“Very good!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Twenty9 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 60 restaurants in Malvern
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lancaster Ave & Route 29
Description: Twenty9 is the newest success from partners Stephen Scutti and Executive Chef Edwin Tietjen, whose jointly-owned restaurant in Media, PA (Stephen's) has been topping the charts since 2003. Now, in concert with Patricia Archie, they have joined forces again to debut Twenty9, an upscale Malvern retreat located in the Great Valley Corporate Center. At 7,000 square feet, this two-level destination is a combined fine-dining restaurant, casual sports bar, and special event venue - all conveniently situated under a single roof. By day, Twenty9 accommodates the thriving businesses in the corporate center and surrounding areas, offering dine-in and delivered lunches, as well as lunch buffets. By night, Twenty9 dons its chic after-dark persona, with a focus on Happy Hour socializing, live music, and leisurely dining overlooking a landscaped panorama. From contemporary dining on the main floor to a sports bar on the lower level, to live music, Twenty9 provides the ideal setting for everyone!
Devon, Pennsylvania
“Very good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

My husband and I celebrated our 20th anniversary here tonight. I had the mixed green and beet salad for an appetizer and it was an enormous salad. It had lots of candied walnuts,beets, and pancetta. I really enjoyed it. My husband had the mozzarella cheese plate. It was also enormous and he ate most of it. We also got a nice basket of warm pita bread strips with parmesan cheese baked on. It came with a small dish of oil infused with mandarin oranges and peppers. It was a generous portion and very tasty. For an entree, I got the diver scallops and risotto. The scallops (4) were gigantic and flavorful. The risotto was very creamy but needed a little more seasoning. Although it looked like a small portion, I could only finish half of it. My husband had the short ribs with mashed potatoes and Kennett mushrooms. He loved it. We were too full to have dessert. Also, the location of this restaurant is very nice and scenic and the service was excellent. I would be happy to dine here again. All in all, a very nice experience. Leave the kids at home when you go!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

70% Recommend
Philadelphia, PA
“Odd restaurant, but really good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I have to agree with some of the other reviews, in that this place has a bit of an identity crisis. The very large bar planted firmly center stage will give you the impression that this is all about drinking and sports, but the curiously upscale dining area then gives off a persona of fine dining.
The menu is top of line. I enjoyed the mixed greens and beet salad as my starter, which was perfectly dressed and deliciously fresh. For entrees, my dining companion had the seared scallops over corn risotto and I had the chilean sea bass. Both were excellent, but I have to say that the scallop dish was amazing. The sweetness of the corn, combined with a touch of bacon paired beautifully with perfectly cooked scallops. I kept stealing forkfuls from my partners plate!
We were too full for dessert, but they looked fantastic. They say that most of them are made in house and are very clear as to the ones that are not.
So overall it was a nice dining experience, but the strangeness of the bar scene vs. upscale dining just doesn't seem to work quite right. It is too noisy from the TVs and drinking crowd for me to say this would be a nice romantic date place. And since the bar is such a prominent component, I wouldn't waste my time getting too dressed up to eat here.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Go somewhere else!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We took my parents to 29 for Mothers Day today and it was the worst meal I've ever had. Arriving in the parking lot and seeing only 6 cars at 5pm should have been the 1st sign. We also should have checked what was on the buffet before being seated because we would have left then. The food was all dried out and the small amount of salad was swimming in vinegar. The smoked salmon ran out and they never brought anymore out.My dad could not cut the prime rib and the servers did not speak English when he asked for a rare piece. I had a 4ounce glass of wine for $7.50 and my folks had a margarita that was undrinkable. They advertise BYOB Sunday and Mondays and when we made reservations we asked and they said yes BYOB...we were not allowed to BYOB! We were never offered coffee after we got our dessert and the icing on the cake was the waiter adding a $26.00 tip to our bill. I have never written a bad review but there's always a first time for everything. :(

Visited May 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great bar/fine food in Malvern”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is a fun restaurant that offers an active sports bar with great food. Hard to believe one can find both under one roof! We were rather tight for time and stopped in for a quick dinner. We were delighted and surprised to find excellent food-Ahi tuna, delicious risotto and tender scallops, in a casual yet polished establishment. The waitress, Chrissy, did a fantastic job expediting our meal because of the time constraints. . We have already recommended Twenty9 to friends and family. Will definitely go there again.

• Visited April 2013
Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States
“Great meeting place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Met my girlfriend here that I don't get to see often . The server Izzy was fabulous . The food was out of this world .compliments to the chef . Since we were catching up on our lives we sat for a
Long time . Nobody made us feel like we were taking up too much time . Too chilly on our visit but they have a cute deck . I will definitely be taking my husband here on a road trip ,since it is an hour from our home . I know it will be worth the trip . And he will love it

Visited April 2013

Been to Twenty9? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Twenty9, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.