“Great Treatment!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Treatment!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

My wife and I stayed two nights on way to Philly for business. Great location, did Gettysbury one day and Amish Country the other. Pam and Dallas took care of our needs, the old house was full of character, clean and very charming. It also gave you the "you live here" feeling unlike some where you're afraid to touch anything! Most of all, the hosts are warm and the breakfast delicious and "not all gussied up" if you know what I mean! We recommend Hiestand to anyone who enjoys good, down to earth, treatment!
A very pleased couple of N. Georgians!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

This B&B is in a beautiful Victorian mansion in a picturesque setting. We stayed overnight on our way from Ottawa to Norfolk, Virginia, and found it perfect for our purpose. Pam and Dallas were great hosts, very friendly, and with lots of suggestions for meals & things to do. We had a very good cajun dinner at a restaurant they recommended. The breakfast was excellent, served in the main dining room.

We will certainly try to stay there in our next trip to Norfolk.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Hudson, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

My wife and I needed a place to stay while visiting a friend in Mount Joy, PA. The B.F. Hiestand House, in Marietta, PA, was the perfect location being only a few miles from our friends apartment. Pam and Dallas Fritz are a wonderful couple that made us feel right at home. The house is beautiful. The breakfast was very tasty with good size portions.

Pam and Dallas recommended several restaurants in the area and supplied us with discount coupons. We were not disappointed with their suggested eateries.

We feel very comfortable recommending this B & B to friends and family and will, certainly, plan on staying there on our next visit to PA.

Paul and Linda Ryan

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

We used the B&B in this central location to explore the area. We had a large room with fabulous linens and big bathroom with a very modern shower that could provide a "rain" shower from the ceiling or a steam bath. Guests are greeted by a wonderful labrador retriever. An inviting front porch has two seating areas that we used. Hosts were helpful and spot on with recommendations for area restaurants. Breakfast was lovely and generous. We especially liked how familiar the hosts were with the history of this wonderful old home.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Downingtown, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

My husband and I had a wonderful overnight stay at this comfy, friendly, clean, pretty bed and breakfast. I find it difficult to review B&B's because they are all so diverse and unique. We have stayed in extremely elegant inns as well as B&B's where we were the only guests in a house. So when it comes to comparison, it is hard. The B.F. Hiestand House was lovely. Pam and Dallas, the innkeepers were so friendly and have the knack of making you feel right at home. They are full of info about Lancaster County and are so willing to direct you to fun activities, restaurants, or just give history on the area. We thoroughly enjoyed their conversation. Our room was beautiful, bed extremely comfy, cool rainfall shower, flat screen TV, all the comforts of home! We had a delicious homemade breakfast in the morning that kept us full until dinner. We were greeted by Quincy, a precious, lovable yellow lab and we could easily have taken him home. If you are in the Lancaster area and looking for a B&B that's welcoming, pretty, tastefully decorated, and serves a scrumptious breakfast, try staying here. I have to mention one of the little amenities that I loved--in the bathroom there was a black Turkish towel washcloth for removing makeup. I thought this was such a great idea! The regular towels were beautiful, fluffy, and white and would not go well with mascara!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
New Brunswick, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

My husband and I stayed over at the B.F. Hiestand in June, it was our first B&B experience and we couldn't have loved it more. Pam and Dallas made us feel right at home. They were friendly without being overbearing. Our room was spacious and clean, with amazingly comfortable linens. And don't even get me started on the delicious broiled blueberries that started off our breakfast, yum!

So glad that this was the first B&B experience for us, man did they set the bar high.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

I found this B&B online by reading the reviews... This B&B did not disappoint! My husband and I had such a wonderful weekend staying here. We did not want to leave. The inn keepers Pam and Dallas were amazing! They are so nice and their home is beautiful. We stayed in the Cannon Cottage, the cottage had every amenity you could have asked for in a luxury room! The bed was soooo comfortable and the sheets.... well I bought a set! The bathroom had a huge jetted tub and a shower I hope to one day duplicate in my own home! There are too many items we loved to list them all! Pam your breakfast was to die for! I keep thinking about the blueberry french toast.. YUMMY! We can't wait until our next romantic weekend away when we can stay again. Thank you for making our weekend a special one... Katie and Greg

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to B.F. Hiestand House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!