“On the Lincoln Highway” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lincoln Motor Court

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Manns Choice
Lincoln Motor Court
You added Lincoln Motor Court to your Saves list
5104 Lincoln Highway, Manns Choice, PA 15550   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Manns Choice
Cheswick, Pennsylvania
“On the Lincoln Highway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

My wife & I stayed here a couple years ago & found it to be very nice. The rooms were clean & comfortable. If you are looking for 5 star accomadations you best look elsewhere. But the cabins are nice & cozy & are very much the way things used to be while traveling on the Lincoln Highway.
I much prefer places like this that have real character. Get off the interstates & seek out places like this. You are sure to enjoy it more. Sitting in front of the cabin, you can actually meet the other people who are staying there. Maybe even sit around & chat a little.
I hope places like The Lincoln Motor Court are around for a long time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
West Lawn, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I stayed 1 night at the Lincoln Motor Court. I was driving the Lincoln Highway through western PA before I detoured to Cleveland and I wanted to include this historical place in my itinerary. I originally learned about the Lincoln Motor Court when I saw it on the recently replayed 2008 PBS documentary "Along the Lincoln Highway". I spoke to both Bob and Debbie Altizer on the phone to inquire and then make a reservation. When I arrived, Debbie welcomed me and we chatted a bit more about my trip. She then decided to change my cottage to #4 because she said it had even more of the vintage/nostalgia decoration that I said I loved. It was a neat experience to checkin by ringing a door bell on the owner's cottage and have her appear in a sliding window! They also had many brochures for local attractions so you could learn about other things in the area. (The Jean Bonnet Tavern is a few minutes away and was great for dinner!)

The cottages are 1940's era and have been maintained fairly well. They have glass doorknobs, 1940's light fixtures, colored tile in the bathrooms and period appropriate artwork. Cottage #4 had a vintage clock and vintage magazines. The bed was more comfortable than it appeared it would be. The units have a microwave, small fridge, coffee maker and cable TV (no telephone or internet access). They do not have air conditioning but there is a window fan. They provide soap but you will need to bring your own shampoo and blow dryer. There are cottage guidelines posted inside the cottage, including quiet hours.

This is definitely not for everyone, but if you appreciate nostalgia and the simpler times of yesteryear, then you should definitely take advantage of the originality, history and charm! It was also very inexpensive. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Talk with the owners about the purpose of your travel - they will try to provide you with the most a...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Lemoyne, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

A stay at the Lincoln Motor Court is for those who can forego the modern amenities. Reservations have to be made by phone and don't expect internet service. We had a nice and very clean room if not a spacious one. I loved listening to the crickets as I fell asleep. It took me back to my childhood when I traveled with my parents in the days before the Holiday Inn started to litter the landscape. There is great cable service, a microwave and refrigerator, if you feel you need those amenities, but all we needed was the coffee maker. We had a comfortable sleep in a snug bed and that was the most important thing.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Milton, NH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We had a lovely stay at the Lincoln Motor Court. We arrived late at night and the owners were very accommodating to that request. There were 8 of us traveling so we needed two cottages and they were both very nice, and they were spotlessly clean. The cottages are 1940's cottages and have been maintained in original condition. They have glass doorknobs, 1940's light fixtures, colored tile in the bathrooms and period appropriate artwork. The beds were comfortable and the pillows plentiful. The units did each have a microwave, small fridge, coffee maker and tv. They do not have air conditioning but the fan was running in the window when we arrived. This place may not be for everyone, if your needs are tons of space, brand new carpeting/bathroom fixtures/etc.you might want to try elsewhere but if you like nostalgia,homey and clean then give this place a try, it just might fit the bill. We never got a chance to meet the owners as we arrived late and left early the next morning but they were wonderful on the phone. We would definitely stay at the Lincoln Motor Court again if we are in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

My family's roots are in Bedford and I have been traveling to this area all of my life. This time, however, I thought we would try something completely different, I knew that we were going down uncharted territory when I made my reservation over the phone vs. the internet. The owner was friendly over the phone and just as lovely in person. The room was actually spacious and we were able to pull our car right up to our "porch". It was just what we expected. It was charming and old fashioned and we enjoyed our one night stay. If you enjoy history, I highly recommend that you take a chance on this little gem. Don't expect sparkling new surfaces, remember, you are going back in time, enjoy the journey.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Austin, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

There are very varied reviews of the sweet little Lincoln Court here, and they are all true to some extent. It's a piece of pure nostalgia, lovingly maintained for many years, and I applaud them for preserving the roadside of days gone by. The surroundings could not be more pastoral and beautiful, and the owners were helpful and kind. That said, it's hard to maintain an old property, and we are spoiled by modern amenities. While I feel good about patronizing the LC over a chain motel, I do wish I'd stayed there when I was younger and more adventurous--it's kind of like cabin camping! Personally, I think it would be better if they just kept up the mattresses, curtains, bath tile and replaced the carpets with retro vinyl floor tiles, and skipped offering mini fridges, microwaves and even the cable TV---just make it a total nostalgia experience and keep the rooms clean and simple. I'll be sad when there are no more places like this run by wonderful people.

Room Tip: Cabin 5 gets no wifi.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
cleveland, ohio, u.s.a.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I'd recommend you stay here for a night to experience travel the way it used to be, before the interstates and chain motels took over America. No frills, but no real problems either.

That said, you need to understand that your cabin will probably feel more cramped and look less spiffy than you're used to. Wall-to-wall knotty pine paneling, like my dad and all my friends' dads put in the basement "rec room." A wall-mounted space heater took its good old time but eventually warmed the cabin on a 24 degree night. Here it pays to be patient.

Debbie, who handles reservations and check-in, is friendly and helpful. She warned me that because it was off-season it might take 5-10 minutes for hot water to get to the shower. I thought she was kidding but she assured me she wasn't. I'm glad she pointed this out or I'd have suffered a miserable lukewarm shower. But it eventually got hot, as promised.

The whole place feels homey, for better and for worse. Just like my own house, there are small maintenance items that need work, the carpet could be cleaner, but there's nothing wrong with that. The only "frill" I really missed was a little bottle of shampoo in the bathroom, since I'd forgotten mine. I had to make do with the paper-wrapped bar of soap.

Even though I arrived late, around nine, Debbie recommended the Jean Bonnet tavern about a mile away for a late dinner. I enjoyed my meal there, and in the morning asked Debbie about breakfast in town (Bedford). Her suggestion of the Green Harvest cafe was another winner.

I enjoyed my stay at the Lincoln Motor Court, but know it's not for everyone. If it sounds like your cup of tea, give it a try.

Room Tip: Call in advance and talk to Debbie.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Been to Lincoln Motor Court? Share your experiences!