My husband and I recently went to Pocono Palace for the first time. My parents have been going there for several years and are "Forever Lovers." I wasn't 100 percent sure that the place would be my style - it seemed like it could be a little hokey - but I have to say that we had a wonderful time. Yes, the rooms are a little dated, and there is obvious wear and tear (mostly carpeting), but they were overall clean and a lot of fun. It was fun to have a private pool and sauna. The atmosphere, while cheesy at times, was positive and fun. It seemed like everyone was really enjoying themselves. The scenery was AMAZING. Beautiful lake, and the surrounding area benefits from having some wonderful hiking trails and attractions. I suggest a day-trip to Bushkill Falls. I was concerned going in that the food would be bland and buffet-style. Again, I was delightfully surprised! It was great all four days we were there. They used good cuts of meat and everything was cooked perfectly. The homemade soups were also wonderful, including the chicken gumbo in particular. Through and through, I was delightfully surprised by the place. For someone who is looking for a quick getaway or respite for just a couple of days I highly recommend it. The prices are a little high for both rooms and drinks, but if you can get ahold of one of their specials, or bring some of your own alcohol, you can make it worth your while. If the raunchy thing is not for you, then just sit-out on the games. This resort can be whatever you'd like it to be - a romantic getaway, golf retreat, or outdoor haven.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The couples-only Pocono Palace Resort is ideal for a romantic getaway. Our resort has an indoor/outdoor pool and a 32,000 sq ft sports facility. We're near shopping, horseback riding, and skiing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Orbitz and Expedia so you can book your Pocono Palace Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pocono Palace Hotel Marshalls Creek
- Caesars Pocono Palace Poconos
- Poconos Palace