“Great way to start your day”
Review of Classic Diner

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch

66% Recommend
There are newer reviews for Classic Diner
East Coast
“Great way to start your day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

My husband and I ordered breakfast on the day we visited and I must say, it was probably one of the best I've had in years. I will admit I was apprehensive when I first walked in as the place is small, awkwardly arranged and noisy, but I'm glad I stayed. My scrambled eggs were cooked perfectly, potatoes were very good (although too many) and the slab bacon was amazing. My husband had a spinach, onion and cheese omelette and he too thought it was cooked to perfection. I will definitely return to this establishment and try their lunch menu next time.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
LONDON
“Simply the best place to breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Been numerous time over a few years, when visiting the area for work. Service is good but the food is fantastic, portions are big so saves having lunch. Pancakes or eggs benedict are my fav's .

• Visited June 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Fabulous Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We had a great breakfast at the classic diner. The omelette's were huge and fluffy with fresh ingredients. The blueberry pancakes were really good and the breakfast sandwiches on homemade bread were fabulous. One of our party went back the following morning for the homemade sticky buns and oh my gosh were they good. Covered with walnuts and cherries . Worth every bite. They had delicious looking granola and other baked goods. My husband ordered the fruit bowl on the side and I was blown away by the presentation and the amount and kinds of fruit. Usually people charge a lot for a little but not in this case. Lunch looked good as well. It is a small place and looks crowded on the weekends so go early or late or be prepared to wait!

• Visited July 2013
Anywhere,USA
“Delicious, but expensive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had a delicious breakfast at the Classic Diner. Service was wonderful, food came out fast and delicious. The only thing I would caution families on is the price. Our family of 6 had a $96 (including tip) breakfast. When you order, everything is priced separately. So, my daughter had a belgian waffle for $5, fair enough, right? Well, then to add whipped cream was $2, and then to add 1/3 cup of cut strawberries was another $4 and the list goes on and on for each of us. They sure weren't hurting for business. Now that I know how the diner operates I will definitely go back with a plan.

• Visited July 2013
Exton, Pennsylvania
“It's All Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

The Classic Diner offers a unique twist on what I would consider traditional diner fare. Pull up their online menu and see. This is one of a couple of restaurants that we frequent where everything on the menu is good (I use to order something different every time - not one bad meal to date). The presentations are wonderful, the portions are big, the ingredients are fresh, their homemade desserts are delicious and portions are huge, the service is good and so is their coffee. The space is small which for me makes it a little uncomfortable, but for what it lacks in space, it makes up everywhere else. The price point is appropriate and they are always busy...get there early if you don't want to wait.

• Visited June 2013