“First Timer” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Wayne, Pennsylvania, United States
“First Timer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

First time trying Jimmy's after finding it on the internet. I would recommend it to anyone - you get a lot for what you pay for and the brisket was so tender - didn't need a knife. TRY IT!!!!!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

85% Recommend
“Decent BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We have eaten at Jimmy's several times and always enjoy their pulled pork. It is difficult to find good BBQ in the North, so I am glad to have found this place.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
pennsylvania
“Great Take-Out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We normally order a "family pack" as a take-out. We usually get a full slab of ribs and an entire chicken along with a number of sides and cornbread. They also have other BBQ items.

We serve four adults and three children and have enough left-overs for at least one and sometimes two more meals for my wife and myself.

We go here about once a month and it is a treat for everyone. The ribs and chicken are great. I especially enjoy the chicken as it is some of the best I have ever had. Try it.

Visited August 2013
Paoli, Pennsylvania
“If you close your eyes, you would swear you were in North Carolina or Kansas City”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I've eaten at a lot of BBQ places across the country. Thus place stacks up against any of them nicely. Definitely the best BBQ I've eaten north of the Mason Dixon line. I had the pulled pork sandwich and 1/2 rack of ribs (on seperate visits) and both were great. Appreciate the sink in the eating area so one can tidy up a bit before heading home or back to work.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia, PA
“BBQ Imposters”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We've been going to Jimmy's since they opened a few years ago. At first the food was all really good. The brisket, chicken and pork are excellent, and almost 100% consistently juicy and tender. There have been a couple of times when they were dry, and one time when they were really extremely dry. I should have complained, but was too exhausted to drive all the way back.

I also have to say that the staff, while superficially courteous, does not seem to really care whether you return for business ever again. There is no remembering repeat customers, or really ever any kind of personal exchange other than to take your money. It comes off as cold and really anti-BBQ. What I mean is, there is kind of a culture to BBQ, and this place may have imitated how to make the meat, but that's where it ends. No hospitality, no ambiance, no personal warmth, no real BBQ authenticity to the place at all.

They annoyingly make the pricing such that it's almost cheaper to order a family pack with sides, so we normally would order that way. The sides were decent at first. Nothing was remarkable, and certainly didn't hold up to the quality of the meat, but it at least rounded out the meal. Unfortunately, they either weren't making the profit they needed, or they had planned all along to skimp on quality after their initial start-up, but either way, they began taking laughable liberties with the sides that were pretty insulting to us as customers. The mac-n-cheese side was never consistent; sometimes made with all-cheese, sometimes with some sour cream, sometimes it seemed they substituted cheese with sour cream completely, which was bizarre (and inedible). Then they started to water down the mac-n-cheese, so it was basically noodles with a wet, yellow, semi-trandparent gloss on them. YUK! That's when we stopped going.

If you want to pay $20/lb for brisket, it is almost worth it if you have an extreme hankering and can't make it yourself (somehow we always screw it up which is what led us to go to Jimmy's). But if there were ANY other option whatsoever in the near vicinity I would be there in a flash over Jimmy's, no questions asked. Don't think we will return unless we are desperate.

• Visited June 2012