“Loved our stay once again” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Winter Wonderland Savings
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Marshalls Creek
Waterford, Connecticut
“Loved our stay once again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

We Stayed the weekend of January 6th and was upgraded to the Roman Towers ( a benifit of
being a forever lover). We checkin in early on the 6th and had the chance to look for the Pocono Palace bear and found it on the archory range with in 20 mins. The next day we did find it again on the driving range but left it for someone else to find. We were given a very soft and heavy set of his and hers robes that they sell in the gift shop for about 100 dollars each. Then that night we went to bingo and horse racing and had a blast. The CXO do all they can to make your stay all about you and your loved one. There is a range of couples there from there twentys to there sixties. Dress code is very casaul and food is always great on Friday and Saturdays. We have never had a bad meal some not as good as ofthers but how cares we did not have to cook. We had a great time and are going back in a few weeks. We can't wait. We have stay here 7 time now in the last year and have enjoyed every stay. We have noticed that most of the bad reviews are mainly the lower rooms (without inroom pools). Do yourself a favor and signup for the email and they always send specials that are not on the website. We go for one on one time alone together like we did when we first got married and this resort makes all this happen everytime. The staff is very helpful and freindly for checkin to check out. Remember it is what YOU make of it. You make your stay special and the Palace helps make your get away time possiable. Here we come winter dog

Room Tip: Bring your own snakes, drinks, firelogs, coffee pot, videos, toys, and alcohol
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this review, February 29, 2012
Thank you for the great review Mercuryct. If anyone is interested, you can visit our website to sign up for email offers.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
Newburgh, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

This was our second visit, but our first to pocono palace. The first time we stayed at Cove Haven which we absolutely love. Me and my husband weren't so happy because our room had not been cleaned properly. The bathroom had an used old soap laying by the shower, the jacuzzi was dirty and the refrigerator had drinks from the previous couple. I wad so unhappy and displeased because we paid $350 for a room that was not cleaned properly. Other than that, we did not have any problems. Breakfast and dinner were great. The activities were fun. We went snowmobiling. The indoor pool and jacuzzi area is nice. The lake view hike is beautiful and the bar area was ok, not the best. We rather go back to Cove Haven. We want to become forever lovers but if we have a bad experience again I don't know if it will happen.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this review, February 24, 2012
I am very sorry to hear this Gabyelmendorf. If you haven’t heard from our Resort Manager yet, he will be calling very soon.
Syracuse, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

Almost $750 for two nights at the Lakeside Chalet. For that price, it needs a bit of renovating. My recommendation is to only go here if you plan to take advantage of all the extra activites and couples' socializing. We were just looking for a really nice hotel room to get away from it all for a weekend and we were sorely dissapointed. The only thing I was happy to see was the 32" flat screen TV with a DVD player... everything else was straight from the 80's. Dirt covered the bathroom vent and spots of mildew covered the wallpaper above the shower. The mattress was very old with spots/stains and the comforter was very old as well. When I say old... I mean about 20 years. If they want to keep these rates and keep people coming back I suggest the do some renovating soon. If I had to do it again, we would have picked a different place to go and probably saved a couple hundred bucks. The service was good and friendly and the view of the lake was lovely, but not enough to justify what we spent.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this review, February 23, 2012
Please know that we take your review very seriously Jleigh010. Please consider email me at PoconoResorts@starwoodhotels.com – I’d like to check out the suite you stayed in.

Travelers are raving about these Marshalls Creek hotels

Waldorf, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

We Stayed Feb 18-20th at Pocono Palace. This was our first time at Cove Haven Resorts and I absolutely love the Palace.( I've read other reviews listed and I beg to differ) The service was wonderful start to finish. Upon booking we were assigned a vacation planner (Patty), who sent a thank you /reservation reminder card, and called to remind us of our stay the night before and to answer any remaining questions. At the Palace,check in was friendly and fast. Gail was absoluteley lovely! The outside of the building does nothing for the treasure inside! We stayed in the Champagne Tower and was absolutely in awe at how beautiful the room was,the heart shaped pool,& champagne glass hot tub, all wonderful. The housekeeping staff are very thorough,(do not let the nit pickers sway you away!!!) Our room had flat screen TVs ( if u want to watch TV).
The activities in the main building were fun, we really enjoyed the pool tables and mini golf. The food was just as awesome, I highly recommend going on Saturday so you can enjoy the strip steaks. The breakfast buffet was also very tasty and had something for everyone. We did not take advantage of the breakfast in bed option, because we loved the view of the lake in the morning sun. The resort is not cheesy or gimicky at all, this place was designed for couples to reconnect and get away from the everyday hustle and bustle of life. While on property the CXO offered a room tour of all the different types of rooms that are offered, and all have very different and unique features! If its in the budget I recommend going for one of the better rooms, you will NOT regret it!! Although, I will say, if you book one of the lower prices rooms, it is YOU that makes the difference ( pack your candles, wine and fun loving attitude, and a good time can be had just the same) The band was surprisingly good, and the comedian Saturday night was hilarious. One of the things I loved the most about the resort, is that you dress how you are comfortable, so dressing for dinner is not mandatory.
While there we also visited the Paradise Stream Property and the positive attitude continues to flow there as well.
Go -celebrate your love you will not regret it!

