“Best breakfast in Chester County” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Philadelphia
“Best breakfast in Chester County”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

The Classic is a Classic: for breakfast or lunch, you cannot go wrong. The monkier "Diner" is a misnomer because, while this is indeed a diner and features a counter, there are also three rooms with tables and a kitchen that cooks pulled pork, great grilled salmon over a huge salad, and the best bacon and eggs in Chester County, PA. Come hungry, leave satisfied! Also offer Mighty Leaf teas, which are premium quality. Don't be fooled by "Diner;" this is fine food in a relaxed atmosphere and has been a favorite for many years.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

East Coast
“Great way to start your day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

My husband and I ordered breakfast on the day we visited and I must say, it was probably one of the best I've had in years. I will admit I was apprehensive when I first walked in as the place is small, awkwardly arranged and noisy, but I'm glad I stayed. My scrambled eggs were cooked perfectly, potatoes were very good (although too many) and the slab bacon was amazing. My husband had a spinach, onion and cheese omelette and he too thought it was cooked to perfection. I will definitely return to this establishment and try their lunch menu next time.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
LONDON
“Simply the best place to breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Been numerous time over a few years, when visiting the area for work. Service is good but the food is fantastic, portions are big so saves having lunch. Pancakes or eggs benedict are my fav's .

• Visited June 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Fabulous Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We had a great breakfast at the classic diner. The omelette's were huge and fluffy with fresh ingredients. The blueberry pancakes were really good and the breakfast sandwiches on homemade bread were fabulous. One of our party went back the following morning for the homemade sticky buns and oh my gosh were they good. Covered with walnuts and cherries . Worth every bite. They had delicious looking granola and other baked goods. My husband ordered the fruit bowl on the side and I was blown away by the presentation and the amount and kinds of fruit. Usually people charge a lot for a little but not in this case. Lunch looked good as well. It is a small place and looks crowded on the weekends so go early or late or be prepared to wait!

Anywhere,USA
“Delicious, but expensive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had a delicious breakfast at the Classic Diner. Service was wonderful, food came out fast and delicious. The only thing I would caution families on is the price. Our family of 6 had a $96 (including tip) breakfast. When you order, everything is priced separately. So, my daughter had a belgian waffle for $5, fair enough, right? Well, then to add whipped cream was $2, and then to add 1/3 cup of cut strawberries was another $4 and the list goes on and on for each of us. They sure weren't hurting for business. Now that I know how the diner operates I will definitely go back with a plan.