“fabulous getaway” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bear Creek Mountain Resort

You added Bear Creek Mountain Resort to your Saves list
Bear Creek Mountain Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   101 Doe Mountain Lane, Macungie, PA 18062 (Formerly Inn at Bear Creek)   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Macungie
bucks county, Pa
“fabulous getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

Super last minute getaway. We got a great deal with the ski and stay. We stayed in the queen slopeside suite. The room was huge. Tons of shelving for cold weather gear and luggage. A keurig coffee maker with k cups ( decaf and tea cups to and plenty for night and the morning) .
The only small downside was the bed was a tad hard, but we still had a great night sleep. The view was Perfect for watching your kids snowboard on the mountain while staying warm. We used the indoor pool which was nice, and the outdoor hot tub was great. We will definitely be back when they have another special. We only live an hour away so we usually drop the kids off to snowboard, but it's nice to have a romantic getaway.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
BearCreekRep, General Manager at Bear Creek Mountain Resort, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thank you for coming to visit and I am glad you got up to enjoy the great early season conditions and rates.
We run similar packages midweek all season and the deals get even better in March.
If your kids are in the 4th or 5th grade it is definitely worth checking out the PA Ski Areas Association program for 4th and 5th graders. It is the best value going. Their site is skipa.com
Hope to see you again soon.
Mark Schroetel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Paramus, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I always relay on Tripadvisor reviews when I am booking a trip and never wrote one until now as it is completely necessary for anyone skeptical of this resort you MUST go. I was looking for a weekend getaway to spend with my boyfriend, somewhere to enjoy the countryside and relax and Bear Creek is this! We just returned this weekend for a one night stay, Saturday was so beautiful (November 16th) that they opened the outdoor pool that we enjoyed along with the outdoor hot tubs overlooking the beautiful mountain side. We brought our own bottles of wine to enjoy by the pool and it couldn't be more perfect.

Rooms: SUPER clean. I have high expectations and the rooms were spotless, beautifully decorated - highly recommend slopeslide rooms.

We ate at the Grille for dinner, menu wasn't that selective but the rib eye I ordered was massive and my boyfriend and I shared it as it was plenty. There were three weddings going on that night and the place still wasn't crowded.

Best feature was the little areas among the hotel to sit by a fireplace and hang out on comfy couches and just enjoy the relaxation. For saying we were there on off season, it was a perfect escape for a night.

Only downfall is that the bar closed at 1am...small bar, could of been open a little later or had some music to enjoy as there is nothing to do at night but you are on vacation so the peace and quiet was nice too. We will certainly be back!

Room Tip: we stayed in the queen suite slopeslide room- it is a must! huge room, living area, kitchenette, gre...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
BearCreekRep, General Manager at Bear Creek Mountain Resort, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Danielle,
I am so glad you and your boyfriend enjoyed your stay. I hope you are able to enjoy another escape in the near future.
If there is anything I can do to assist you in the future please let me know.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Bear creek has proven to be the best source of accommodation in the lehigh valley. Bear creek has satisfied my expectations. The best parts are the Grille, a contemporary dining option, and the trails. The rooms are also excellent, clean, large, and spacious. The staff is welcoming and friendly, and is fairly loose on the clothing attire. For the management, I thank you for letting me stay at this wonderful hotel. However, it would be even better if the hotel was more expansive, and had more property. I would recommend this hotel for anyone.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for visiting Bear Creek and writing such a positive review. I hope you continue to visit when you are in the Lehigh Valley.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

So it took me a full 24 hours into the trip to understand that the Bear Creek Resort was built around Doe Mountain where I used to go skiing with my parents as a small child. I lived in LA for many years following and was delighted to find out that there was a nice, newer resort close to home.

We stayed from Sunday to Monday in a King Jacuzzi Suite facing the mountain, which apparently turns into a skiing wonderland on or around Dec 15th. For our part during this particular anniversary weekend, it was amazing because of how quiet the property was. In fact we heard that a wedding or two had cleared out before our arrival and so I think we saw about 10 people the whole time. Here are some quick highlights:

Lobby is beautiful--fireplace, rocking chairs, outdoor balcony
Trails End Café--a favorite for breakfast, lunch and snacks...only wish it was open as another option for dinner or after dinner treats
The Grille Restaurant--cozy, food a little pricey and not all that amazing but still ok.
Room--very nice. Keurig machine with coffee/tea selection (yay!) gas fireplace, Philosophy amenities, comfy bed, two great big windows, heat lamp in the bathroom, microwave and fridge (bring some snacks to heat up at night!), two TVs and nice Jacuzzi tub.
Front Desk--they have several board games for you to borrow if you like at no cost

Overall comments, it was a great resort for an off-season getaway. We would have liked to do the spa but we didn't feel like spending the extra money. As a suggestion to the property during off-season, perhaps they could offer discount specials (Sun-Thurs) because the prices, although comparable to a vacation spa or city spa, are just high enough to pass on.