Room Tip: If its in the budget I recommend going for one of the better rooms, you will NOT regret it!! Althoug...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
You are the reason we love what we do Brightskin3! Thank you for the amazing review and we hope you’ll be back to visit soon!
Kingston, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

We stay here a couple times a year and our favorite room is the Fantasy Apple. We have stayed in most of them (champagne tower, garden of eden, etc.) but we love the Fantasy Apple with the fabulous design - fire place, glass floor that looks down in the swimming pool (absolutely amazing), the private deck overlooking the water...perfect! The food is wonderful and the service is outstanding.

Room Tip: Fantasy Apple is the best room! We love it!!!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this review, March 28, 2012
Thanks Colleen849!
Fredericksburg, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

My husband and I, along with two other couples planned a weekend getaway to relax and enjoy ourselves. Our time away was fantastic in every way except the Roman Towers rooms! We enjoyed the nightly entertainment, the CXO's games, volleyball, archery, roller skating, wine tasting and our dinner servers Joe & John! Everything outside the rooms was wonderful and we always enjoy spending quality time with our friends!

Now for the room.... We all had issues with our rooms from cigarette smoke, to not being able to control the room temperature. The ladies went out to CVS and purchased cleaning supplies and air freshner to hopefully "fix" the issues. I did notify the front desk of the over powering cigarette smell in our room, and they did send someone out to deodorize the room. For all of the nonsmokers, we know that cigarette smell/smoke never goes away, especially once it gets into furniture and carpets. The deodorizer helped, but only as bandaid. The white ceiling fan was also extremely nasty!

The biggest disappointment was the Champagne Tower tub. I was really looking forward to soaking in this jetted tub and relaxing with the hubby. After climbing into the tub myself with our bleach cleaner, I sprayed into the jets, the drain and scrubbed the entire tub myself. I filled the tub with hot water enough to cover the jets to allow water to soak the jets and clean out any old residue. This was something we all planned on doing anyway, but our original cleaning supplies our Lysol and Clorox wipes were not enough! I actually saw sludge come out of the jets!!! I was grossed out, but figured I could fix the problem with enough cleaning. It did not work after repeating this process a few times. When I thought the tub was ready to be used (on our second night there, of only two nights) I began to fill the tub. I noticed what I thought was a string in the drain as the tub filled and reached down to pull it. As I pulled the string, long strands of hair came out with it!!! I thought I was going to vomit in the tub. I had to go and bleach my fingers!!! Needless to say, we didn't relax in the Champagne Tower tub that we paid for!

This was our second visit to the Poconos. Our first visit was 10 years ago to the Cove Haven location when the resort was still under Ceasars. I don't remember any of these issues being a problem then and we stayed in the same type of room with the Champagne Tower tub. The overall look of the resort is dated and in need of renovation!

I am glad our friends were with us, because they made the trip worthwhile!!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Liv4tropicalsun, my heart sank when I read about your Champagne Tower. Please know that we set ourselves to a high standard and this should of never happened. Please consider emailing me at PoconoResorts@starwoodhotels.com with your stay details.
long island ny
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

I think it was very overpriced. The room was small...they have tiny TV's from the 80's. No internet in the room and it was down for 5 hours in the main building. The food was very good and the staff was all very friendly. They add gratuity to your bill and you know you feel obligated to tip them anyway. So it was an extra $100 for gratuities for 2 days!! (not counting what we left on the table) They could at least throw in a drink at dinner.

Room Tip: Do not pick the Fairmont..its a motel room with a heart shape tub.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
I’m sorry to hear this was your experience paulap7777. Most of our suites are very spacious. I encourage you to visit again and try a different style.

Been to Pocono Palace Resort? Share your experiences!