“Great Place for Families” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Airy Hill Farm B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manheim
Airy Hill Farm B&B
You added Airy Hill Farm B&B to your Saves list
1741 Airy Hill Road, Manheim, PA 17545   |
Ranked #1 of 14 Manheim B&B and Inns
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great Place for Families”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

My husband and I haved stayed at many B&Bs in the past but this was our first time staying at one with our girls. It was great! The food was really good and plentiful. The rooms were very confortable and spacious. The owners are down to earth and have a lot of information on the surrounding area. There is a ton of room outside for kids to run around and play with the animals. Our daughters are 10 and 12. Our 12 year old was a little old for the animal tour but our 10 year old loved it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Aliquippa, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

First time at this B & B and it was by far, the best one my husband and I ever stayed at and we have stayed at quite a few. The innkeepers were very friendly and we missed them as we were driving away to head back home. The breakfasts were so yummy, I am still making baked oatmeal from the recipe booklet. Beautiful property and cute animals. We plan on going back the end of next summer and will probably stay here from now on when we are in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Columbia, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

My husband and I bid on a two-day stay at Airy Hill Farm during an auction at the church of one of Hazel and Mark's daughters. Fortunately, we won! We live in Maryland, but were very familiar with Lancaster County because Sue's mother grew up there and we both went to Millersville State College. We decided to go to the B&B during a weekend in mid-October. Our room was lovely and so comfortable, and the food was plentiful and delicious. Water, coffee and tea, as well as snacks, were available all day long. Refrigerator space was available if we had anything to keep cold, and complimentary sodas were provided. We loved the animals; we even had the rare opportunity to see a calf being born. But we think Hazel and Mark are the real draw to this B&B. They are both so warm and friendly, making us immediately feel right at home. They were genuinely interested in us as people, not just paying customers. They gave us suggestions for what to see and do in the area, providing maps and brochures. We will certainly recommend this B&B to friends and family, and know we will return someday.

Room Tip: All the rooms were wonderful - we loved the Garden Room!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Stayed at Airy HIll Farm B&B for one night in mid-July 2012 with my 2 girls age 7 and 10. During summer vacation, we were making our way from Texas to Michigan down to South Carolina and made a pit stop in Lancaster County.

Upon arrial, we were greeted by Hazel who made us feel at home right from the start. Hazels' hospitality seemed genuine. Within hours, I felt like I had known her all of my life... similar to maybe the mom of a close friend. The entire stay felt very warm and comforting. Don't get me wrong, Hazel gives you your space and privacy. But, I never felt like I was imposing or I was just another customer.
We stayed in the Harvest Room which has its own door to access the outside which was nice to have ease of access coming and going. The house itself is VERY CLEAN! And there are no strange odors. The decor is updated and clutter free. There is a fridge for guests to use that also has complimentary sodas and water.

Breakfast is served family style in the main room. There is enough variety of everything you can imagine that you will not go hungry for the day! Guests with gluten intolerance and vegetarians were accommodated with ease. All that was offered was hot, fresh, home- cooked and delicious.

Hazel's other half- Mark... this man is the most patient man! Mark is an outgoing friendly host who makes certain the children enjoy his farm. From collecting eggs in the morning to walking the Alpacas on leads, Mark assisted the children all while being kind, patient, and engaging. I really appreciate him treating my girls as if they could be his own grandchildren.

All in all, I loved our stay at AH B&B. My girls will always remember chasing fireflies in the lawn and finally catching one after Hazel kept encouraging them! One night is not enough, but it was enough to know that I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this B&B to anyone!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

My two grandchildren ages 6 and 8 and I just got back from Airy Hill Farm B&B. The kids can't stop talking about it. They've had very little experience around farm animals and these were the gentlest, sweetest alpacas, miniature horses, sheep, goat, chickens and bunnies. They got to feed them, walk them and "egg" them! Hazel and Mark are loving, warm hosts and their home is beautiful. They had a camp fire with smores for the kids, and the adults sat around talking while the kids played with two other children, on the large swing set, and hide and seek on large acreage. Hazel's breakfast in the morning was delicious with more food than anyone could finish. 5-star hotel qualifty sheets, chocolates on the bed, clean and comfortable rooms. This was a visit these kids will never forget. They already want to go back!

Room Tip: The owner will assist with the room that is best for you.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

This B&B is simply the best. We have visited Mark and Hazel back in February and after our initial stay decided to rent out the entire house for three days for our family and friends. Our family was very surprised by the welcoming stay and Hazel's cooking is simply the best, period. We enjoyed the stay tremendously and cannot wait to go back sometime in the future.
The atmosphere is very kid friendly with the animals, toys, etc...

Room Tip: Any of the rooms are excellent, but it depends on how many people you have in your party. Some room...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

We stayed at Airy Hill Farm B&B, Lancaster, PA for 4 days in July.The hosts Hazel and Mark were very accommodating in every way to make our visit enjoyable and stress free. Hazel went out of her way to make gluten free recipes for my husband and vegetarian for me. The eggs gathered in the morning from their hens, were soooo fresh. Mark's tour of the farm and animals is a big hit with the kids and adults. If you are looking for a Bed & Breakfast in Lancaster, Airy Hill Farm is highly recommended.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Manheim
BEST WESTERN PLUS Intercourse Village Inn & Suites
Warwick Inn & Suites
Warwick Inn & Suites
#2 of 2 in Lititz
4.0 of 5 stars 40 reviews

Been to Airy Hill Farm B&B? Share your experiences!