“Fantastic wine tasting near Hershey Park” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 9 Attractions in Manheim
Type: Wineries, Food & Drink
USA
13 attraction reviews
“Fantastic wine tasting near Hershey Park”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I discovered the vineyards of this region while looking for area activities near Hershey Park. I have visited vineyards in California (Napa Valley), Maryland, Virginia, and Pennsylvania. Waltz Vineyards is among the very best wine tasting experiences. The attentive, knowlegable staff really made the visit special. I recommend the wine tasting paired with samples of gourmet cheeses. After the wine tasting, you will likely want to linger and enjoy a full bottle in the pleasant tasting room.

Visited June 2013

Levittown, NY
4 attraction reviews
“I'd give them a Gold Medal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I vacation in the Lancaster area a couple of times a year, and the one attraction I cannot miss is Waltz Vineyards. My girlfriend and I love to tour wineries in any area we visit and Waltz has the finest wines we have found in Pennsylvania. They truly stand head and shoulders above the local competition.

We have likely been there 5 or 6 times now and we are always greeted by a wonderful host. We were lucky enough our last couple of times to have the owner Kim guide us through our tasting. Kim is knowledgeable and very friendly and always makes us feel special. Her husband Jan invited us last fall to watch him with the de-stemming process and gave us an insider view we had never seen before. His Mom even insisted we have a cup of her homemade soup! She had made it for family friends who were there to help in the harvest. We were treated as if we were old family friends. What a nice family!

The only thing that could match their hospitality is their wine. All their wines are grown on the family vineyard and bottled there. Unlike so many PA wines, their reds are complex and full bodied. These are mature reds you might expect to find in California or Long Island. Their Cherry Tree Merlot and Crow Woods Cabernet stand out especially. On the white side, their Sauvignon Blanc and Fusion are favorites. If you visit on a summer day, I urge you to try the Stiegel Rose.

Some may say their tasting is pricey. It may be slightly higher than other area wineries, but its the best bargain of all. I love the wine and cheese pairing tasting. The artisan cheeses bring out the very best in the wines.

We are coming back to the Lancaster area this fall and I know my first stop will be to Waltz Vineyard. See you Saturday, October 19th Kim!

Visited March 2013
Sinking Spring, Pennsylvania
122 attraction reviews
“Pleasant Surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

My husband and I stopped into here while touring local wineries in the area. We were given two "free" samples of wine to taste. There were about 8 wines to choose from on the list ranging from dry to slightly sweet. The grapes that are used in the wines are grown on the grounds, and the rooms in the back hold the wines in Oak barrels and stainless steel vats that you can see through the windows.
The ladies who staffed the tasting room were very friendly. It's a bit off the beaten path, but a lovely facility and well worth stopping in for a taste.

Visited February 2013
Pennsylvania
24 attraction reviews
“Nice getaway close to home!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Just returned from Waltz Vineyards in Manheim. We only live a few miles away but have never visited. We did visit their shop in Lititz last weekend and enjoyed the wine so we decided to visit the vineyard. It is a nice building and it was a good experience doing the wine tastings. We thought the portions were quite small. We also shared a very small cheese / chocolate plate and thought that was quite skimpy. We really couldn't appreciate the flavor of the local cheeses in the extremely small bites. Overall a nice experience and we hope to go back and bring friends and also enjoy their outside concerts.

Visited January 2013
10 attraction reviews
“Exceptional Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

We stopped by here on our way home from Philadelphia. We were greeted by a really friendly young lady that was very informative about the wines, winery history and the area. I was a little disappointed that there was no dessert wine on the tasting menu, but they had a good selection of whites and reds. My husband really liked the Sav Blanc, and I liked the Merlot. I wanted a glass from this place, and thought $10 was a little pricey, especially since we had to pay for the tasting on top of that. But it was worth the stop, and I got the glass anyway.

Visited October 2012