“Forever Lovers who Love the Pocono Palace!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Winter Wonderland Savings
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Marshalls Creek
Easton, Pennsylvania
“Forever Lovers who Love the Pocono Palace!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

My husband and I will be returning to the Pocono Palace this year for our 14th Anniversary in March. We first visited on our honeymoon and loved our stay in the Garden of Eden Apple and have upgraded each year we have stayed. Our goal this year is the Roman Towers. While I am sad to learn that in suite breakfast has been eliminated (sometimes you just wanna stay in), I will be mindful to bring my own breakfast for those days.

While I am shocked at some of the reviews I have read and disagree with most, I do agree that the drinks are a little pricey, I learned that lesson the very first year, We have never had any problems with the staff, I do believe that more activities should be added for the winter months. My husband loves the snowmobiles but I on the other hand can do without it, but I'm a chicken.

I look forward to all the new changes I have read about at the resort and know that I will have a great time. We have never used Groupon or Social whatever to book our reservation, we always book straight from the source. Yes it is pricey but well worth it when you think of all the inclusive things you receive for the price. How many hotel rooms have in-suite pools and saunas and Jacuzzis???

I recommend that you give them a try and form your own opinion of the site and the staff always seems to accommodate you when you have a problem. My only concern has been that at dinner time you can never sit by yourself with your mate to have a romantic dinner, you are always seated with strangers you do not know. My one wish would be to make it an official Land of Love and make dinner an couple experience as well.

Looking forward to spending time with the staff and the rooms at the Pocono Palace in March! See you then!

Room Tip: Garden of Eden Apple and up are the best rooms for a romantic getaway with you loved one!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Happy (almost) 14th anniversary! Thank you for spending it at Pocono Palace. See you in March.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
Brentwood, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

The beds in the Roman towers left us both with stiff necks and back pain for days. They have a Bose radio that when used it goes through paper walls. No privacy u hear what's going on in the other rooms. Very low water pressure in shower.

• Stayed December 2013
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Diamondintheruff, we'd like the check out the suite you stayed in to make sure the water pressure is okay and the bed is nice and comfy. Please consider emailing us at PoconoRomance@covepoconoresorts.com with the details of your stay.
West Chester, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Reviews of this resort prior to our visit made us aware of what to expect, so we did not set our expectations to the highest level.

Much to our surprise, our suite, the restaurant food and the available activities during our stay in Dec. 2013 surpassed our expectations and we had a very nice time at the resort.

The comedians fell short of our expectations, as they were really bad - not funny or entertaining at all. The bands were fine. I guess that is the luck of the draw.

Mother Nature did not cooperate too much by having some snow on the ground so we could enjoy more winter sports, but we did enjoy the other activities that were available.

The suite was very clean, as was the indoor pool area.

Overall, we enjoyed staying here and will consider coming back during warmer weather to take advantage of the summer activities.

Room Tip: Garden of Eden Apple suite with indoor pool is a nice place to stay. I can't compare with other...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you, Bob M. Hope to see you again when the weather gets warmer.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

The room itself had no music besides the radio with commercials, when I called the front desk, they couldn't help me. The glass champagne tub took about 45 minutes to fill up! (by the time it filled up, my wife fell asleep...) In the morning only cold water came out from spa faucet. The bathroom was dirty. We finally saved the money to get the most expensive room on the property and we feel tricked...

• Stayed December 2013
263662, we'd like to talk to you about your stay at Pocono Palace. Please consider emailing us at PoconoRomance@covepoconoresorts.com with a good number and time to reach you.
Terryville, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Pocono Palace for a mini honeymoon. For 3 nights, we paid almost $1400 for the champagne tower suite. Overall, the suite was outdated and the bed uncomfortable and the pillows in need of replacement. We also had an ant problem that was reported and promised to be rectified by both the housekeeping staff and an exterminator, but a break down in communication from the front desk left the issue untreated for the duration of our stay. The shower head needed replacement and there were loose tiles in the bathroom. The suite was also in need of a thorough cleaning (walls, lighting fixtures, ceilings).
The pool in the suite was pretty cool, and even though we had the above issues, it was our honeymoon and we made the best of it. The food was pretty good, and while it was great that it was included in the package, they sure made up for it on the price of drinks!! I'd recommend they diversify their musical acts (we saw only top 40 cover bands).
Overall, it was just okay. I would not stay here again for the price.

Stayed December 2013
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Congratulations Mr. & Mrs. Kate G! Thank you for spending your honeymoon with us. I wasn't able to find a record of the issues you mentioned and would like the opportunity to speak to you about your stay. Please consider emailing me at PoconoRomance@covepoconoresorts.com.

Travelers are raving about these Marshalls Creek hotels

wappingers falls
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

My son got me and my wife a few day at pocono palace and it was like being on our honey moon all over agan but better. The rooms are to die for and the service is top notch. They have a lot of activities and things to do. Rob the activity director was really good and made the games that were plaied fun for everone. I will go back in fact I booked for next year.

Room Tip: all room are good
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Love this review! Thank you, bob d! See you soon.
Pasadena, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

This was my first time purchasing a getaway Groupon. When I purchased the Groupon, I did not receive a welcome email from Cove Haven about my reservation. There was no email from the resort thanking me for my purchase, the next steps for using the Groupon, or the location of my reservation. I would have appreciated this along with information about what was “all inclusive.” I visited the Cove Haven website to get more information about Cove Haven Resorts and that was not much help. The Groupon only said that is was for the Cove Haven Resorts so I punched that address into my GPS thinking that was where I was staying. Wrong! I arrived at the Cove Haven resorts at midnight only to find out there were 3 properties for the Coven Haven Resorts. I was staying at the Poconos Palace, which was one hour south of Cove Haven. The desk clerk at Cove Haven offered to allow me to stay with them, however I wanted to be at the location I paid for. I was given correct directions to the Palace and the clerk called ahead to the Palace letting them know I was on my way.

