“Fantastic farm b&b” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Olde Fogie Farm

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Marietta
Olde Fogie Farm
You added Olde Fogie Farm to your Saves list
106 Stackstown Rd., Marietta, PA 17547   |
Washington, DC
“Fantastic farm b&b”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Clean, friendly and relaxed place to stay. Truly wonderful for children - both with animals and a small play house and playground. Hosts are friendly and breakfast was homemade and tasty - with plenty of variety. Perfect place to relax with your family.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
South River, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Traveling out to Lancaster County was a last minute decision, but was I ever grateful that we stumbled upon Olde Fogie's! It was truly a gem. Staying on their farm in and of itself was a refreshing, relaxing way to connect with the beauty of the countryside, but what made the experience so extraordinary was the kindness, hospitality, humor and genuine care that comes so naturally to the Fogies. Optional farm chores were so much fun with Vicki and the other guests - and the breakfast that followed was truly outstanding. Baked apples, organic grainy porridge, sausage and eggs that we ourselves picked from the hen house were bursting with flavor and most of all, the love that Biz pours into everything she makes. Over breakfast, "Old Fogie" Tom regaled everyone with tales of his travels and adventures as a farmer. The guests are special too - we had so much fun sharing the Olde Fogie experience. We left the farm, with two dozen fresh farm eggs, already planning our return!

Room Tip: Chicken coop or hayloft for a family with two (or three small) children. All rooms are cozy however...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
WH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

We've been going to Old Fogie Farm Bed and Breakfast since our daughter was a baby. She is now 16 years old and we are still going! The Old Fogies (Biz and Tom) are wonderful hosts and make us feel right at home everytime we go! The breakfast is always delicious and the swimming pond and scenery at the farm are spectacular!! This is a great place to bring family and friends to relax, enjoy the scenery and enjoy the local attractions. This is truly the best Bed and Breakfast we have ever stayed at!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are great. Garden room and Pig Pen room get breakfast in the morning from Biz and Chicken...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

We haven't had so much fun or felt so welcomed on any other vacation. The hospitality of Biz, Tom and Vicki can't be beat. I really felt like I was staying with family. We arrived late Friday night--and were taken to our room, which was big, clean and quiet. Upon awakening, my kids couldn't wait to get outside to meet the cows, chicken, and goats. Vicki rang the chore bell, my kids had to feed the calf, gather the eggs, feed and milk the goat, and check on the barn cats. They almost didn't want to leave the farm for their breakfast. Breakfast is a family affair--and again we were made to feel right at home. My kids waded in the koi pond later in the afternoon, and helped with some chores again. Beautiful area! Lots of fun--we hope to come back next fall! It's not for everyone, but it was sure for us!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

This was my second trip to the farm that is lovingly tended to by Biz and her Husband Tom and their daughter Vicki. Last year and this year I stayed in the Hayloft and got a great nights sleep!
I was with my husband and 6 year old daughter...( who was the one who begged to go back again this year). As other have reported, the highlight for the kids is the morning chores... they oiled a pg, feed the cows and horse, gathered eggs from the chicken coop, bottle fed a calf... and more. It is messy so bring the proper rain boots or shoes that can get muddy. In the hayloft, no breakfast is included, so you make your own... we used the fresh eggs that we had gathered that morning! The bathtub is a claw-foot, and no shower... again fine with us... my daughter really enjoyed the deep tub! The farm itself has many animals and a lovely little playhouse that my daughter pretended was her " cafe" she was in there everyday... we stayed 4 nights. There is also a lovely little rustic playground.. good for kids, by a stream.. near there you will find a pind with fish that can be fed.. all activities the children LOVE. There are lots of stairs up to the Hayloft, so keep that in mind. The furnishings are very country style and old fashioned, TV is small... no wireless internet either. Personally, I think these are all pluses. I went to bed earlier than I would have surfing the net! The price is reasonable and the hosts Biz and Tom are darling folks. PLEASE stay with your children and do not let them run wild or unattended at the farm ( yep, people actually do that!) The animals and farm itself need to be treated with respect..... I can tell you before we left my daughter was already begging me for
"next year".

Pensacola, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

My friend found this B&B and we went specifically so her kids could get the "farm experience." It was wonderful. My mother and I stayed in one room and my friend, her mom, and the kids stayed in another room. The morning chores were the highlight of the trip. We all loved the hands on with the animals. We left the farm during the day and did outings and came back in the evenings. The breakfasts were great and very filling. The "Chicken Coop" bathroom was a little small, but everything was clean and worked. The "Garden Room" had a nice size bathroom, but no kitchen. (We knew in advance from the website, though). Biz and Tom gave us all kinds of suggestions of what to do, where to go, and the best (most scenic) routes to get there. I could not have been happier there and was not ready to leave. I am from Florida and plan to go again.

Room Tip: "Pig Pen"- bath only, no kitchen; "Garden Room"- shower only, no kitchen; "...
Chesapeake, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

First, a disclaimer: If you are looking for a luxury B&B experience this is not the place for you.

I have a 6 year old boy and a 3 year old girl and this was most definitely the best vacation we have taken. We traveled to PA with my mom and some family friends. Our party stayed in the Chicken Coop (a suite) and the Garden Room. The website clearly states that breakfast is not included in the suites however Mrs. Biz told us that if there was room in the main kitchen she would be happy to have us eat as well. We were able to have breakfast each day (we were there for 3 days). Each breakfast was better than the last. The kids were counting the seconds until 8 am to go and do their farm chores which included bottle feeding a calf, brushing the horse, feeding the cows, horse and pigs, collecting eggs and even oiling the pigs one morning! Ms. Vickie led is through our chores and though she is quiet she was sweet, calm and patient and allowed the kids to do things on their own. My son now plans to be a farmer and my daughter a "farmer princess"! We saw many sights in Amish country during the day and were back at the farm at night to get ready for chores the next morning. Our room was rustic to say the least but very clean and comfortable. Biz and Tom were warm and friendly and by the end of our trip I felt like we had made some great friends. The communal feel of the farm made us feel welcome and we loved spending time with the other guests. My son cried when we left. If you like to get dirty and be outdoors this is the place for you, we are already planning next year's trip!

Room Tip: Hayloft suite has a more modern kitchen and larger bathroom but no shower. Chicken Coop suite has a...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Olde Fogie Farm? Share your experiences!