“Above and beyond!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Marshalls Creek
Yardley, Pennsylvania
“Above and beyond!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I have to say I never write reviews but this experience was one I had to! As soon as we got there we requested an upgrade on a very busy weekend and Diane at the front desk moved mountains for us, not only did we get one of the best suites, she gave it to us for half price the first night and the second night free! The room was amazing with an indoor pool and sauna, we were in heaven. Unfortunately, a stroke of bad luck hit when our car wouldn't start, but not to worry not only did Steve the Engineer take the time to try and jump our car, he also called for Ray to pick my husband up and drive him to get what we needed to get the battery charged! I couldn't be more grateful for their hospitality. The dead battery could have ruined our trip if it weren't for them. We enjoyed an amazing anniversary weekend in the Pocono's and booked again for next year! Thank You Pocono Palance!! The Archers

Room Tip: The Champange Towers were amazing!!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Happy anniversary Lisa A! Thank you for sharing it with us! And thank you for the wonderful review. See you next year.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
Honey Brook, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

We stayed 3 days this past weekend for my husband's birthday. I wanted to go somewhere we could just relax, play, and not worry about anything. This was the spot! Food was excellent, activities were a blast, views were gorgeous. Room was lovely and clean (a little dated, but still super nice). The staff was so friendly and the mood was great. We laughed, and played, and escaped from the world! We can't wait to go back again. Anyone who left a bad review must have been trying to find a problem. We loved it.

Room Tip: We stayed in a Fairway Suite and it was super nice! Far enough from main building that it was very...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Happy birthday Mr. Maggie P! Thank you for sharing it with us. Happy to hear you loved the Land of Love. We hope to welcome you back.
Laureldale, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Just returned from the Pocono Palace today, My Wife and I were reading the reviews and were concerned due to the not so positive ratings. We are in the "Forever Lovers" program and book from year to year our vacation.
When we arrived on Sunday, The 1st thing we noticed was the large projector screen in the lobby showing pictures of the staff and the different activities. We were greeted promptly by the always friendly Gayle. She checked us in quickly and easily we were off to breakfast which was buffet style. It was very good. Wish I could have ate more.
We got into our suite and settled in. Everything was clean. None of the problems that were discussed in other reviews.
As the week went on, we had breakfast and dinner both in buffet style and sit down style. The buffet had a good selection and if you would go away hungry, its your fault. The sit down style had at least 4 different main coarse selections to choose from depending on your taste. We both liked the lemon chicken and the prime rib.
To the front of the House (Rhema, Gayle, Matt, Karen),The wait staff (Shalan, David, Bev), The CXO'S (Dina and Rob), the bartenders/cocktail waitress (Shane, Karen, Laura, Gina, Noel) and the rest of the staff, thanks for the great and relaxing time. They were always willing to help or find what you looking for. Already can't wait until next year and looking forward to seeing you then.
Photos to follow.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you rescuenut10. I will be sure to share with our Team Members.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

We stayed in room 516 in the Champagne Towers. I got the deal on groupon, so we went in a Thursday night. The room is amazing. If you like novelty tubs & pools then this is the place for you. I did not find the room dirty or gross. It was clean & well maintained. The heart shaped pool was warm & enclosed in a glass room to keep the humid chlorine smells to a minimum. I'm super sensitive to smells and molds and I felt perfectly fine in this room. The sauna is cool. The bed is round & has star lights above it. The room is really cool and you have to take it for what it is. It's a "romance" place in Pennsyltucky. This is not the luxury palace in Manhattan. The wallpaper is out dated & I don't know why they have an Egyptian theme with the pastel wall paper, but it's not a deal breaker when you have an 8 ft champagne glass in your room. I don't think they should have carpeting, because you are going to have wet feet between the pool & the tub & getting out of the shower.
The food wasn't the best, you have to pick out of four choices. The salad comes out of a bag & I didn't see any vegetarian option. The bartender Shane was awesome & the staff overall were great. The young kids working the dining hall were ok, not the best. I think if you like kitschy stuff & can laugh at yourself doing fun things then you'll have a great time. We played racquet ball, basketball, badminton, ping pong, pool & mini golf. The gym is open 24 hours & so is the pool & hot tub. Although that hot tub was more of a luke tub & the pool felt too cold to try.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Great headline Brookebee81! Happy to hear you enjoyed the Champagne Tower.
Newton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Went away with my husband for a short getaway. Normally we stay at cove haven. But decided to try pocono palace. We definatly well be going back. This place seemed to be a bit more updated. I found the staff much friendlier and helpful. Food was good. Breakfast is always our favorite. I love the fact that everything is all in one area. Restaurant, night club etc. I didnt want to leave and can't wait to go back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thanks Sher1014. Happy to hear you enjoyed Pocono Palace. Love your last line. See you next time.
Schenectady
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

The first night we checked into the Fairway suites. Carpet not vacuumed, bugs on floor, smelled, sliced pillow cases, dirty mirrors and cobwebs everywhere. They moved our room and not much better. The next day we checked into our Champagne Tower. What a nightmare. Dirty bloody bandage in pool, strawberries on floor from prior guests, cigarette ashes all over table, cobwebs all over lamp and corners of walls, blanket on bed ripped, mirrors smudged with finger prints. I had to leave my room twice so house keeping could come back and clean room. I got to see three different rooms in my 2 day stay and all rooms need a good cleaning. Lets not even get into how outdated everything is. The staff in dining room act like they are being forced to be there and not friendly at all. The one good thing was the food was pretty good. The food on buffet was a little cold but tasted good. There great spa is located in a scary hotel room on premise. It is not a spa! Manager is sending coupon for lowest rate on Roman Towers and I will not be using it. I will spend my hard earned money elsewhere. What a horrible anniversary wasted at this place.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
We are sorry for this reaction from our Housekeeping and Dining Room Team Members. It is not normal practice and we take these comments very seriously. I will be meeting with our Housekeeping Team. Please send your name and the dates of your visit to PoconoRomance@covepoconoresorts.com so that we may address this matter.

Travelers are raving about these Marshalls Creek hotels

Smithtown, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

My wife and I were completely blown away at how great a getaway this was for us. Had the Roman Towers and it was amazing. I don't see any of the issues other people have posted on here. The only one item that could use some work is the food. The steak was hard to cut through but, that alone would not affect my review of the stay. Plenty of activities, bicycle riding, raquetball and paddleboating was fun. Will do it again!

Room Tip: Good thing about the roman towers is that they have an auxillary input on the bose surround sound sy...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you Oompah100. Thank you for all the positive comments. I have also talked to our Executive Chef, Sue, about your steak. Very happy to hear you'll be back. See you next time.

Been to Pocono Palace Resort? Share your experiences!