“Typical Country Inn & Suites Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lancaster Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added Lancaster Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Lancaster Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1475 Lancaster Road, Manheim, PA 17545 (Formerly Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Manheim)   |
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Manheim
Bronx, New York
“Typical Country Inn & Suites Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

Let me Clarify my title. My wife & I have been in many Country Inn & suites, loved them all. This one is no different, nice & clean, staff very efficient & friendly. The hotel was out of the way in the "boonies", both good & bad. Breakfast was good quality. If we weren't relocating, down South, in the fall, would definitely come back.

Room Tip: I recommend a corner type room on the first floor, we had 2 queens, would have preferred a king room...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Left hotel with bites all over. Could not use pool because of the multitude of locals and their kids hanging out at the pool. The hotel itself was good, but I would not stay again because of those pr0oblems. Management did not believe that this was a problem, but I have bites to prove it.

Room Tip: Check for bed bugs.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
ManheimMark, General Manager at Lancaster Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
I am sorry you experienced possible bug bites while you were here in Lancaster County. I would most appreciate you contacting me so I may have the room you stayed in professionally checked. With our hotel being located among the farms of Lancaster County we take a very pro-active approach to bugs of any kind. We use the latest methods available to save-guard us. We have the VCM Products, LLC monitors between every mattress and boxspring and these are checked every time a bed is made. Orkin checks and services our hotel as needed on a monthly basis. With our hotel being in the wide open country of Lancaster County seeing local children is a rarity. While we are always glad to see our hotel full, I can assure you only our guests have the use of our swimming pool. Your contacting me would be most appreciated. Mark Krotulski, CHA General Manager (717) 665-5440
Lumberton, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

This was our third stay at a Country Inn and Suites, and they always deliver a clean, comfortable room that fits my wife, myself, and our 17 year old son perfectly. We get the suite so he can watch TV and text to his hearts content, and we can watch what we want and go to sleep when we want. This hotel had an outdoor pool which I did not have time to use, but it was clean and overlooked the fields beyond the hotel.
The rate includes breakfast every day. Cereal, pastries, bagels, and a make your own waffle station mean you can get a hot breakfast in a clean setting made fresh, not stored under some heat lamp, or just some donuts and danish sitting on a tray.
The hotel is out in the middle of nowhere, but there are stores within 10 minutes, and you can get to the tourist destinations in Lancaster County within 30 minutes. The distance away was good for a 10-15% discount over rates at the closer hotels, and that was certainly worth it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Front Royal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012 via mobile

Very clean, modern rooms. Hotel totally smoke-free,which is great. Convenient location to Manheim Auto Auction,great truck parking, and located next to a nice restaurant with good food and excellent service. Bed very comfortable, room quiet. Only complaint is cheap shower head that gave poor flow of water. Nice touches in lobby of fresh-baked cookies, coffee and teas. Will stay here again!

• Stayed March 2012
Morgantown, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

This is a GREAT place to stay. EXTREMELY Clean and the folks there are Very Friendly. Breakfast was pretty good with a larger selection than most other hotels. Check in was very easy the the lady who checked me in on my stay was very informative about the area. I will stay here again in the future.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Paramus, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

My partner and I stayed here earlier this year while we were in the area visiting family. We initially booked a room classified a "suite." We quickly realized that this "suite" was little more than a regular size room with a wall built to separate the bedroom area and the rest of the room. When we realized this the staff was very helpful in fulfilling our request to change our room. We then switched to a room that was not a suite, which was the same size as the "suite", but seemed much large due to the fact there was not a wall dividing the space in half.

Room Tip: Forgo the suite and stay in a regular room. Request a room at the back of the hotel so that you can...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
binghamton new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

For the money this was a very nice stay. Rooms were clean, staff was friendly and the breakfast was pretty good. There are many restaurants on the parkway that this hotel resides on. The only thing I could complain about was the children (which is not the hotels fault). There are a lot of kids in this place and it probably has to do with the amusement park across the street. Normally kids don't bother me but when your neighbor let's their kid run up and down the hall past your door yelling and screaming at 11pm then kids do bother me.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Lancaster Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!