“Things Have Changed” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Pittsburgh - Cranberry

You added Motel 6 Pittsburgh - Cranberry to your Saves list
Motel 6 Pittsburgh - Cranberry
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   19025 Perry Highway, I-79 Exit #76 North, #78 South, Mars, PA 16046   |
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Mars
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Things Have Changed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

I used to stay here all the time with very few issues. Since then new ownership has taken over. While I must say they have remodeled and made some nice improvements in the last year or so, the cleanliness of this location has gone downhill drastically. The first room I had on this stay...the bedspread had nasty stains all over it, and it looked like nobody even tried to clean the sink or shower areas as there was dirt crusted in shower and sink w/ toothpaste stuck on the faucet. I mentioned it to the front desk and then I was moved to a second room nearby, It was better, but it was still obvious nobody cleaned the shower or sink/counter areas. They also need to start replacing the towels more often because they were ragged. Staff was nice and helpful to me as they have always been, but the cleaning people need to stop doing a better job with rooms.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

My door would not lock, there were no other rooms and the place was littered with what seemed like criminal types drinking and smoking illegal substances and partying all over the property on a rainy Thursday night. It is NOT safe to stay here and I actually fled my room and ran to my car, locked the doors and forfeited a refund for my own safety. I travel alone frequently and safety is a huge concern. This property is Not safe for anyone.

Room Tip: Avoid at all costs!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Brisbane, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

My wife and I had a 6 week vacation driving through 12 US states in Oct and Nov this year.

After a long day's drive, we decided to check into the Motel 6 at Cranberry-Mars (Pittsburgh PA); having had good experiences with Motel 6s along our journey.

Being a Motel 6, we knew what to expect - a basic, unpretentious, roof-over-the-head place to sleep. However we presumed that all Motel 6s are the same, simply because they belong to the said chain.

However our experience with this particular Motel 6 shows that they vary considerably and a guest's experience, good or bad, can also differ significantly.

This Motel 6 had rude, curt and unwelcoming reception staff. Unfriendly and businesslike. The woman who checked me in was rude and kept interrupting me. Additionally she kept going to the phone and ringing others, in the midst of checking-in and when I am in mid-sentence.

The room was old and obviously not well maintained. It was dirty and the linen and towels were, shall we say, well beyond their better days. Without any exaggeration, they were the worst linen and towels I have ever come across in any hotel/motel including many stays at other Motels 6, Super 8s, Days Inns and the like.

Furthermore this Motel 6 had lots of truckies. We did not realize this until we had checked-in. The trucks were out at the back of the property. I have absolutely nothing against our valued truckies, but all night long, trucks were either pulling in or out and hence we had a very poor nights sleep. This made driving the next day a chore.

If all that was not bad enough, the place is straddled by two interstates plus a highway.

I think it is fair to say that I would rather sleep in my car than stay at this Motel 6 again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Pittsburgh - Cranberry, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear Skis-Gitz, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We sincerely apologize
for your unpleasant stay. Please kindly contact our Guest Relations department so they
can have a record of your experience to help us provide you and our other guests with
better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I'm not sure why my last review couldn't be posted, so I'll just let my photo's do all the talking about the room #246. My room was on the lower ground floor. All photo's where taken by me.
If I wasn't dead tired after driving 20 hours and not alone I would of left or if I would of had my wife along.

Room Tip: All room may be the same so enjoy your stay.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Pittsburgh - Cranberry, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear zoey2560,
Thank you for posting your review. We apologize for the unpleasant stay you experienced as a result of the cleanliness issues and room conditions you encountered. The issues you experienced are not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality, and we encourage you to contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you and other guests with better service in the future.: 1-800-577-3435.
Buffalo, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I made reservations for two rooms October 2013. Received my confirmation email and was all set to go. We were traveling from NY to PA. Two days before hand I kept receiving phone calls checking to make sure I was going to still be arriving in town for our rooms. I had told the manager that half of my party would be arriving a few hours before me and gave them permission to check into the rooms (209 and 210).

They arrived and phoned me telling me that the manager refused to let them check in, even though I gave permission and my ID and credit card are on file. He informed them that if they wanted to go into the room before I arrived, that they would need to pay in cash. Once I arrived- a nightmare broke loose so to speak.

The man working behind the counter would not even answer my questions until I provided my ID and credit card. He ran my card before the paper work and became VERY angry that I was questioning what was happening. Once my card was ran he informed me that they gave our rooms away and took the liberty of giving us two rooms- opposite sides of the hotel with one bed per room. We reserved two smoking double bed rooms and received the complete opposite.

Unhappy with the situation, I calmly disputed what was happening. He became even angrier and informed me that this was all they had and they would give us an extra pillow and blanket. The LAST they had in the entire motel.

Unsatisfied and annoyed, late into the night, we decided to just stay since all other rooms were booked in surrounding hotels.

Room 210 and 246 is what we were given. 210 needed to have a line backer run full force into the door to open it. Inside smelled of stale cigarettes, filth. The bed was stained with urine and adult fluids. The bathroom was so disgusting, we decided to just go get a refund and leave. Sleeping in our vehicles would be better than what was in this room.

Upon returning to the front desk, the man was EXTREMELY rude and we were informed that there was nothing he could do since housekeeping is not in. Angry and tired, the man finally agreed to refund me for the one room. Once refunded he informed me that I would be charged extra since all of my friends had to sleep in one room. I refused and he told me that he was done and we walked out.

On the way to our "room" (246) we noticed strange men lingering around the hotel, filthy building conditions and decaying staircases. We had to once again "line backer" open our door to discover a semen stained bed, 2" of dust and debris on the floor. The bathroom had A BLOOD CLOT stuck to the side of the toilet and urine all over it including the dried puddle on the floor. Open bars of soap and a three inch gap on the room door to the outside.

When morning came and we could see in the daylight- we were MORTIFIED. It was so much worse in the light. Dirt, body fluids, HUMAN TOES NAILS, more urine LARGE bugs ect. We decided to leave asap and never look back.

The woman at the front desk refused to listen to the complaints about what happened with our reservations and the unsympathetic keeper the night before. She called the manager who informed her to tell us we are SOL and hung the phone up on her. The woman then ignored us and when we asked if she would stay in those conditions, she replied with "No, never". When we informed her that we DID and paid for it, she became angry and went on to take another customer, who was there to complain for the EXACT same reasons.

This is honestly, the WORST hotel any of us have EVER stayed at and urge you to go elsewhere. I have called corporate but doubt anything will come of it. Even with photo evidence of this place. Please do yourself a favor and avoid this nightmare and the headache that comes with it..

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Rooms were not clean - stains on the carpet, what looked to be mold on the wall, stains on the comforters, the few towels that were provided were dirty and stained.
The customer service was horrible.
Please do yourself a favor and do not stay here.

• Stayed August 2013
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Pittsburgh - Cranberry, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Dear Chris C - We sincerely apologize for the unpleasant stay you had as a result of the cleanliness, service and room conditions you encountered. These issues are not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality. We kindly encourage you to contact our guest relations department via telephone so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you and all our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

We stayed here for one night on our way from D.C. to Ohio. We did not have a reservation for the night because we weren't sure how far we would get during the drive that evening. Our first choice hotel in Cranberry Township was sold out, so we went for the least expensive option - the Motel 6.

The hotel room was simple and clean. No frills (nor would I expect them for the price). Check in was easy and efficiency. Exactly what I expect from Motel 6 (and other hotels at this price point).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Motel 6 Pittsburgh - Cranberry? Share your experiences!