“Nice place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Mansfield
Williamsport
“Nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011 via mobile

Been staying here for 28 days. Very clean, staff is nice and courteous. Rooms have a micro and fridge but no freezer or stove top. Makes eating out a lot if your here for a while. I think it's a bit expensive to there is nothing in Mansfield area the gas industry has drove the prices up.

• Stayed October 2010

132 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

I would never book online again for Microtel. As you know if you're looking at Mansfield, there are few options for staying there. Knowing this and knowing also from people from the area that pipeline workers take most of the rooms in Mansfield, we booked online 2 months in advance to ensure that we would have a place to stay for what was to be a large baseball tournament at the University. Unfortunately, apparently not enough teams registered for the tournament & it was cancelled 2 weeks before. I promptly called to cancel my reservation and was told they would be happy to cancel my room but could not refund my $ due to booking online in advance. I asked to have a credit to be used at another time since we now had to travel to another area of PA for a tournament that weekend. I was denied. I then asked for them to transfer registration to hotel where we had to go now and also denied. So in the end, I paid for 2 hotels hours apart, stayed in one room and they were able to resell the room and in essence got paid twice for 1 room! NEVER book online in advance. I now know to make all reservations via phone and we will never use this hotel company nor will I use any of their hotels for the many travel arrangements I do for business.

Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Sandi S, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Mansfield, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for the insight with online booking. Calling the hotel anytime you travel is always a good idea. What you experienced is true with many online companies. I apologize for the inconvenience and hope to see you again next time you are in our area. Please feel free to call us directly or book on line directly with Wyndham or Microtel.
Niagara Falls, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2011

This hotel is a complete rip off. I stayed here during a snowstorm and was shocked at the price of the room for a one night stay in a rural out of the way town with nothing to do.

During a freak snowstorm, I checked into this hotel around 2:30 in the morning after I left my car on a local road after getting stuck in the snow. I couldn’t get enough traction to make it up the monster hill they have built this motel on and was forced to have my car towed until the next morning.

Upon checking in, I thought the maximum I would pay was a $100 for the night. However, after asking for a room I was shown the cost would be $141.69 without tax. If I had my car and needed a place to sleep for the night for any other reason than why I was there, I would have headed off to another place.

The reason this place is charging outrageous sums of money for the rooms is because of the natural gas workers in the area. The workers are from Haliburton and this lousy hotel is getting rich because Haliburton will pay the cost for their employees.

There is nothing to do in this town and it is in the middle of nowhere and I can’t see why anyone in their right mind would pay these ridiculous prices to stay in this motel. This wasn’t a first class hotel; it was just your basic motel. If you are looking for a place to stay that is cheaper don’t even think about staying here.

In the morning I made a comment to the front desk clerk about the cost and she replied that they are full every night. I replied that it is because of Haliburton and asked if she was making more than minimum wage. She just gave me a look, because she knew it was true. The owners of the motel are getting rich and they pay their employees squat.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Lockport
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2011

Very nice hotel. We stayed there while we took our daughter to Mansfield University. I think 2 stars is misleading. No, it's not a fancy full service hotel but it's VERY nice. It's a brand new hotel. The rooms are small, yes, but very clean, and nicely decorated. The beds and pillows were very comfortable and there was a nice, large flat screen tv. The bathroom was very nice and clean and the continental breakfast was much better than I've had at other 2 star hotels. There was a very large selection, buffet style, of fruit, bagels and donuts, english muffins, toast, yogurt, coffee, tea and juices. Also, our room had a nice mini refrigerator and microwave along with a small, one cup coffee maker and a selection of coffee. We will definitely stay here again. One note - the hotel is so new, the street did not show up on our GPS - we would have driven by it (my daughter did!) had we not been watching closely. There is a Dorsett DRIVE just up the road and that is where the GPS wants to take you.

• Stayed January 2011

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Mansfield? Share your experiences!