“Delightful Restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Twenty9 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 66 Restaurants in Malvern
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lancaster Ave & Route 29
Description: Twenty9 is the newest success from partners Stephen Scutti and Executive Chef Edwin Tietjen, whose jointly-owned restaurant in Media, PA (Stephen's) has been topping the charts since 2003. Now, in concert with Patricia Archie, they have joined forces again to debut Twenty9, an upscale Malvern retreat located in the Great Valley Corporate Center. At 7,000 square feet, this two-level destination is a combined fine-dining restaurant, casual sports bar, and special event venue - all conveniently situated under a single roof. By day, Twenty9 accommodates the thriving businesses in the corporate center and surrounding areas, offering dine-in and delivered lunches, as well as lunch buffets. By night, Twenty9 dons its chic after-dark persona, with a focus on Happy Hour socializing, live music, and leisurely dining overlooking a landscaped panorama. From contemporary dining on the main floor to a sports bar on the lower level, to live music, Twenty9 provides the ideal setting for everyone!
Media, Pennsylvania
“Delightful Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We enjoyed our meal. It was not very crowded and the service was wonderful, very attentive. The view of the countryside was beautiful. My husband got the seafood chowder and I wish I had also gotten that, it was delicious. My caesar salad was ok, it could have used a bit more flavor and there was way too much dressing. I got the lobster macaroni which was amazing, very rich and creamy. My husband's scallops were seasoned perfectly. We both wound up taking doggy bags so we got to enjoy the food the next day too. We would definitely return. It is in the middle of a corporate campus so I am guessing it gets more crowded for lunch. We were happy to have a Groupon or we never would have known about this restaurant.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

My husband and I have been here on several occasions and the food, staff and service are consistently great! The atmosphere is lively, yet romantic and we usually dine on their outdoor, enclosed porch area which offers a beautiful view of the surrounding hills. Our latest visit was complimented by the rain on the tin roof:) This is rapidly becoming my very favorite restaurant and I highly recommend it!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Devon, Pennsylvania
“Very good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

My husband and I celebrated our 20th anniversary here tonight. I had the mixed green and beet salad for an appetizer and it was an enormous salad. It had lots of candied walnuts,beets, and pancetta. I really enjoyed it. My husband had the mozzarella cheese plate. It was also enormous and he ate most of it. We also got a nice basket of warm pita bread strips with parmesan cheese baked on. It came with a small dish of oil infused with mandarin oranges and peppers. It was a generous portion and very tasty. For an entree, I got the diver scallops and risotto. The scallops (4) were gigantic and flavorful. The risotto was very creamy but needed a little more seasoning. Although it looked like a small portion, I could only finish half of it. My husband had the short ribs with mashed potatoes and Kennett mushrooms. He loved it. We were too full to have dessert. Also, the location of this restaurant is very nice and scenic and the service was excellent. I would be happy to dine here again. All in all, a very nice experience. Leave the kids at home when you go!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia, PA
“Odd restaurant, but really good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I have to agree with some of the other reviews, in that this place has a bit of an identity crisis. The very large bar planted firmly center stage will give you the impression that this is all about drinking and sports, but the curiously upscale dining area then gives off a persona of fine dining.
The menu is top of line. I enjoyed the mixed greens and beet salad as my starter, which was perfectly dressed and deliciously fresh. For entrees, my dining companion had the seared scallops over corn risotto and I had the chilean sea bass. Both were excellent, but I have to say that the scallop dish was amazing. The sweetness of the corn, combined with a touch of bacon paired beautifully with perfectly cooked scallops. I kept stealing forkfuls from my partners plate!
We were too full for dessert, but they looked fantastic. They say that most of them are made in house and are very clear as to the ones that are not.
So overall it was a nice dining experience, but the strangeness of the bar scene vs. upscale dining just doesn't seem to work quite right. It is too noisy from the TVs and drinking crowd for me to say this would be a nice romantic date place. And since the bar is such a prominent component, I wouldn't waste my time getting too dressed up to eat here.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Go somewhere else!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We took my parents to 29 for Mothers Day today and it was the worst meal I've ever had. Arriving in the parking lot and seeing only 6 cars at 5pm should have been the 1st sign. We also should have checked what was on the buffet before being seated because we would have left then. The food was all dried out and the small amount of salad was swimming in vinegar. The smoked salmon ran out and they never brought anymore out.My dad could not cut the prime rib and the servers did not speak English when he asked for a rare piece. I had a 4ounce glass of wine for $7.50 and my folks had a margarita that was undrinkable. They advertise BYOB Sunday and Mondays and when we made reservations we asked and they said yes BYOB...we were not allowed to BYOB! We were never offered coffee after we got our dessert and the icing on the cake was the waiter adding a $26.00 tip to our bill. I have never written a bad review but there's always a first time for everything. :(

Visited May 2013

Been to Twenty9? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Twenty9, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.