“Award Winning Manager and her Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn 2x Points
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Manheim
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Award Winning Manager and her Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Just read and saw a negative review on my "home away from home" and I just can't stay quite !! I couldn't disagree more with the negatives as I have spent way too many nights here on business and for way too many years ! The GM Heidi has always been top rate and has ALWAYS been attentive to myself as well as our entire group. The negatives on the people are ridicules. The entire staff here including Heidi, Donnie, Noreen, Casey and the rest have always made us feel right at home. They have been helpful, professional, but mostly care about doing the right thing for us the customer and not just because it's a job. You can tell this hotel takes great pride with the positive atmosphere that's demonstrated from the time you walk in the door to the time you leave. That's a Manager at their best. I wouldn't stay anyplace else and now it even looks better after being remodeled. Traveling for as many years and places as I have I'm always happy to come home to my "home away from home" ! Keep up the great work guys and Thank You for all you do for us!

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Heidi W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manheim, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you kindly for the nice review on our hotel and staff. I am very pleased that you have chose us as your "home away from home" while you're here on business! We really appreciate your compliments on our hard work and dedication! When a guest shows such loyalty it really makes us proud and we hope that you will continue to stay with us for many years to come! It is truly our pleasure to serve you and your group. Thank you again for taking the time to write such a heartfelt review!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Stayed here one night. Very easy to find location off the turnpike; relatively convenient to Lancaster/Harrisburg/Hershey attractions. Unfortunately the cleanliness & service of the hotel was not up to standard for the Hampton name. There was obvious black mildew along the inside edge of the bathtub -- seriously, nothing a spritz of clorox wouldn't have taken care of with ease -- this should not have been missed by housekeeping. The (non-smoking) room had the lingering faint odor of stale cigarette smoke. Front desk seemed rushed and less than friendly upon check-in; no one at the desk at all upon checkout so I just left my key (I usually try to at least say thank you and make sure there are no problems with my bill). Breakfast was completely swamped with guests and understaffed -- there was absolutely no coffee in any of the coffeepots at 8:30am -- not at all acceptable on a busy summer Saturday morning. I spoke with the young lady working the breakfast area and she told me that she was on her own that day and doing her best to keep everything filled. She was obviously frustrated and stressed. I tried my best to encourage her but I have to wonder about the management/staff scheduling practices at this hotel.

Overall it was a disappointing stay at what is usually my favorite hotel chain. I commend the young woman working the breakfast area for keeping her poise and good attitude even under stressful conditions, but otherwise I have nothing good to say about this stay. Hampton can definitely do better.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
The experience you shared is certainly not typical at our property. I truly apolgize that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We are known for our outstanding customer service and cleanliness, and our most recent Quality Assurance Hilton inspection scored us a 100% in cleanliness. This not only meets, but exceeds the Hampton Brand's standards. The mold and smoke smell you described is definitely concerning to us. At any point if you have a room that has a major issue such as this, we like to be alerted right away so that we can properly investigate it and move you to another room that meets your comfort level and safety. The front desk agents serve as concierge during your stay and you will notice we have a newly designed "floating" front desk which allows our agents to briefly step away to assist a guest in the lobby area. We do try to properly staff every department for ultimate customer service. I am sorry that you did not feel as if we were properly staffed at breakfast. When we are high in occupancy, we try to keep up with the busy morning rush as best as we can. You will notice that our management team jumps in to assist the breakfast and front desk departments during peak morning rush hours. We have some great personalities at the front desk so to hear that an agent was less than friendly really concerns me. If there is something that you would like to discuss with me personally, please feel free to call me at (717) 665 - 6600.
Bismarck, North Dakota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

