“Average food but a really nice atmosphere” 3 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Alaska Pete's is a local favorite restaurant. We specialize in a great dining atmosphere, service and above all excellent food quality. Serving lunch and dinner, we are a casual and highly recommended restaurant. Full bar service, lots of televisions at the bar area to see your favorite sports.
Hempstead, New York
“Average food but a really nice atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

We had a $75 gift certificate from Shawnee to visit this place. The food was average but good except for dessert which was less than average. Overall the atmosphere was nice and the waitress was really nice.

Visited August 2014

“Food OK/Prices a Bit High”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I thought that the food was just OK given. I had the ribs and steak combo. The ribs were average and the steak was a bit thin. Most of the people that went with us had the same reaction with their dinners, not great, but ok. Onion soup was a bit weak, but had an OK taste. Prices seemed a bit high for what you got.

Visited August 2014
Newport News, Virginia
“Interesting decor but slow service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

We had lunch here and maybe we were early but the service was very slow.
The decor was very interesting and there was a large number of things to look at while you waited for your food. It was very clean and well looked after.
The food was average and the quantity was just average. I had the bacon burger and it was cooked perfect but on the greasy side. My bottom bun was soggy from the grease. I would give it another try but have something else. My wife's meal was enjoyable but here fries were cold.

Visited July 2014
New York
“Disappointing!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Our family of 4 "tourists" landed here for dinner after seeing the menu in a local magazine. While the menu seemed appealing & broad, 2 meals were medicore & 2 were horrible. Although the restaurant was un-crowded when we visited, our service was very slow. -- Overall, a very, VERY disappointing dining experience.

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Arlington, Virginia
“Good Place to Eat Near Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Found out about this place because of all the signs near the hotel we stayed at. Finally decided to give it a try and we were happy we did. I ordered the half rack of baby back ribs and my boyfriend ordered the steak and ribs. Delicious! Even though I was full, I had to finish my ribs because they were so good! If it's a nice day/evening, definitely sit outside. It's much quieter.

• Visited July 2014