“A Clean, Friendly, Overall Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Earn 2x Points
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Manheim
Certificate of Excellence 2014
LONG ISLAND, NY
“A Clean, Friendly, Overall Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2008

This Hampton Inn is top notch - from the time you check in, until
the time you check out. EVERYONE, whether the day shift or the
night shift always has a smile and is very congenial. They
definitely treat you like family. The rooms are super clean, and
breakfast is always plentiful and enjoyable. The hotel is located
close to all the sites you would want to see around Lancaster
County. We stayed for four days and when we left, it just seemed
like we just arrived. Unfortunatley, on day 3, our car broke down
and had to be repaired. Mr. Tom Bechtold, who was at the front
desk, gave us good advice, for getting help to have the car
towed and we fully appreciated his help. He also told us about
the wonderful cinammon smell in the hotel halls. I would
definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who visits the area.
Some times good people are taken for granted, but the owner
of this hotel has employees who are all DIAMONDS !!!! We will
surely return, to enjoy another stay.

• Liked — Friendly, very clean hotel, with manicured grounds
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Bellingham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2008

Was up at the property recently for a family funeral. I also encountered Gwenda when I checked in, and she was really wonderful. She helped coordinate communications between different members of my family that were arriving at different times. She also, as a previous reviewer mentioned, called to check on how satisfied I was with the room.

The properly was in amazing shape considering it's about 10 years old, and that includes the lobby area and the rooms as well. Really outstanding. Loved the inclusion of the laptop tray in the room though I didn't have mine.

The breakfast buffet was really nice. Food was not unusualy, but everything was stocked and the area really presented everything nicely. They also have 24 hour coffee and tea, and free cookies near the front desk as well.

One of the best stays I've probably had at a hotel, although I have to say their rack rate of $135 a night is very high considering the general location. But if you can get a discounted rate, I absolutely recommend the place..

• Stayed November 2008
Oshkosh, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2008

I booked this hotel for a business trip based on recommendation from a co-worker. Upon arriving, check-in was quick and the front desk clerk, Gwenda, was so nice. She gave me restaurant tips and menus for area restaurants. She also gave me a cheaper rate than I had gotten from my travel agent because the company I work for has a preferred rate at this particular Hampton Inn.

Upon entering my room, I was surprised to see how large it was. Everything was very clean and neat. After being in my room for about 10 minutes, the phone rang. It was Gwenda calling from the front desk. She wanted to know if the room was to my liking. I have to say, in all of the years that I have travelled (both business and pleasure), I have never had anyone call me from the front desk asking how the room was. I was totally impressed.

My room was on the 2nd floor at the end of the hallway, overlooking the outdoor pool. There were people swimming in the pool, yet there was no noise from the pool area heard in my room. The PA Turnpike is also very close to the hotel, yet I never once heard traffic noise. Being at the end of the hall was also very nice as there was no foot traffic going past my room.

The breakfast provided was very nice and had a good selection of cold and hot items. The Hampton Inn also features a brown bag with breakfast "On the Go". I did not take a bag, as it looked huge and I am not a big eater at breakfast, but I bet it would be great if you don't have time to eat at the hotel. The breakfast attendant on duty was very friendly and made sure that all of the food items were stocked at all times.

I have to go back to this area for business in the near future and you can bet that I will be staying at this Hampton Inn.

• Liked — The location, staff, and comfy room
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
Florham Park, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2008

We stayed here for our visit to the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire and we couldn't have been more pleased. First of all the hotel is directly across from the Ren Faire entrance. We simply walked across the street and were there.

The hotel was very clean and very nice. We booked the whirlpool suite and were shocked at the size of the room. It was like a small apartment. The only problem we had, the whirlpool. We used it the first night and noticed it was quite loud. After the next day we returned to find out the whirlpool was taken apart by maintenance due to a problem. Since we couldn't use the whirlpool, the front desk even reduced our room rate.

Breakfast was great selection of hot and cold choices with the hot selection changing each day.

We plan to stay here next year when we come back to the Ren Faire!

• Liked — Location, staff
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2008

We stayed 3 nights at this Hampton Inn. It appears to be fairly new. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. They had a list of restaurants close by. Quintens Tavern was excellent and reasonably priced. The lobby of this hotel was charming, with fireplace, large flat screened TV, and comfortable seating. Coffee, cookies, lemonade and iced water were readily available throughout the day. Breakfast had a nice variety. The business center was great for checking email and more. The hotel is centrally located if you want to visit Hershey and Lancaster. The price is reasonable especially if you compare it to Hershey, which is very overpriced.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2008

Had a great stay at this Hampton Inn in Manheim, PA. We chose this hotel because of its location directly across the street from the Mount Hope Estate and Winery, where the PA Renaissance Faire is held. I booked on the hotel website and got a pretty good AARP discount. Check-in was very easy, and I have to say that everyone we met at the front desk during our weekend stay greeted us with a smile and an offer to assist us. That friendliness really goes a long way in making a hotel stay a good experience. Housekeeping also greeted us with a smile and a good morning. Our room had the new comforters with duvet covers and good pillows. We did not hear any noise from other rooms and the air conditioner worked great.

A continental plus breakfast is offered in the morning. It was not gourmet, but was good to get the day started, the coffee was hot and plentiful, and certainly saved the three of us some money. The coffee, tea and hot chocolate are available all day, and in the afternoon lemonade and warm cookies were available.

I have been very satisfied with the Hampton Inn chain in general lately, and the Manheim hotel in particular was a great experience. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Liked — Friendly Staff
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2008

This hotel is amazing!!! The grounds are beautiful, the staff is wonderful and the hotel looks brand new!!! (It's not, it's nine years old) This is by far the best hotel I have ever experienced!!! Great job Melissa Hoke and staff, keep up the good work!!!

• Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hampton Inn Manheim? Share your experiences!