“Great little place for breakfast” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Bakery, Coffee Shop
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Jeannette, Pennsylvania, United States
“Great little place for breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

The owner was super friendly. The food was excellent and so fresh. The grilled stickes melted in our mouth and the homemade strawberry jelly was so good. We got eggs whites so tried to even out some if the grilled sticky! We would highly recommend stopping in if like us you enjoy eating at local Mom and Pops while traveling.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Parkesburg, Pennsylvania
“Recent newcomer - been back 4 times in a month!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

Dixie Picnic has got to be my new favorite lunch spot when I'm around Malvern. A friend recently picked up boxed lunches for us (deviled egg, side of slaw or potato salad, sandwich, and a small cake like an inverted cupcake). Beyond just being a really simple idea that is very charming, the food is all fresh and all delicious. Throw in a genuinely friendly staff and I think anyone would find something they love here. One of my new favorite things is to take other people here and spread the word.

Visited August 2013
NY
“Boxed lunch/dinner you will love!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Delicious sandwiches (can do gluten free) with a side and a moist, flavorful cupcake--what's not to love? Picnic in the park? Picnic on your deck or patio? Pick up some boxed lunches and entertain with ease. You couldn't prepare better yourself.

Visited July 2013
Malvern, Pennsylvania
“Nice lunch / friendly service / delicious cupcakes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I wish it didn't take me so long to have lunch in this adorable little restaurant. I guess because it's in a strip mall...I didn't think it would be so adorable inside. Aside from the way it looks, the lunch is really delicious and reasonable to boot (8.99 for sandwich/cupcate/just enough pasta salad on side). The cupcakes are freaking amazing. Also, the staff was really friendly! When they heard it was my birthday, they gave me a cupcake...even though I got one with my boxed lunch.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chester Springs, PA
“Dixie Picnic is a treat ...but its not just a Southern inspired treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

With a name like Dixie Picnic I was expecting just southern.....but not ham hocks and collards! This charming spot is a refreshing step back into my mom's kitchen....I am guessing your Mom's kitchen will be here too.
Whether we are talking the sumptuous cinnamon buns fresh out of the oven (light moist and buttery) accompanied with a large cup of the delicious fresh brewed coffee.... or the mouth watering chicken salad on multigrain bread, you will not be disappointed. And we haven't even mentioned the upcakes. These cupcakes are upside down little cakes fully frosted "with icing in each bite" in the best flavors, moist comfort in a sweet little end to a great lunch.
P.S. Don't miss the baked goods in the second room...homemade and baked daily to bring home or take to that next dinner party...key lime pie,turtle brownies or tres leches cake to name a few.
Dixie picnic has a welcoming staff, varied menu at a reasonable price, and it is such a comforting place to pull up a chair. MMMM! MMMM! GOOD!

• Visited January 2013