“Beautiful location” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Malvern
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Beautiful location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I can't say anything bad about this location.The room was very new like,I'm not sure how love it's been there but it seems pretty new.The staff were all very nice and helpful.I look forward to going back soon.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Cynthia S, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Great Valley/Malvern, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words. We look forward to seeing you the next time you visit the area.

Cynthia Smoyer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Thank you Cindy for inviting us to come back and give you another try. We came back and everything was perfect,hot tub was working and we received our requested king room. Will be back again and most likely very soon!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Cynthia S, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Great Valley/Malvern, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you so much for giving us another try. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you the next time you are in the area.

Cyndi Smoyer
Harrisburg, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Typical Courtyard. Staff were generally friendly. Stayed in room 420. The purpose of a hotel in a location such as this is to provide a comfortable and clean sleeping environment with limited amenities.

Two major items result in a 2 star rating (as compared to similar hotels):

1) A/C barely/didn't work providing an environment that was warmer that I'd like.

2) The bed was the absolute worst that I've ever slept on in the Marriott chain.

Room Tip: Don't sleep in room 420 unless you want the worst mattress ever.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Cynthia S, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Great Valley/Malvern, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear Mr. Davis,

I would like to offer my sincerest apologies for the stay that you had with us. I know how important being able to get a good night's rest is and the fact that the mattress was uncomfortable is very disappointing. I have already had our engineering team look into the issues that experienced and correct for future guests. I appreciate your feedback and hope that if you are in the area again that you will give us another chance.

Cynthia S
Schuylkill Haven, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We attended the Wallace, Kuhn wedding this past week-end at the Strawbridge Family farm in
Great Valley. Most of the out of town guests stayed here at the Courtyard Great Valley.
The hotel provided shuttles to and from the wedding. The driveway was a small winding 1/2 mile dirt road up into a large field parking area that was on a hillside. Soon after the ceremony started
so did the rain and it rained for the remainder of the reception. The field became a sea for mud and when it was time to leave, the hotel shuttle got in trouble and became stuck. The young driver called for help, they formulated a plan where the remainding vans would only proceed up the gravel road and guests would walk down the field to them. The van would turn around and transport a load down the road and transfer to a much larger van and go back to the hotel. During this process the van/staff members were fantastic helping guests get to the vans directing
arriving vans to the proper location to avoid getting stuck, and all the time they were all soaked to the skin and covered with mud. There is no way they were required to do what they did and, our hats are off to them and they should be recognized for such good work, I thank them personally, great job.
Dick Gonzalez VP Kelken, USA

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay and that the poor weather did not interrupt your wedding festivities. I have shared your comments with our team that worked that night. They truly appreciate your kind words. We hope, to see you the next time you visit the area.
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Very nice business hotel. Clean room, very nice front desk staff, and reasonably priced. Will be staying there again on my next stay to the area.

Only issue is the toll road exit to get to the hotel. It is a Toll Pass ONLY Exit and Entrance so if you happen to get a rental car without a pass or are traveling to the area in your own car without a pass, you are screwed. No information as to how to get to the hotel and avoid this exit off of the tollway.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Cynthia S, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Great Valley/Malvern, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words. I will share them with our team. Thank you so much for your feedback on the directions from the Pennsylvania Turnpike. We will work to get those updated on our website so that it is available to all of our guests.

Thank you so much for your kind words.
Cynthia S
POK,NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

As a Marriott Rewards member, I decided to give this Courtyard property another try. We had to come to the area for a funeral and needed the room for only one night.
The lobby area is clean and the staff is friendly. On first inspection, our room seemed perfectly clean and acceptable. Our room was on the 4th floor and when we left the hotel to grab a bite to eat after checking in, we noticed a pile of dirty linens on the floor outside one of the rooms. Upon our return nearly two hours later, the linens remained and I notified the desk.
The next morning when I entered the shower I found multiple hairs in the tub and the used bar of soap from the last guest on one of the soap dishes. Totally unacceptable! Was the shower even cleaned??
It was no surprise when we opened to door to leave our room and the dirty linens were still outside the door down the hall.

I could not with good conscience recommend this property to anyone. One bad experience can be attributed to an "off" day but to have bad experiences twice tells me this is a place to avoid.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Cynthia S, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Great Valley/Malvern, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
I would like to offer my sincere apology that you had this experience at our hotel. I am so glad that you took the time to let us know about the problems you have been experiencing with our housekeeping team. I have already followed up with our team to ensure they are following all procedures correctly so that other guests do not have the same experience. We value all of our guests and I know that you have many choices in where to stay when visiting the area. We want all of our guests to enjoy their stay with us.
Philadelphia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Being a gold Marriott Reward member I've stayed a quite a few and this one just didn't measure up to the others. The staff was okay and room very clean are the only reason I can give this a ranking of 3 instead of lower. First when we arrived we were given a room with 2 double beds, not sure why it was just my husband and I and kig bed is listed in my profile. A quick phone call to the front desk and it was remedied. Second, the pool and hot tub area was very dirty I need to wash my feet when we got back to the room. Also the hot tub was cold and the pool freezing. When my husband informed the front desk of these issues they just said, oh okay. The third issue was the window in the room. We had very bad storms that night and the window leaked, not a huge issue but again the front desk didn't seem to think it was much of an issue. If you do stay here and want to sleep in past 7am ask for a room in the front of the hotel as in the back there is construction and all we heard was beeping from the trucks.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Cynthia S, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Great Valley/Malvern, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the experience you had the pool area at our hotel. We know that you have many choices when you are traveling and being able to enjoy the pool area is not acceptable. The issues with the spa has been fixed, so other guests do not have the same issues. I know that it doesn't make it better for you but please know that we have addressed the issue. I hope, that if you are in the area again that you will give us a second chance.
Sincerly,
Cynthia Smoyer

Been to Courtyard Philadelphia Great Valley/Malvern? Share your experiences!