“Pocono Palace - Fantasy Apple Suite” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
HUGE SPRING SAVINGS!
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Marshalls Creek
Stowe, Pennsylvania
“Pocono Palace - Fantasy Apple Suite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

We stayed at Pocono Palace last weekend. We had booked a Fantasy Apple suite because we wanted a room with a balcony.

We had a slight problem a check in. Twice we had to go back to the office because our key cards would not work on our door. So rather than making us wait while they reprogrammed the door they put us in another suite. That was where our problems stopped. I think people need to remember when booking a stay here that you are in fact staying in the mountains of PA. This is a beautiful relaxed couple’s atmosphere. You make it luxurious and romantic for yourself, not the resort.

From previous reviews I was feeling really nervous on our way there. But I was very pleasantly surprised. Our suite was clean, nice and did not smell of chlorine, mold or anything else. The TV on the upper level is older but we didn’t care. The bed was clean, mattress and all! The flat screen on the mid-level (bedroom level) was a newer TV on a swivel stand with a DVD player and a Bose radio as well. All which worked perfectly fine for us. The pool was clean, warm and nice to have. No you can’t do laps in it but what do you expect for a 2 person pool. The balcony was a nice size, we had a nice view of Lake Echo and even though it was cold we definitely enjoyed sitting out there in the mornings. The curtains contained the sun so I could sleep in a bit. The room has definitely been upgraded over time not that it couldn’t use a bit more but it was nothing like I was expecting.

In all honesty the only real improvements that could be made in our room were the shower and dry sauna. I believe the old plastic shower/tub combo could be made into a glass framed, double headed 2 person shower with very little work and money. And the dry sauna is tiny for 1 small person, let alone 2 people of any size. I imagine that little heat box in there is just within regulation distance of the seating and I was more concerned about burning myself so I couldn’t really sit in there and enjoy it.

Food was not bad either. We had our breakfast delivered to our room each morning between 8 and 9, which was always there by 8:20. They also have a buffet breakfast which goes from 8 to 11. So while you are on your own for lunch, if you have breakfast delivered early and then head to the buffet for a “brunch” you really shouldn’t need to go get more food until much later in the day. Friday night there was a buffet from 6 to 8. We got there around 7 and the food was still hot and tasting fine. The raviolis were actually really good as was the roast beef. The rest was standard buffet food and what we tried was good enough for us. Saturday night was strip night so it was a sit down dinner. I had the Rib eye and my love had the NY Strip. The crab bisque was great and was the French onion soup.

We took snacks and drinks to keep in our room, and our fire logs and candles. I recommend bringing all of those things, along with your slippers, robes, favorite movies and the love of your life. This can be a great trip if you make it that way. Try not to expect too much as this is just a mountain resort in PA. If you’re looking for ultra-luxury, all the modern amenities and non-stop elegance than head to a Hilton in Palm Beach. If you just want to get away to focus on yourself and your love life than go enjoy each other here and leave the world behind for a bit. We cannot wait to go back actually. Next time were hoping to stay a little longer. We’re also hoping to have some snow next time so we can do more outdoors.

Room Tip: Fantasy Apple Suite 322 was clean and perfect!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this review, February 2, 2012
So happy to hear you can’t wait to come back! Hopefully Mother Nature cooperates and we’ll have snow for you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
Millburn, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

Staff are helpful. The complex does not connected with corridors. Indoor swimming pool, hot tubs, gym, dinning room, club, etc are located in main building where we have to walk at 5 min. to. Most rooms much far away. It is very cold to walk back to room, when you are wet, even you put winter coat on. I bought bathing suit, but could not use it in pool, did not see anybody in it either. Pocono in January is very cold. The food was Ok. Shows and comedy were good. Drinks do not taste liquor at all, only fruit juice.
There is a wood burning fireplace in room, but log is not included. Same as, there is a heart shaped jet bath in room, but bubble soap is not include. The whole building is nice, but need renovation, especially the lobby carpet, should be replaced. Generally speaking, the stay was nice, might not come back again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this review, February 3, 2012
Thank you for the review annyjiang and thank you for including some photos. We hope you decide to come back to the Land of Love!
Lewiston, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

They have not done anything to upgrade this place in 20 years they charge way much $1000 to stay two nights on the fantasy apple. Yes there is a pool in the room and that's what we went for but the breakfast buffet wasn't even as good as the one we had for free at the spring hill suites in Syracuse yesterday. Comeon. Put coffee makers and a cheap microwave in the rooms for Petes sake
Yesterday we went to a newlywed game. It was cheesy at best. Also for 500 day the could include lunch and drinks. I agree with the other reviews. I just booked the Bahia principe in Jamaica for may and paid 3000 for two for 7 nights which includes flight from
buffalo and 24 hr food and drinks.

Bottom line is this place is not worth more than 300 per night max even for the roman tower in cove haven which I stayed in 13 years ago but couldn't afford it this time. Shame on them for charging so much I wouldn't be complaining if I had only paid that much but. 1000. No way that is too much. Hopefully the dinner tonight is better

• Stayed January 2012
We’re sorry you feel that way debrakay. Keep in mind that your package includes a pool in your suite, breakfast, dinner, activities and nightly entertainment.
Clarks Summit PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

We booked this Cove Haven property even though reading the reviews made me think I might be making a mistake, but when we arrived realized this was going to be a GREAT New years get away!!
Front desk could not have been more accomodating, Security staff was friendly & helful with getting us to the correct building & WOW what a great room, better than expected from the web page!!! We had a lovely round bed, large bathroom, with jacuzzi & pool right down stairs in our suite., Fireplace, sauna, didn't have to leave out love nest. Hotel encouraged breakfast in bed, which was a little disapointing, more like a happy meal breakfast sandwich, with coffee, but got us on our way, to a great day of any thing you might want to do from hiking, great game room with indoor miniture golf, or taking a horse & buggy ride.
Food was good,-- for new years eve party was treated to great steak dinner, but most other nites are buffet, Entertainment was good, liquor is expensive- so bring your own & party in your room., but outstanding 1st rate entertainment & great New Years party, including fireworks!! Don't know what kind of people reviewed this resort, but we thought it was a great all inclusive place & looking forward to spending time away again.

