“Simply fabulous!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Great Valley

Save Saved
You added Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Great Valley to your Saves list
Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Great Valley
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12 E. Swedesford Road, Malvern, PA 19355   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 7 hotels in Malvern
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
“Simply fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I had a great hotel stay at Homewood Suites. I booked my stay because of an anticipated snow storm. We only ended up with a few inches, but oh well. My reservation interaction with Stacia was great. She gave me a day room rate since I was staying off hours since I work night shift. I checked in at 6:30am with Kelly who was very courteous and efficient. I took advantage of the complimentary breakfast. I didn't see any attendant while I was there, but the food was pretty good. They had a variety of cold and hot items and I also took some fruit back to my room for later. My suite was clean and I was able to sleep in a nice comfortable warm bed. Tamara checked me out and provided the same courteous service as my check-in experience.

I have 5 years of experience in hotel/hospitality and this is by far a better run hotel than the ones I've worked at (Radisson, Sheraton, and Sleep Inn). I really enjoyed my stay at Homewood Suites and really appreciate the wonderful customer service!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

192 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Nana1955
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Our trip was intended to be a visit with our son and his family. In route, we experienced a two hour delay on Interstate 80 from a 26 car accident caused by a snow squall. While sitting in the traffic jam, I became ill. A trip that usually takes 3 hours took 5 and I was now ill. Not up to driving back home and not wanting to infect our son and his family, we opted to get a room for the night. Oh, forgot to add, we were traveling with our small dog too. We came upon Homewood Suites while looking for a different motel. After my husband explained our story and the fact that we were traveling with our dog, the front desk clerk told him they allowed dogs and offered to match the rate of the other motel. Sold! She was so kind to me. She got me some OTC medicine and ushered me along to our room all the while ensuring my husband would get all the bags and I should get to bed. What a gem! The suite was awesome. Clean, comfortable and perfect. The room had anything and everything you could wish for. There was even microwave popcorn available. Thank you Jennifer and thank you Homewood Suites.

Room Tip: Research with TripAdvisor!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Mid Atlantic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

It was cold, it was rainy. And after a day of looking at homes with our real estate agent, we were greeted by Jennifer and the cozy lobby. It was like coming home! The Christmas tree was lit and the staff greets us warmly and had our room ready to go! Our room was exactly what we had requested - quiet! The carpet has been redone, the TVs and furniture look newer and the hotel sparkles. My husband, with his ears like a "coyote," proclaimed it was the quietest hotel ever and we had a wonderful night. The breakfast in the morning was delicious and varied, perfect for what we needed. We will be back after Christmas for 4 nights, we are really looking forward to another stay at this wonderful home away from home!!!

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

My family had to evacuate due to Hurricane Sandy and stayed 4 nights at the Homewood Suites in Malvern. The hotel was definitely a sanctuary for us! Key highlights: Engaging staff, clean rooms, lots of options for breakfast and dinners (even healthy options), indoor pool perfect for kids, and easy to access location. This would definitively be our first choice in hotels if we return to the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I called ahead to specify a room on a upper floor away from the elevator and noise. Paul (the manager) was very nice and reserved a room on the top floor at the end of the hall. We were arriving late and they told us no problem, the room would be held for us.

We can to this area for a wedding. Every staff person that we encountered was very nice. I needed to find a place that was open Saturday morning for a contact lens issue, and Stacia at the front desk was so helpful, that she looked up and called three places, the last being the one that helped. She printed off the directions for me as well and we were at the Mall in ten minutes, and I was able to get what I needed, no problem.

The room was great! We had a large, well-lit bathroom, two double beds with two mirrored-door closets and a living room/kitchen area that was separate by solid-panel french doors. That area had a refrigerator with ice maker, two-burned cooktop, mircrowave, coffee maker and dishwasher (along with kitchen towels, coffee packs, microwave popcorn, tea bags). This area also had a desk, coffee table, love seat and flat-panel television (along with a television in the bedroom).

There was also a large common area with tables on the first level near the breakfast area (they provided a nice breakfast as well). The hotel also has a workout facility and indoor pool, plus there is a courtyard area outside.

I have stayed at several different hotels and I definitely prefer this one (especially for an extended stay), over Marriott properties and others.

Room Tip: Be sure to specify where you would like to stay (upper floor, away from elevator, etc) as they are v...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
warren nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times, and two others in the neighborhood, and it is much better at meeting travellers' needs. The breakfasts and suppers are a really nice bonus, and are quite extensive. Much better than just a stale danish, there are chafing dishes of eggs and bacon, and in the evening bowls of salad and hot full meals with wine and dessert. The rooms are spacious, two room suites with pullout couches and full kitchens. There are even some two bedroom units, which are great for families. As with almost all hotels, there is a slight noise issue. One thing we did was to turn off the full size refrigerator at night; it's hard to sleep on the pullout couch with a refrigerator cycling on and off and making ice nearby. The hot tub was out of service when we were there, but the pool is pretty nice for a hotel pool. Staff were helpful and friendly. You could pay more in Malvern, and not find a better hotel.

Room Tip: There is a highway behind the hotel, so if you're sensitive to noise ask for a room toward the f...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Portland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I only stayed here for one night on business but I was quite impressed. Check in was fast and easy. The room was very spacious. It had a nice separate sitting area with a couch, TV and chair. The kitchenette was nice with a little table and chairs. Then there is a separate bedroom with another TV and bathroom. Bathroom had plenty of complimentary toiletries: shampoo, conditioner, lotion and mouthwash.There was also a full size hair dryer. The bed was extremely comfortable with a plush duvet and lots of pillows. I slept better than I usually do in hotels. Breakfast was the usual standard fair but warm and plenty of choices. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Great Valley? Share your experiences!