“Amazing Dessert...” 4 of 5 stars

610-296-9006
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cedar Hollow Inn Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 60 restaurants in Malvern
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Draper, Utah
“Amazing Dessert...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Cute restaurant in a converted 19th century farmhouse with great atmosphere and a lively bar scene (even on a Wednesday night).

I had the prime rib sandwich - good but not the best I've ever had. Dessert was another story! I knew it was a bad sign when instead of a dessert menu they brought out a tray showing each dessert. The flourless chocolate cake was amazing and very rich - best if you can share it.

Tip: if you don't see something you like on the regular dining menu ask for the bar menu as there are several additional options.

Visited April 2013

53% Recommend
Southampton, United Kingdom
“A lovely local pub with great atmosphere and good food which was a little pricey.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We had an excellent meal here and enjoyed joining the locals in their weekly Quizo music quiz. A nice cosy atmosphere, shame the food bill was so high.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
“Good, but with much room for improvement”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Decor was casual and neat. We were seated in a room filled with pictures of Greece, which was odd given nothing about the menu reflects Greek cooking. The watermelon lemonade cocktail lacked any flavor. The artisan cheese plate was excellent, but the block of Brie was quite large for an appetizer. The onion soup was well balanced, not too bitter or sweet that is common error. However, there was too little onion, mainly broth. I had the duck which was very good, but the portion was much too large. The skin was not crispy as expected. The crispy pork belly was crisp, but the sauce was overly sweet. Fortunately it was my partner's entree and only sampled. One bite was overpoweringly sweet for a savory dish.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
“Charming atmosphere and large lunch menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I cannot vouch for the dinners, but have been to Cedar Hollow twice this past month for lunch and both times had a great lunch. The first time, I took my two elderly parents and we sat in the back room. The menu had all sorts of interesting sandwiches in addition to entrees. I always find a challenge at restaurants since I eat wheat and grain free so I decided on a Cobb salad which was huge and tasty. My parents were thrilled with their entrees as well.

Just yesterday, my mom and I decided to return to Cedar Hollow with my sister who is visiting from out of state. We were seated in the front porch area where we enjoyed all the windows, lovely white table clothes, monogrammed wine glasses and such gorgeous blue water glasses. Very elegant without being stuffy at all! We were greeted by the same server, Gaye, who had waited on us our previous visit. I was happy we got her again because she is by far the happiest server I ever remember having and is always friendly.

Once again, I was faced with lots of great sounding sandwiches, but since I don't eat bread, I asked Gaye if I could get the cheeseburger with bacon, tomatoes, and avocado, wrapped, if possible in large lettuce leaves. Usually when I ask this at a restaurant, the meat comes overcooked, is fairly tasteless, and they do not know what I mean by large lettuce leaves that you can wrap the meat in.

Much to my surprise, the most amazing platter of a juicy burger arrived with tons of lettuce leaves! I could wrap my burger in lettuce which is more fun than just cutting it up like a steak. The meat was very tasty. Thank you chef for being versatile and going out of the box for me! My mom and sister were absolutely thrilled with their ravioli and paella dishes.

At the end of lunch, I asked Gaye if she'd take our picture together on my iPhone. Even though she was not familiar with taking iPhone photos, she was a good sport and agreed to it. Thanks Gaye! Now I have a great photo with my mom and sister to remember our fun luncheon!

My only complaint would be the big beer truck that seems to arrive every time we get lunch there. It makes it impossible to pull out safely on that road because you cannot see cars coming from either way when trying to pull out.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia
“Delightfully Pleased”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We had not been to CHI in a couple of years. Went Saturday night and had a nice dinner.
The Whiskey sour my wife had was $5.50 vs $9.00 at Firecreek, and much better drink. We had the bacon wrapped scallops, of which there were three large sea scallops on the plate. Very good. Wife had a cheddar cheeseburger, asked for Med well, came our med rare, but she said it was very good. We were seated in the sun porch area and it was full, novise level was loud. Other parts of the restaurant appeared nearly empty.
In any case we decided it will be worth a return visit.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Been to Cedar Hollow Inn Restaurant & Bar? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Cedar Hollow Inn Restaurant & Bar, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.