“Ill keep driving” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Ill keep driving”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is not worth the wait.
It's probably the only nice restaurant in the area therefore it's always crowded.
I would keep driving to the McKenzies off 202 and Swedesford Road as I think this restaurant is a lot better and nicer atmosphere.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Easter Brunch Was Outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

My party had their Easter Brunch yesterday. It was awesome! Great variety for the price. There were 13 in our party and they had no problems accommodating that size party. It was $180 + tip (6 adults/7 kids). I know this we just a one time of year event but they did a fantastic job. The french toast was outstanding! Great job!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Batavia, New York
“Excellent food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

the menu was delightful - very unique - I enjoyed a tuna nicoise salad which was absolutely incredible - flavors, combination of items, just delicious. Also have a great house cabernet - delightful. Ordered a pepperoni pizza to go - also delicious! Cannot wait to visit again!

Visited March 2013
Ohio
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Stopped here with some colleagues on a business trip mid March 2013 on the recommendations of the front desk staff at the hotel my colleagues were staying at. Very good food and a ton of it. I'm not a big sea food fan but I was told the crab cakes were awesome so that's what I got. I added on a wedge salad for $3 and the "salad" was almost a meal by itself. Crab cakes were huge and delicious, fries were good (nothing special), and I personally liked the Cole slaw (colleagues thought it was average). Very nice place and the prices were reasonable.

Visited March 2013
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Why wait in line!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Look, I love the food at the Classic Diner BUT I have recently, on three Sundays had reason to cruise past and find the Diner....PACKED! Sardine style! This made me drive just a little further down the road to McKenzie's Brew House. I was rewarded with a very delicious surprise and did not have to wait in the interminable line (really, I think I saw people standing outside that were there when I passed the first time).
I have been to McKenzie's many times for lunch & dinner and never really thought of this as a breakfast/brunch spot. The service was very good (one knock- on all three occasions the server failed to mention that you are entitled to a cocktail with the brunch entree). The atmosphere in the bar area was peaceful and quite and you could actually relax. There was no rush to get you out the door.
As for the food, the french toast was like dessert so split another brunch entree and have the french toast as dessert but don't forget to ask for whipped cream (made fresh). I'm am sure I'll be back for another visit soon.

• Visited March 2013