“Renaissance Faire is a good time! You must try the scotch eggs!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mount Hope Estate & Winery, home of the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire

Mount Hope Estate & Winery, home of the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire
Ranked #1 of 9 attractions in Manheim
Type: Wineries, Amusement/ Theme Parks
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: This winery is also home to a theater group, Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire's Acting Company, which puts on performances regularly.
Western PA
3 attraction reviews
“Renaissance Faire is a good time! You must try the scotch eggs!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

Renaissance Faire! It was my second time there! What a great time, it was fun filled, lots to do and see... parking was easy (in and out). the food was good.
You must try the scotch eggs! YUMMY! Even the kids loved them!

We really had a great time, if we are over that way in fall I will go again!

On the Mount Hope Winery, well… their wine is not to my liking! I am more of a dry red wine person and didn't honestly find anything I liked, but it is all personal preference and taste when it comes to wine and other people in our group did like it! The grounds are really nice and over all had a really good time!

Visited October 2010

Mount Joy, Pennsylvania
28 attraction reviews
“Pickle on a Stick!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

I used to go to the PA renaissance faire as a child, and I was worried that my first trip back in over 10 years would be disappointing - but it lived up to everything I remembered! Tickets were a little pricey, but we were able to get some half price through a website, and lots of rest stops, gas stations, and grocery stores carry discount coupons.

We tried to go to a nearby Wendy's for lunch, but my very outdated GPS led us to the middle of a residential neighborhood. I'm never going to live that one down. So, we decided to eat at the faire, and while we probably spent more than we would have at Wendy's, we were able to get some food from various stands for less than $10 per person. I'm a huge fan of the pickles on a stick (hence the review title) for a dollar or two you get a giant, whole pickle that you pretty much eat like a corn dog. My fiance prefers the Steak on a Stake (your whole day is full of puns), a decent sized slab of beef for lunch or dinner. We also had some fries at one point, and good home-made lemonade.

The shows at the Faire are wonderful - we started at the earlier Tournament Joust - a play mixed with some jousting, fencing, etc. We were mildly amused - but the real show is the Ultimate Joust at the end of the day - there were explosions, fights, etc - very cool.

We saw Don Juan and Miguel, a hysterical and impressive fencing and whip cracking act, a sword swallowing act, and various juggling/stunt shows. Shopping is plentiful, but I don't think we really bought anything. On the way out, we got samples from the Mount Hope Winery, but didn't go in for a tour. That's still on my to-do list.

Great location for families, couples, friends - anyone looking for a day of unusual entertainment!

Visited October 2010
Paoli, Pennsylvania
4 attraction reviews
“Stepping into a different era!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

I absolutely adore going to the PA Renaissance Faire. It's a magical place where you leave your daily stresses/thoughts at the gates and you step into a time where you can have fun. I have been able to leave all my worries behind and just have a good time with all the people I've made friends with.

You really cannot see everything in a day because of the variety of shows you can chose from. Plan to stay from when the gates open to when the gates close. It's what I do and highly recommended.

Start off with "Queen's Court". It'll sent you up for the storyline for the day! Definitely check out the jousts with the Knights of Noble Cause. Amazing tournament joust and ultimate joust, so talented!

It's truly a magical place, and it's fun for ALL ages!!

Visited September 2010
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Family fun for everyone”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2010

A beautiful Oct. day filled with entertainment, great food and delicious beverages, who could ask for anything more? I had family in from California and took them to the Renaissance Faire for a different experience. They had attended a Faire in California that was boring and small and could not believe the huge venue and attention to detail at this event. There was so much to see that we couldn't attend all the shows and events in one day so they are already planning their vacation for next year to coincide with the dates of the Renaissance Faire so they can go again. Fantastic event for young and old alike.

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Overpriced corporate tourist trap...not entirely honest”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2010

I've been to both their flagship Manheim, PA and their Intercourse, PA locations as well as Mazza Vineyards, their parent company. I was more impressed with the flagship store which is located in the historic Mt. Hope mansion. The other store is a barn in the middle of Amish Country and is too tourist-y for my tastes and personally I think they pushed the PA Renaissance Faire a bit too much. While Mt. Hope does have a nice selections of wines, don't be fooled! Mt. Hope is owned by Mazza Vineyards and all of their wines are made by Mazza. However, Mt. Hope "wine stewards" will not acknowledge this, only that "Mazza does our bottling." The manager of the Intercourse store actually got snippy with me. These poor people are forced to lie to their customers. Little did they know, previous to my visits a friend who is employed by Mazza acknowedged that Mazza does indeed own Mt. Hope and makes their wines. My suggestion? Visit one of the numerous local family-owned wineries instead...you'll find this to be a corporate tourist trap full of overpriced merchandise.

Travelers who viewed Mount Hope Estate & Winery, home of the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire also viewed

Lancaster, Lancaster County
Columbia, Lancaster County

Strasburg, Lancaster County
Lancaster, Lancaster County

Been to Mount Hope Estate & Winery, home of the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Mount Hope Estate & Winery, home of the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.

Bookmark for later
Save Saved
You added Mount Hope Estate & Winery, home of the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire to your Saves list