“Good food, Great service” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 35 Restaurants in Mars
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Good food, Great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Decided to give Yama Sushi a try for father's day lunch. We had a late start to the day, and ended up getting to the restaurant at about 1:30. We were surprised to find that we were the only customers there. We hesitantly decided to stay. Glad we did, because we would have otherwise missed out on a good meal. Our waiter was very nice and helpful and took the time to explain some of the dishes on the menu. He was patient with the kids and service was very good. An extensive lunch menu meant that there was plenty of choices for everyone. I decided to go with a combination sushi plate, while the rest of the family got various bento box combinations. The food was very good, and serving portions generous. It was given a double thumbs up by both kids (11 and 14) - so we will be eating there again. Recommended.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“good lunch, pretty cheap”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

I had a chicken teryiaki bento box and it was filling! I couldn't finish my california roll because I saved the best for last. I got a nice size piece of chicken, and a lump of white rice. The fried seafood ball was great. Im not sure the name but you get 2 of them, very good. I'd definitely go back for lunch!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mars, Pennsylvania, USA
“Decent”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Not expecting exceptional sushi in Mars, PA... and got what I expected. Fish is good, not great, but good. Rolls are tasty and creative, but once again, not great.

Visited December 2013

Been to Yama Sushi? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Yama Sushi, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.