There was an outdoor pool that is heated (you can see the steam coming off of it from the Trails End Café view) but I just couldn't imagine how frigid it would be once you came out of the heated water! We brought our suits to partake in the indoor pool, but such as is the case with many hotel indoor pools, it was just a small, dimly lit, blah environment so we passed.

It is definitely worth checking Bear Creek Resort in my view. If you are going off-season for more than one day/night, find plenty activities off property to fill up your day. However if you go during snow season I am sure it is a very different, lively environment :)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
BearCreekRep, General Manager at Bear Creek Mountain Resort, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
I really appreciate such a thorough review and am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your visit. The place is definitely more lively in the winter although you can still get the feeling of having the resort to yourself on some of the midweek days.
I hope you are able to visit us again soon.
morristown, nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Just loved it! We stayed for 2 nights in a Queen suite and we felt like we were away for much longer. We used both the indoor and outdoor pools and jacuzzis and had fabulous meals at the Grille. We appreciated the entire place being open even though it was off season.
The food was also great at the cafe. Loved the charm of the place--upscale rustic in my words. Just loved all the common places to relax with cozy couches, etc. The room was large and very clean and came with several better toiletries. We biked in the area so ran out of time to hike one of the several hiking trails on the property. We'll definitely be back. Also used the spa---massage/steam room was good as was the spa facility itself.

Room Tip: Slope side is more quiet, but more expensive. However, if in the south side of the hotel, and folk...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
BearCreekRep, General Manager at Bear Creek Mountain Resort, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thanks for the kind words and I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. Seeing that you are cyclists I would recommend coming back next summer and checking out the racing at the Valley Preferred Cycling Center, our local velodrome,. They even offer excellent introductory through advanced classes if you would like to try track cycling. Their website is www.thevelodrome.com.
Hope to see you again soon.
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I picked this resort as a surprise for my husbands 50th birthday. He had no idea where we were going and he was pleasantly surprised. It was absolutely beautiful and just what I wanted. I cozy place to relax, complete with fireplaces all over, which I personally love, along with cozy furniture too. The staff was very helpful and all were very friendly. Our dinner was delicious, and waitress was wonderful, even recognizing his birthday as soon as she greeted us. I did buy the Celebration package, which was great by the way! Includes a small cake in your room, packed in a cute box with bow, and 50 dollars towards dinner and 20 for breakfast the next day. We also had a couples massage, separately paid for this, but was worth it. Perfect massage, wonderful spa, lovely facility and great staff. Would love to see it with the snow! Overall, very nice, a little noisy at times, room next to us I think was full of young ladies on spa week, and 3 weddings going on as well, but they really didn't interfere with our visit. Overall, great visit.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the slopes are much quieter.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
BearCreekRep, General Manager at Bear Creek Mountain Resort, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you for choosing us for such a milestone celebration. Happy belated birthday to your husband and we hope you are able to visit again in the near future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

went over past weekend for sadly just one evening with friends. This resort is just beautiful. It is amazing how many comfy couches, chairs and fireplaces are placed throughout the resort. They even go so far as to put a fireplace where the outside Jacuzzi is.
I truly enjoy a swim in the outside pool because it is heated and love the look of the mountain and the crisp air around me. There are many festivals throughout the year and of course they have skiing in the winter time.
There were 3 weddings going on while I was there. It was nice to see so many people happy in a lovely environment, The wedding parties did not interfere with my relaxing time at all. The resort was big enough to accommodate all.
All staff are gracious and helpful. It was truly a relaxing day and half. My only small negatives are that the main restaurant offers a menu that is not too appealing and the food is not prepared well and quite tasteless.The bar was nice however and the drinks were prepared good.

Even though I am not a fan of the restaurant I will definitely be back. This place is truly awesome for couples, famiies or just friend get together

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
BearCreekRep, General Manager at Bear Creek Mountain Resort, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you for being a frequent guest and it is wonderful to hear you continue to enjoy your getaways. I am sorry the restaurant isn't up to par. If you would like to contact me to discuss some of your suggestions for improvement I would appreciate the feedback.
You can reach me at 610-682-7100. Just ask for me when the call center answers.

Thanks,
Mark Schroetel

Been to Bear Creek Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!