinks, but if you can get ahold of one of their specials, or bring some of your own alcohol, you can make it worth your while. If the raunchy thing is not for you, then just sit-out on the games. This resort can be whatever you'd like it to be - a romantic getaway, golf retreat, or outdoor haven.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
Levittown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2010

I have stayed at Pocono Palace over 20 times and it gets better every time we go. We love the resort, food, and accommodations but most important is the management and staff! I never get tired of going and will continue to go as long as I can vacation. Phil, Melissa, Laura, Gina, Shane, and Nick (just to name a few people) make us feel like we belong and always greet us like they're so happy to see us every time we visit. They are attentive to our every need and then some. I only wish we could go more often. I can't wait to go back. The only negative is that we're so sad to leave!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Levittown, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2010

My husband and I just stayed at Pocono Palace this past weekend for the second time. It was once again fabulous. We were able to do things we didn't do before like play games in the lounge and participate in activities. We stayed in the Roman Towers which were beautiful. I have no complaints. The food was great! We had a great time and it is a very nice way to connect with your partner in this hectic world. I definitely recommend these resorts!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2010

We love this place. We go every year to the Palace and have the best time. The rooms are wonderful and so are the staff. You couldnt ask for a more romantic place to vacation. There is plenty to do and the food is out of this world, and you can eat as much as you want. Already have 2 return trips booked for this year and 1 for next March already.

brooklyn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2010

I just got back from this resort just today.. we had a great time!! the service is great alogn with the food. The night entertainment was very good and the comedy show was very funny! There is so much to do at this resort! you will never get bored. The one thing i have to admit is the room I was in was a little old looking sort of stuck in the 80"s however it was very clean and still nice. we stayed in the fairway suite it had a nice jacuzzi and a fire place.. i plan to stay at this resort again but not in the same room. the breakfast buffer is excellent!!!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
gdn2477
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2010

OK we jus came back yesterday from the pococno palace it was blast . check in was fast they allowed us to eat breakfest before checking in ...We were worried about the bad reviews so we asked to see the room before paying the balance .they had someone bring us over to the room so we could inspect them the rooms were very clean the room they gave us jus had the carpets washed the buildings from the outside look like what the hell did i jus pay for but once you go inside your like wow . the jacuzzi was clean an a great time the bed was very comfortable so comfortable it was hard to get up in the morning the bathrooms were clean an the in room pool was a fun an relaxing time the bedroom area had a 42 inch lcd (flat screen tv)in the jacuzzi area they had a small tv but when your in the jacuzzi with your loved one whos watching tv they had a bose radio system throughout the room for your music entertainment they had a horse an carriage that we enjoyed a ride it was 20 dollars yes i said 20 dollars your not riding in central park but it is a romanitc ride mark an his wife the carriage operatorsare very nice an know alot about the area so if you have questions ask they have fun games to play that have a sexual undertone but you are there with your loved ones so have a good time an participate at 5 they have hot an cold hor derbs very tasty the drinks were not very expensive 7 for a jack an coke an 8 for a peach sangria we won 80 dollars playing bingo helped pay for the drinks they had music an entertainment at night a lat night snack the breakfest an dinner were great the first night we had flank steak an roasted chicken the next night we had the talipia an a chicken dish that was very tasty breakfest had eggs french toast pancakes all types of meats cereal anything you could want the people athe resort were very nice and helpful the guest were great to everyone happy an haveing a great time people wrote the place was for swingere they are crazy couples here were in love an spending time with there loved ones if you are looking for the ritz this place isnt for you but if you can overlook the small stuff an dont nit pick about things you will have a great time here the location is great everything you could want is close we went to the pocono candle place picked up some candels for the room the outlets were 25-30 mins away buskill falls are close bye the casino is about 35 mins away they even let us stay past the check out time so we can partici[pate in the games before we left it was a great time an we will be back there soon i hope this helps people an they told me that most people that complain never give them the chance to fix things so if you go there an have a problem let them know so the can take care of you

Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2010

We had been to Cove Haven twice before, and we heard about a Facebook Fans deal for a weekend at any of the three resorts, so we decided to take them up on the offer and give Pocono Palace a try. Overall, we weren't disappointed. The first night they held a reception for all of the Facebook fans, and it was great meeting everyone that we'd corresponded with on-line. We all had dinner together (Italian buffet, which was quite good), and we all received a little gift package with two mugs, a mousepad, and some chocolate bars. We also had free wine and champagne with our meal. They also took a group picture of us, and gave us all a complimentary copy.

Our room was very nice, though admittedly a little worn. It was very clean and comfortable, but definitely needed a facelift, so to speak. We had a lot of fun with our in-room hot tub and pool. And the shower was perfect - we liked it better than the shower we have at home!

We took advantage of breakfast in bed, having coffee delivered to our room each morning. There is also free coffee in the lobby until 11:00 AM, which was a nice touch. We are big coffee drinkers, so this definitely was an added bonus for us.

On our first full day there, we did some traveling and shopping. There is a lot of nearby shopping, no matter what your style. I'm into country-style decor and primitives, and there was plenty to choose from just within a few minutes drive. There is also outlet shopping, box store shopping, etc. not far from the resort. We also took a spin up to the sister resort, Paradise Stream, and might just give that one a try next time.

Sadly, our dinner on Strip Night was not very good. While our server was quite pleasant and polite, the service was very slow, and the steak was very overcooked (I ordered it medium, and it was beyond well done - charred, in fact.) They also didn't warn me that there would be walnuts in the brownie they served in my dessert, and I'm allergic to walnuts (fortunately not to an anaphylactic or deadly degree, because I had one fully chewed before I made the realization!).

On Sunday we enjoyed the indoor miniature golf and game room for a bit, and then did a little bit more local sightseeing, including the nearby Pocono Snake and Animal Farm. It definitely wasn't the San Diego Zoo or anything, but it was fun nonetheless.

Dinner on Sunday night was SPECTACULAR - we had a roast turkey dinner with biscuits, cornbread, stuffing, and mashed potatoes, all of which were OUTSTANDING, and followed it with ice cream and took advantage of the make-your-own sundae buffet. I was very happy to find a topping similar to what Dairy Queen used to call Krunch Kote, since earlier in the day we had made the sad discovery that Dairy Queen no longer carries Krunch Kote :).

The entertainment on both Friday and Saturday night was a lot of fun. The bands and comedian were great. We stayed in on Sunday night and enjoyed our hot tub while watching 60 Minutes and Amazing Race.

My only major complaint, other than the dinner that didn't go so well - alcohol prices. I was in the mood for a frozen cocktail, and the least expensive one was $9. This had only one shot of liquor in it, mind you. I don't mind paying for my drinks. I do mind paying outrageous prices for them. Fortunately, we're not really big drinkers, so it's not a huge deal for us to just skip the alcohol and have soda instead. But seriously - if it's going to cost us $20 just to have one drink, that's outrageous.

Overall, though, it was a very good trip, and we will definitely go to Pocono Palace again. Despite all the potentially negative aspects at any of these resorts, there's no denying that they are really romantic and a great place to reconnect with your spouse/partner. I expect we'll have difficulty deciding which resort to go to, but it won't matter - we'll have a great time no matter what we choose!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Pocono Palace Resort? Share your experiences!