“Great staff, but very old hotel” 3 of 5 stars

The Desmond Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Liberty Blvd., Malvern, PA 19355   |
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Malvern
Melbourne, Australia
“Great staff, but very old hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Stayed here for two weeks for business. The staff were all great, however for price my room was very tired. The hotel of going for an old style look, but it's just old. The rooms are dated and dark, you can everyone talking as they walk past your door and every sound from the next room. The bar and restaurant have great room, with friendly staff, but again the restaurant is crying out for an update.
If the management only updated the rooms with modern beds, doors that stopped the sound from the hallways and lighting it would make a big difference.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Mike_Chain, General Manager at The Desmond Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback, recognizing our team and for choosing the Desmond. We have a significant renovation planned to begin in the coming months. I am confident you will like and appreciate our improvements. Thank you again for staying with us we hope you will choose us for your next trip to the area.

Michael Chain

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Latham, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I enjoyed my stay at the Desmond. It just needs to be updated. The people were all friendly and the rooms were large enough but a little tender loving care would be ideal right about now. The food was average but the room was clean - no complaints.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank your for your feedback, we begin a property improvement shorty. I am confident you will like our improvements. Thanks for your business and I hope you will return again soon.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

I enjoyed my stay.
The only problem is to contact you from overseas:
1. No e-mail adress
2. The "contact- me" function doent work
3.Phones are busy
4.No answer to faxes
Very easy to handle issue become a really time consuming matter.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Mike_Chain, General Manager at The Desmond Hotel, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your business and your feedback. I am so sorry to hear of your troubles; we have tested all of the features you mentioned and found no issue. Perhaps this was a temporary occurrence for which I am sorry. Please consider trying us again, I am sure you will find the communication during your experience to be first rate.

Scranton, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Visited for a work conference which was also held in the hotel.
Pros: Great Location, Comfortable rooms, friendly staff, Free Wi-Fi.
Cons: Dated décor, slow elevators, touchy thermostats.
Not a terrible stay, not a remarkable one either. Just fine for what I needed.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Mike_Chain, General Manager at The Desmond Hotel, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing the Desmond, I will investigate your comments pertaining to your thermostats and the elevator speed. I haven't received any comments about this previously, but we take all of our guest comments seriously and address whatever we can. Please consider choosing us again the next time your travels bring you to Malvern, as we continue to invest in and make improvements to our property.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Stayed overnight for business. The great part is it is located one mile from new turnpike exitI (ez pass only) food was good and room was clean. Be careful where room is located. Only one elevator and getting in and out to rooms on opposite side can take a long time.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

After 2 long flight delays and arriving at the Desmond close to midnight, I was hungry and thirst and hoping they still had a basket of fruit out for guests, I could not ask for better service. Steve and Walt read my mind. Asked if I would like a nice glass of wine and perhaps a sandwich to help unwind from the day. Of course I said yes and enjoyed the lovely wine and the delicious roast beef sandwich basket and assistance up to the room. They also confirmed my Am transportation was on the books and assisted with my luggage, snack and lovely wine arriving to my room. I am snuggled in and relaxed thanks to Steve and Walt that assured all my needs had been met. Thanks gentleman!

Room Tip: It is a quaint, clean hotel with excellence service and charm.