“What a Gem!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 61 restaurants in Malvern
Cuisines: French, Asian fusion
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Private Parking LotFrench Cuisine with an oriental FlairActually located in Frazer, PA but mailing address is Malvern
“What a Gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

After driving past this restaurant for years, my husband and I ventured in after reading reviews on Trip Advisor. What an absolute treat! I don't know what was better the food or the service. We started our meal with the escargot and crab ravioli. The sauce for the ravioli was wonderful as were the ravioli. The escargot was sublime. My hubby had the filet with au gratin potatoes and green beans. He said it was the most flavorful, perfectly cooked filet he has ever eaten. I had the roasted duck with raspberry sauce. The waitress recommended going with the fruit sauce verses the wine sauce and she was so right. The duck was cooked perfectly. It was crispy, yet juicy and so flavorful. Everything, in fact is packed with flavor. Desserts looked wonderful, but we were too full. Our waitress was wonderful. She provided perfect service, recommendations and shared a few really wonderful stories. You absolutely must visit this wonderful little gem. You'll won't regret it. We're already talking about what we are going to order at our next visit.

90% Recommend
Chester Springs, Pennsylvania, United States
“OMG. The Best BYOB in Chester County”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I have to say, Bunha Faun was the highlight of my week. The Food was amazing and the service was outstanding. I ordered the 8 oz. Filet and it was better that any chain (Capital Grille, Sullivans, Mortans, stc..). My wife had the Duck and it was terrific. I would HIGHLY recommend Bunha Faun for a nice escape into fine cuisine.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Awesome food, but service was fair (at best).”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I went with my wife and anopther couple for a Saturday evening dinner out. We had reservations but still had to wait nearly 45 minutes to get seated (and only after my wife and I started to confront the staff about the delay). Once seated the service was ok, still not great.
Then the food came and it was AWESOME. The fish, seafood and veal were all outstanding! The sauces were top notch and the portion were good. It is BYOB, so the check is a nice surprise at the end.
It is a hidden gem as you can pass by it without ever noticing it. I recommend it, but be ready to wait.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
malvern pa
“A HIDDEN PEARL”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

A small romantic restaurant hidden among the commercial bric-a-brac that is Route 30. Thanks to Tripadvisor and its reviewers we decided to try BF to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. Great choice! Quiet, low key, romantic, BF is just the place to go when a special meal is what you need. Service was superb. Our candle began to sputter and was quickly replaced. Little things, we told the server we would split an appetizer and it came out on separate plates, no messy fumbling at the table. The menu is full of delicious surprises, duck, rack of lamb, even tofu for the dedicated vegetarians among us. The two and one hours we spent there were among the most pleasant we have experienced. Give BF a try. You will discover restaurant going is not all rush, rush, but a delicious event.

• Visited February 2013
Phoenixville PA
“Interesting find in Malvern.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Were it not for trip advisor, we would have continued to ride pass this gem in Malvern. Yes, it's an ugly building; the small sign does not begin to describe the great meal that awaits you - French with an Asian Flair? What does that mean? Make the trip inside....you will not be disappointed. Great food, decent prices, personable, attentive, knowledgeable staff, interesting menu and specials. No bar or lobby, but we love BYOB.

• Visited January 2013