“Bread Pudding!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Hunt Room at the Desmond Hotel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 61 Restaurants in Malvern
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Rte 202 & Rte 29
Description: Enjoy the best in American Regional Cuisine in Malvern PA at The Desmond’s Hunt Room. The Hunt Room is the perfect spot when you are in the mood for great steaks and seafood. The Culinary Team takes pride in serving the most succulent prime beef, the freshest seafood and a tempting array of delicious salads, sides and desserts.The Hunt Room restaurant is open daily from 7 am until 10 pm for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Sunday Brunch is served from 8:30 am until 2 pm.
“Bread Pudding!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I have been eating at the Desmond for around 14 years and love their buffet. While I don't get there as often as I like, I make sure to have a bit of their incredible pudding. Wishing you all the best.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

70% Recommend
Manahawkin, New Jersey
“Fox and Hounds Pub section of the hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

A very interesting menu, well prepared. Excellent waiter, Jimmy (I think). Quiet unlike the adjacent outdoor dining, and information unlike the Hunt Room. Perfect for two couples to converse and enjoy dinner.

Visited July 2013
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Very good food with great servers.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

I have dined her many times and had dinner here last weekend. The prices are fair and the food is very good. I had a filet which was cooked to perfection and the side dishes were great as well. They have a frequent diner program which is a nice touch and allows you to earn reward certificates. I will continue to eat here.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Troy, MI
“On a nice nite, eat in the Grove”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We happened to be in Malvern on a spectacular summer evening. We were attending a gathering of old car enthusiasts. The hotel seated us in the Grove, outside, under a large tent. I'm not usually impressed with eating outside but this was great. No bugs! I don't know how they did that but it was nice. The food was hot and plentiful. Maybe someday I'll be wealthy enough to stay at the hotel.

Visited June 2013
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
“Sunday Brunch at the Desmond - A Disappointment”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Last Sunday, my partner & I decided to go to the Desmond for brunch. After entertaining the night before, we didn't feel like cooking. Over the years, our experiences with the Desmond have always been great. Last Sunday was an unpleasant surprise.
Upon entering the restaurant, we were seated. And we sat - for quite some time - before a server even approached our table. When she finally did - we ordered the brunch buffet and beverages. Another long wait ensued for the beverage delivery. In addition, the personality of the server was very nonchalont, and mediocre service (bordering on crappy) is what I would NEVER expect at this restaurant.
My partner was told that "the salmon" was part of the brunch, but would be served from the kitchen. He ordered it. In the meantime, we proceeded to the buffet line in the next room and served ourselves. The food was good - not spectacular, but good. (Great Caesar Salad!!)
During the meal, our server came by (once) and my partner asked for his salmon, which should have been long delivered by now. The server "chuckled" and walked away. He never saw the salmon. Moments later, I looked around the room and there was not one single server in the diningroom at all (yet there were several on duty).
After finishing the meal, another long wait began.....for the check. Meanwhile, our server was chatting with other staffmembers & guests and placing silverware rollups on other tables. We waited. And waited.
I am in the hospitality business so I know what proper service should be in a hotel restaurant like the Hunt Room.
This experience was very disappointing and so uncharacteristic of what I remember the Desmond to be.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Mike_Chain, General Manager at The Hunt Room at the Desmond Hotel, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write me about your recent experience. I am so sorry about your brunch, as described, the experience is unacceptable and I would love to hear from your directly should you choose to contact me at the hotel. Our team is consistently very engaged and I struggle to see how my staff could have handled you this way. Please know this is not our standard and I will address your feedback with our entire team.

I hope you will consider reaching out to me at the hotel.

Michael Chain