Mount Hope Estate & Winery, home of the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 9 things to do in Manheim
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: This winery is also home to a theater group, Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire's Acting Company, which puts on performances regularly.
New York City, New York
“An experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

First time going to a renaissance faire and probably my last time.
It was a nice experience, but a bit expensive- the admission fee. I didnt find that there was much to do aside from spending money on food and even more money on shopping/games.

Bridgeton, New Jersey
19 attraction reviews
“Love It Here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

So much fun. Great shows, funny people, Descent food and yummy wine and beer. Where older shoes as it can be muddy.

Wimberley, Texas
13 attraction reviews
“Loved the Turkey Leg”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Came for the first time, since we had enjoyed the Dickens and the Poe performances in the past.
The elaborate grounds have well laid out shows, shops, and food vendors, Food and drink prices were reasonable. Restrooms were more than adequate. Best of all is the festive atmosphere with the beer, wine and smoked turkey legs, which were hot, meaty, and not too messy to eat while seeing the sights, especially all of the costumed visitors. It can easily be a great time for kids or adults.
Tip: AAA has discounted tickets for $22.

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
8 attraction reviews
“Fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I was impressed with the Faire. It was much nicer than I thought. Having never attended a Renaissance Faire, I really did not know what to expect. The food was OK, there are many vendors. The actors were great! Loved the crafts too. We will definitely go back again, even dress up perhaps? Ha!

Kentucky
7 attraction reviews
“First ever Ren Faire for me and I fell in love!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

This was my very first trip to any Ren Faire. I didn't know what to expect to be honest. We stood in line with a lot of people dressed the same way the cast members were (is that what you call them?).

As soon as we walked into the area, people started talking their parts. It was quite funny. One guy came up to us as we were looking at the map and started talking to us in the funniest voice. My husband couldn't get a word out!

We did figure out that the shows are an integral part of this experience. We watched several, enjoying their adult humor. But don't worry, it's not so dirty that its inappropriate for the kids. But in one of the handouts, there was an x-rated show listed, so just note that if you bring the kiddos.

Sometimes you will catch the cast members performing right in the street, kind of like at Disneyworld. That's fun.

I didn't get to try any of the food, except the ice cream. And most things in the stores are expensive. I kinda wish I would have had elf ears put on, though. :-)

I'll definitely go again next time I'm the area!

Visited September 2012

Travelers who viewed Mount Hope Estate & Winery, home of the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire also viewed

Lititz, Lancaster County
Intercourse, Lancaster County

Columbia, Lancaster County
Lancaster County, PA

Been to Mount Hope Estate & Winery, home of the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Mount Hope Estate & Winery, home of the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.