“Brunch was nasty!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Malvern
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Brunch was nasty!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

I just paid $19 for the brunch buffet and ate almost nothing. I have not one good thing to say....I asked for an egg white omelette and less oil, the chef was unable to manage this and gave me a sloppy white mess of half cooked slop that I didn't even taste, it looked that bad. Potatoes were swimming in grease, grey and half uncooked. I guess half cooked is a theme here, because the bread pudding was also a mess of under cooked bread.
This visit was to check the food out before deciding if this is a candidate for my sons wedding, it's not!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Mike_Chain, General Manager at The Desmond Hotel, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am so sorry about your brunch experience, its very unusual that we would receive that kind of feedback. I feel terrible and wish we could have offered some amends on Sunday. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel. I know we are better than we showed you last weekend and while your experience was what it was, I respectively suggest it was exception and not usual. I believe we are an wonderful special event host and if given another chance we would be a great fit for your son's special event. I would be happy to speak directly to you if you were willing to give us another chance.

Michael Chain

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Green Lane, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

My husband and I have dined frequently at the Hunt Room restaurant over the past few years. We recently dined in the Hunt Room and stayed overnight. The new dinner menu is spectacular. The presentation of each course is contemporary but sophisticated, and all the food is fresh and absolutely delicious. Our favorite entrees were the scallops and duck. The lime risotto is amazing. We stayed in one of the recently upgraded guest rooms. The colors of the room were warm and inviting, and the new bedding has a clean, elegant look. It was an enjoyable evening. We look forward to another visit.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Mike_Chain, General Manager at The Desmond Hotel, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your business and you positive feedback. I hope you will choose the Desmond when you return to the Malvern / King of Prussia area.

Sicklerville, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I stayed at the Desmond for 1 night to attend a business meeting the next day. Check in was quick around 5:30 pm, as the room was direct billed I only needed to sign and not provide any other information. I had a room on the 4th floor. The room was right next to the elevators, but was quiet.
There was the bed, dresser/Tv stand, desk and sitting chair in the room. There was a space for a refrigerator in the dresser, but there was none. The room had a faint smell of carpet cleaner or similar cleaning product. The television was HD, but there were only 4 or 5 HD channels, the rest were in standard definition. The bed was comfortable and had plenty of pillows. There was no safe in the room.
The bathroom was very small and had a coffee maker and hair dryer. The shower had adequate water pressure and temperature, but the shower head was small and had a small water spray area. The tissues were some of the thinnest and smallest tissues I have encountered.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your business and your feedback. I hope you will choose to return to our property the next time you travel to the Malvern / King of Prussia area. I am sorry that you didn't receive all of the HD Channels, you should have received 8 HD Channels and 44 total Direct TV channels. Please share any preferences upon your return and we would be happy to accommodate your preferences to the best of our ability.

Thanks again for your business.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I went to the Desmond Hotel on a business trip. I arrived in Philadelphia, and it was a 30-45 minute trip from the airport to this hotel. The hotel is nice, very classic. The receptionists were nice. The hotel seems to make a lot of receptions and weddings, which is good for people who stay there for the event, but not so good for people who are staying there for other things. There was a wedding when I staid there, fortunately the event did not go up until very late with loud music.

The room is nice. However there was no safe to put things, which I had already been used to in other hotels. Bed was comfortable. The hotel is surrounded by many trees so its nice. Like being in the middle of the woods.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at the Desmond and for your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay, when you return, we can provide you with a safe or a safety deposit box should you feel the need.

Our entire staff appreciates your business and we hope you will choose to stay with us again.

Sincerely.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

The hotel was all right. The bar is decent but the whole decor of the hotel is extremely old. The suites are really small but the regular rooms are ok size. Overall, an ok stay. A bit more expensive than I would have liked to pay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying with us and for your feedback. I am glad you liked the King rooms and I am sorry you found the suites small. The feedback about the suites id the first I have heard.

We are constantly improving our facility and have recently begun a significant renovation to our hallways, lighting, carpet, guestroom soft goods, and guestroom bathrooms. I am sure you will like our improvements when you return to the Malvern area.

Thank you again for choosing the Desmond.

des12404
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

My class reunion was held at the Desmond and it was a pleasant experience from check in to check out.
The hotel has been updated and my suite was very comfortable and quiet. The staff was welcoming and efficient.
Although the hallways are exceedingly long, the walk was worth it to escape the regular cookie cutter hotel chains and relax in a more intimate setting.
The suite that I had boasted a fireplace--but in reality, it was just the appearance of a fireplace with a mantle, but no logs or fire.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Mike_Chain, General Manager at The Desmond Hotel, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for your comments in your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope you will return to our hotel and restaurants.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

hotel decoration is a bit old. front deck staff very friendly. Free WIFI internet. clean room. close to the business park I am visiting. will stay next time. breakfast is good. bed is very comfortable

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Desmond, I know you have many choices when you travel and my staff and I are happy you chose us. Thanks for your review, and we hope to see you again at The Desmond.

Michael Chain

Been to The Desmond Hotel? Share your experiences!