“Alba in Malvern. An incredible gastronomy experience” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant Alba is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 63 Restaurants in Malvern
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Warren Avenue
Transit: The SEPTA R5 line stops at the Malvern train station directly behind the restaurant. Please check schedule as not all trains stop in Malvern.
Chalfont PA
“Alba in Malvern. An incredible gastronomy experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Until recently, I had only really considered the great resteraunts in the Philadelphia area to be in Center City. We'll all that has changed with recent farm to table small intimate resteraunts popping up all over the Philadelphia suburbs. Last night, I had the opportunity to dine at Alba in Malvern. It was nothing short of amazing. Every dish was incredible. From the steak tartare served on a crusty artisan bread with a sunny side up egg served on top, to the grilled octopus served w Favre beans, to the fire grilled heart of romain lettuce, & the porter house steak served with grilled Brussels sprouts & potatoes. Chef Sean Weinberg has created a completely amazing dining experience. We drove an hour to get here, if this resteraunt is not on your radar...you better add, as this is a must go. I only wish I lived closer....so I could go back sooner.

Visited October 2013

Wayne, Pa.
“Way overpriced for such small portions!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We ordered the Bruschetta which was offered with several different toppings so we ordered the Sampler of 3 which cost $12 ---we assumed that meant we would get a few pieces of each of the 3 samples we chose, but instead we were served 3 slices of toasted bread each with a different topping! I buy the same bread at Produce Junction for $2.50/loaf and the toppings were very basic; cheese and honey, chopped tomato and basil, and vegetables so charging $12 for this plate is outrageous!!!

The 1/2 portion of pasta we ordered was served in fruit bowls since there was so little.

Question- if everything is locally grown why are the prices are soooo high????

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Devon, Pennsylvania
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Went for drinks and appetizers in the bad. We had Bruschetta and the Porketta sandwich. Both were outstanding - I would highly recommend it!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
“Good food in a nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

I am a very picky Italian foodie. So when other people tell me the food is terrific I come to a restaurant with great expectations. The food was very good here, but I would not put it in the terrific category. My pasta carbonara dish was not up to snuff, but the branzino was done very nicely.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
PA
“Good but, not the best value!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

First time experience at Alba was nice....had gone there for drinks and at the 11th hour,
decided to have dinner in the bar area. Was a good dinner...a little pricey though for what we got.

However, we decided to try it a 2nd time recently but this time....made a reservation in the dining area. Unfortunately, I was turned off before we even arrived. Received a reservation reminder vmail of our 6pm dinner reservation and that "....the table has a 8pm seating thereafter".

Hmmm, a way of telling us that...you better be on time because we need your table at 8PM!! Talk about lack of respect for me as the customer....and sending the message that they are all about turning tables. Not what you tell a potential customer before they've even arrived.

The dinner this time was not bad at best...a little more on the disappointment side as my wife's appetizer was slightly burned, although they did make it 'right'. The server was good but, our
entree was not the best. Seemed like a sub-par quality dish.

All in all (the 2x we patronized the place) good but not top-notch, for the prices they command. If you go there, just remember....you're on the clock!

• 4 of 5 stars Food