Room Tip: pay the extra money for an upgraded room with a view
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this review, January 24, 2012
Happy to hear you’ll be coming back to the Land of Love. Hope to see you soon!
Bowie, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

We checked in on Jan. 13th for a two night stay. Due to some of the bad reviews, I was expecting the worst but it turned out to be the BEST weekend that me and my boyfriend have had in years. We went with another couple and were upgraded to the Champagne Towers which was quite a treat. I was a little disappointed that there was no snow but there was enough man made snow to go snowmobiling. The entertainment for Friday and Saturday night was fun, sexy and hillarious! I've told several of my friends about our weekend and they are all trying to go with us the next time we go. Thanks POCONO PALACE for the wonderful weekend.

Room Tip: Make sure you buy the firelogs and bubblebath to enhance the experience.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the review dcpvacation!
Aberdeen, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

Check in about 4:30 pm on January 14 ... got the Cleopatra room.. heart shaped pool...Now this room I really liked... the pool was on your left .. incased in a window .. the living room with a couch, lamp ( needs more light in there) two end tables and one big coffee table... and a fire place... and the stem to the champagne glass tub..than you walk up 3 steps to get to the pool... the pool area was clean..{ the only problem was the safety light over the massage table stays on ....even at night} while in the pool area you walk down like 4 or 5 steps to get to the massage table and the steam room...which was not used .. when you come out of the pool area you walk up stairs probably about 8 steps to the bedroom.. stars on the cieling...over the whole room.. and the champage tub [neat at night] there is a full bathroom with 2 sinks and a big counter top...shower for two...nice room... clean...The resort is very large... the food was good... dinner on Saturday{ strip night - steaks}... breakfast and dinner on Sunday(buffet).. but when it came to breakfast in bed ... dont do it... its a sandwhich and a small bowl of cereal{which they got wrong} and if you are a big eater like my 2 friends- this is not gonna do it..

They have scheduled entertainment basically all day like.. newlywed game-not so, trivia, or jackpot bingo (which I won 110.00) or even horse racing-( fake though)... at night you have both... dj and comedian or a band and comedian...which most are good...We saw Angel Salazar... Sheck it out....he was good..During the day on Sunday and Monday...The staff is always around to help and assist you..My husband and I was looking for the Winter dog... which was very hard... the clues are too hard... but gave it a good try...I will get you my Winter dog... some day... some how... but I will get you...

Room Tip: Make sure you bring sodas, drinks and what have you... has refridgerator but no microwave.. The dri...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for the review! Very happy to hear you’ll be coming back!
Central PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

1/15/2012 - Stayed at the resort one night for our anniversary. Overall a nice time, but this place charges way too much for their rooms. First off, we were charged $370 for the room, included dinner and breakfast and the comedy show on Saturday night.

Upon arrival, the layout of the place is very nice. The lobby is comparable to higher end hotels and thats where it stopped. We were given a "Fairway" room which looked really nice online, but when we got to it, it was a huge dissappointment. The room is comparable to a Motel 6 room with a round bed. The TV was circa late 80's maybe a 19" screen and a built in VCR player so you know its ancient. The in room fridge is equivalent to a dorm fridge you get in college. The shower for two is nothing more than an oversized shower with tile floors and it took nearly 6 minutes to get hot water to come out of the shower head. The bathroom is also not heated and we found out the hard way not to keep the bathroom door closed or you will literally freeze your butt off when you go in in the morning. The heart shaped tub was a nice touch, but again, took forever to get the water hot. All in all, the rooms are nothing like what they advertise in their photos. For those of you who have been to Vegas, the best comaparison would be a Freemont Street hotel like the plaze.

The Strip Night dinner was OK. The food was decent however, when I got my Crab Bisque soup it was cold, as was the soup of the lady at the table next to us. We sent it back for a quick microwave job and it was OK after that. I would estimate if we went out for a similar dinner at a restraunt, it would have run around $60 with a tip.

Now, the one thing I can say was well done was the Comedy show. They had 4 really good comedians that dia a 2 hour show and it was very funny. Again, a comparable show would run you about $20 to $30 a ticket in Vegas or a comedy club.

The in between activities (games) they had for couples were entertaining and the staff does go out of their way to make you happy.

My biggest issue outside of the room was the drink prices. For what I paid for a sub par room, you would think the drinks would be on the reasonable side. A bourbon and coke and a fruity drink for the wife ran $14.50. In our opinion, for $370 you would think they would include 1 drink per person with dinner and 1 drink per person with the comedy show.

So if you add it all up against comparable places, $60 for dinner $60 for a show, the room and gratuities (which are included) ran us $270 which was way over priced for the quality of the rooms.

Overall we had a good experience but were very dissappointed in the room, drink prices, and what you actually recieved for what you were charged. There are far more inexpensive options for the same price. If a couple of drinks with dinner and the show were included with dinner, and the over all cost around $250 we would rate it higher.

If prices came down or we were offered a deal, we might consider going back but other than that, probably will look elsewhere

Room Tip: Go to Mt. Airy casino instead
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this review, January 17, 2012
Happy anniversary ejeffre. We hope you do decide to visit us again- I think you would love the Champagne Tower suite.

Travelers are raving about these Marshalls Creek hotels

Been to Pocono Palace Resort? Share your experiences!