“Great hotel, beautiful, but get an inside room!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Mars
Novi, Michigan
“Great hotel, beautiful, but get an inside room!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

This is a beautiful hotel with a huge atrium when you walk in the front doors. It is decorated very nicely and the front desk staff was very helpful. We were staying for a night as we passed through Pennsylvania on our way to Virginia with kids in tow. The service was great, but the only downfall was the noisy room. We had a room that faced the main road, and we heard traffic ALL night long. We were shocked at how loud it was. At one point we called the front desk to make sure we didn't have the window closed wrong, but they even told us it was just the location of the room. To their credit, they offered to move us, but it was too late and we were already settled. We would stay there again, but next time we would definitely request a room overlooking the Atrium. The restaurant was great for breakfast in the atrium. There was another restaurant open in the evening where we could see the businesspeople hanging out. So overall a very nice hotel, just ask for an inside room!

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the Atrium!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Kevin K, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Pittsburgh North, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear Jen851,

Thanks so much for your review. We're so glad you had a great stay with us and enjoyed our amenities. We appreciate your feedback regarding the noisiness of the room and will certainly review how we can mitigate that for our future guests.

We hope to see you again soon. Take care!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Jamestown, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Room looked like new. It was spacious and very clean. The public areas also were very clean. On the downside, the exterior of the building is showing a bit of wear and tear. The volcanic rock façade was missing many pieces. Also there was some trash, probably from renovation, near the main entrance. We ate at the Legends and had very tasty sandwiches that were priced reasonably. There are also many restaurants nearby.
Will probably stay there again.
Better have a GPS or a good navigator to get here from the north, especially during heavy traffic times.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Stayed here many times over the last 5 years and it has really changed for the better!

Rooms are being updated to the Four Points new look. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Note that this is a follow-up review to the one I posted a while back with a misunderstanding. At that time the shower drain was not functioning. This time, there were no problems at all! Thanks, Four Points, Mars PA!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Kevin K, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Pittsburgh North, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Dear James K,

Thanks so much for your review. We're so pleased you have continued to enjoy our hotel over the years. We are continuing to refresh our hotel so please come back and enjoy our property again and again.
Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

This Four Points is an aging hotel that is trying to upgrade.

On the positive side, service was universally friendly, from front desk employees to wait staff to room service. Rooms are being renovated and overall are nice, although one of the two full-sized beds in my room was saggy and creaky, and the toilet made weird noises. There are standard room amenities: coffee maker, iron/ironing board, safe, flat-screen TV. Like other reviewers, I agree that a mini-fridge would be a welcome addition. Internet was included in the room rate and worked fine.
I like the hotel’s focus on being green: for each day you voluntarily skip housecleaning, you get a $5 off coupon for their restaurants or additional SPG points. Since I elected to “go green,” I cannot comment on housecleaning.
The breakfast buffet is standard American fare – eggs, bacon, sausage, fruit, cereal, bagels, etc.
The hotel is easy to find off the highway and near several franchise restaurants.

Negatives
- The age of this building shows, especially in the common areas, creaky elevator and outdated conference room décor.
- I could hear my neighbors in the adjoining room; walls are kinda thin.
- The fitness center needs to be at the top of the renovation list. There are 2 treadmills that clearly had the previous users’ sweat on them, one old recumbent bike, rusting free weights plus a weightlifting system that takes up most of the small room. IMHO, the gym is way too small for a hotel of this size and needs wipes or at least cleaning spray and a rag left for guests to clean equipment after use. There is a pool which we didn’t use.

Overall if you can get a good rate that includes breakfast and internet service, the hotel is a good price.

Room Tip: Although I did not have a room facing the atrium, they looked very nice and had balconies, unlike my...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
fort wayne, in
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

I got a great discount on Priceline. Saved about 50%. Wonderful area, close to shopping and I-79 to downtown Pgh. 20 minute drive. Take a gps for sure. Pittsburgh is extremely difficult to navigate if you don't know it. Room service is really inexpensive here, a full service breakfast for two for $20.00. Life guard on duty in the pool. Very clean and inviting. Staff here were very helpful, polite and attentive. Nice workout facility too.

Room Tip: The king rooms are the best.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Kevin K, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Pittsburgh North, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Dear plrbear2231,

Thank for you for review. We're happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay, and found our location to be ideal. We also have many promotions and packages on our website as well.

We hope to see you again soon. Take care!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

The rooms were very comfy and clean, however the help was very rude. We tried to get some lunch on the first day and we're told we could not be accommodated because the server already had a party of 60. We were with a couple who booked through Expedia and they were looked down on and we're not given breakfast coupons. The rooms were the best thing about the stay except they need a refridgerator.

• Stayed March 2014
Latrobe, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

I've been to the Four Points by Sheraton twice: once for a wedding and most recently for a Rotary conference. Both times I found the property, staff and accommodations to be very pleasing. The hotel is in the midst of some renovations, but you'd never know it. The main lobby is impressive. I've had the pleasure of enjoying several meals during my stays. The food is good- not spectacular, but very fine quality, considering the large number of diners these events hosted.

The staff was really friendly, much more helpful than most other hotels I've visited. I was somewhat perplexed by the high-end jewelry retail store located in the lobby, but I suppose this hotel's clientele will enjoy its convenience.

The hotel bar was satisfactory. It took the bar tenders a while to serve drinks, which was surprising considering there weren't that many patrons- maybe 2 dozen dotted around the room. Prices for drinks was reasonable though.

I thoroughly enjoyed our accommodations. The bed was clean, fully and comfy. Plenty of extra pillows, towels, tea and coffee. I'm assuming that the hotel bar/restaurant and room service negated the need to include a microwave or fridge in the rooms leaving extra space to stretch out after a long day of traveling and meetings. The huge mirror in the bathroom was one of my favorite features. Plenty of local and cable channels occupied my time between meetings and during down times, although I preferred to sit in the main lobby, which my room overlooked, and people watch, read magazines, check email or watch tv.

I've thoroughly enjoyed myself both visits to this hotel. It is conveniently located off the PA turnpike (Cranberry exit), I-79 and Rte 19. Plentiful shopping centers and restaurants are nearby as well as the Grove City Outlets which are only about 20 minutes away off of I-79.

Room Tip: Some rooms have balconies overlooking the main lobby. Avoid rooms overlooking I-79. I've heard s...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Pittsburgh North? Share your experiences!