When I arrived at the Palace at 1 am, I was greeted by the desk clerk, Evan. He told me that he had not worked at this location in a long time and was trying to get use to the ins and outs of the Palace. Evan bumbled his way through my reservation. He had trouble finding my room on the map, did not know the all inclusive package information, and gave me incorrect information about my meals. Evan stated that since I had missed the Friday dinner, I could get Saturday lunch for free. He told me that he put it under my reservation in the computer. Wrong!

When I arrived at my room, I was less than impressed with the décor. The room looked like it was decorated with a 60s/70s feel. The only thing in the room that felt current was the HD TV. I understand the purpose of the mirrors all around the room. However, they over all decoration of the room felt old and outdated. The room also did not smell fresh. It smelled like stale air. Disappointing. I appreciated that there was free WiFi on the resort.

The next day I had a wonderful breakfast in bed. I loved the location of my room. The lakeside view was perfect and breakfast at the restaurant was tasty. The view from my table was breathtaking and my server, David (can’t remember his name), was very attentive to my needs.

I spent some time after breakfast walking the resort. The gift shop offered an assortment of products. The two ladies working in the gift shop showed me that there were cross country skiing and snowmobile riding activities. If I had know that these activities were a part of the “all inclusive” Groupon package, I would have packed the appropriate gear to participate. Upon further exploration of the resort, I saw there were other activities such as roller skating, pool, saunas, hot tub pool, and horse riding. Again, I did not know these activities were available when I purchased my Groupon.

At lunch time, I called the front desk to double check on my free meal that Evan said I would get since I missed Friday dinner. The person on the phone, Violet, said that was fine and if there was a problem, the front desk would take care of it. I went to the Café to use my free lunch pass but when I went to the Café, they had no record of what Evan or Violet stated to me. I had to pay for the meal out of my own pocket. I was told by Shawn, the chef at the Café, that I would need to go back to the front desk to work out the confusion. At the front desk, I was greeted by Violet and Melissa. They both were less than helpful. They told me that Evan should have given me a card/pass to get the free lunch. However, remember earlier that Evan did not seem to know what he was doing at the front desk when I checked in. Violet and Melissa were rude and stated that Evan was wrong and I would not get the free lunch. I asked for their names (they were not wearing their name tags like the other staff member). Violet asked, “Why do you need our names?” I explained to her that I’m learning the names of all the staff members I meet and I’m the guest. I thought the idea of the resort was to make the guest happy. I wasn’t making an unreasonable request. She knew my name, why couldn’t I know hers? My experience with Violet made me not enjoy my stay even more. The irony of my encounter with Violet was that she was the one on the phone who told me to come to the desk and everything would be taken are of. Wrong! She wanted to argue with me. I hope someone will speak with Melissa and Violet about their customer service behavior. To rectify the problem, Violet gave me pass to have free meals later in the day or tomorrow. This pass was not really useable since it was already 2pm and Saturday dinner was at 5pm and check out on Sunday was at 11 am and the Café opened on Sunday at noon. When would I have time to use the pass?! I ended up not using the pass and paying for my own meal. I returned the pass when I checked out on Sunday.

Shawn, at the café was very kind. I was amazed how she was able to cook the food, help at the cash register, and answer questions. Why was Shawn working alone? The food was yummy and filling.

I attended the Bingo with CXO, Dina. That was the most fun and delightful experience I had all day at the Palace. I even found the evening activities enjoyable. The band was wonderful. The bar tenders I experienced during my stay, Shane and Karen were attentive. Shane was working the afternoon shift while Karen was the evening shift. Again, I applaud these staff members for working the bar alone. I like that the Palace seems to have different evening entrainment acts.

Dinner was also a tasty treat. The food was lovely as was the dessert. The music was romantic and perfect for the atmosphere. However, my server, I forget his name, seemed young and inexperienced. He was struggling handling multiple tables and looked like he was “in the weeds.” I did not receive my drinks until 5-7 minutes after I ordered them. He even served me the wrong appetizer. I’m not sure if this was his first service, but he could use more training.

In summary, my overall stay at the Pocono Palace was less than enjoyable. I was hoping for more of professional and modern experience. What I received was a lackluster experience from the atmosphere and staff members. The most positive part was that I was able to get way from the stress in my life to a location with peace and quiet. I was able to relax. The other positive side was that Teresa had upgraded my reservation to the Lakeside suites. She was great attending to my many reservation changes. I would recommend this resort to my family and friends. Knowing now about the conveniences of the resort, I would come again.

Room Tip: I enjoyed the Lakeside suites.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
We are sorry for the confusion regarding what's included with your stay, Zakiya W. Unfortunately Groupon doesn't provide us with your information for us to be able to email you. I would also like to apologize for the confusion at our Front Desk. Please know we will be speaking to all the Team Members you mentioned, including the Dining Room and entertainment staff. I am happy to hear you were able to relax while you were here and we hope for the opportunity to welcome you back to experience our usual standard of customer service.

Been to Pocono Palace Resort? Share your experiences!