hotel is ok, rooms need more updates,some staff very nice other need ppl skills(,the manager)
was there for a week rent was paid and had some one walk in our room,so went to front desk and Donnie was very nice don't worry will give you a free nite tomorrow ,so my husband went down the next morning to make sure everything was good with the free nite and the" Manager "Heidi,told him that he never paid for a nite the Week Before so the free nite would go to that,she said do you have a receipt,he said im not sure i'll have to see,but i know i paid i pay every morning,she told him we would be charged and she would have to look at the security footage to see if he paid or not,well 2days later he found the receipt, not as much as a Sorry or Nothing!ok any where else if your staying for a nite or 7 if you don't pay a nite im sure it don't take week to notice!if you don't pay your key don't work!Heidi Needs more ppl skills,we ended up being there for 37day my dad was in the Va Hospital,the nicest ppl were House Keeping,&Donnie,hotel was ok but they need a new Manager!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Heidi W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manheim, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
I am sorry that I did not have the opportunity to meet you as you were a long term stay at our property. If you are unsure about your departure date, and paying for your room on a day to day basis, we always provide you with a receipt. That is when we recode your room key for that night. If there is a credit card holding the room, your key will be coded for the duration of the stay. If there is ever a discrepancy with a payment, we try to resolve it as quickly as possible. I do remember speaking with the registered guest of the room, and I not only honored our 100% Hampton Guarantee, but also, offered a complimentary night on top of that to resolve a billing issue. We extended our best corporate rate as a courtesy and even accommodated the room on sold out evenings out of good solid customer service. We never practice any unkind act at this hotel, and our guest’s satisfaction and happiness are extremely important to us. The video surveillance cameras are placed around the hotel not out of mistrust of our staff and guests, but to protect them at all times.
My staff and I take pride in our award winning customer service, and we strive every day to prove that.
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

The room when you entered appeared wonderful, but in our bathroom there was an extreme amount of mold on the ceiling. There were no exhaust fans to help the situation either! YUCK!!!!!! The outdoor pool was to be open as well, and it was locked both times we tried to enter (morning and night)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Heidi W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manheim, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Please contact me directly regarding the mold you are stating you found in one of our bathrooms. I am curious as to which room number you were in. This is certainly not the normal experience our guests have here and I do apologize. We pride ourselves on the cleanliness that we are known for. My engineering and housekeeping departments are very on top of preventive maintenance and deep cleaning projects and I would like them to be able to take care of this immediately. Our outdoor heated seasonal pool is open daily from 9:00am until 10:00pm. The only reason it would ever be closed is due to severe weather conditions such as thunderstorms. Our guests safety is extremely important to us. I thank you for your feedback and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

The room was sizable, the breakfast was very tasty and varied, the staff were very friendly, complimentary cookies and hot drinks were available in the lobby - in short, the hotel is a very pleasant place to stay!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay! Your compliments on our sizable rooms, tasty breakfast and friendly staff really mean a lot to us. The freshly baked cookies and 24 hour coffee bar are our biggest crowd pleaser and you will notice a nice variety of flavored teas and hot chocolate too! Thank you for calling us a pleasant place to stay and we hope to see you soon!
Fairfax, VA, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We have stayed at this motel many times in the past. It is convenient to Cornwall Manor where my 100-year old mother resides. We have always found the motel to be clean and well-run. The breakfasts are good and there's always plenty of choices. I particularly like the cookies that are available in the evenings as well as ever-present coffee urn.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Cornwall Manor is a nice and easy drive from our hotel and we are happy that you stay with us while you visit your mother!
Thank you for your compliments on our clean and well managed hotel. We take a lot of pride in what we do here and I am happy that it shows.
The hot deluxe continental breakfast bar is served daily from 6:00am until 10:00am and we certainly do offer a large variety of delicious options to choose from. Our freshly baked cookies and 24 hour coffee bar are our way of making our guests feel right at home! We look forward to serving you again in the very near future. Thank you for your review!
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We enjoyed our stay here. We were greeted by very helpful staff and at our request, got a recommendation for an eating establishment nearby that provided a great meal and some entertainment as well by a jazz band. The room was very clean and met our needs with no problems at all. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our front desk staff to be so helpful.
We have some great local restaurants that we like to recommend with both casual and fine dining options. We like to steer you away from the chain restaurants with all of the local flavor our area offers! I am glad that you liked the restaurant we recommended for you! Thank you for your compliments on our clean rooms. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Been to Hampton Inn Manheim? Share your experiences!