“Awesome family escape” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bear Creek Mountain Resort

You added Bear Creek Mountain Resort to your Saves list
Bear Creek Mountain Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   101 Doe Mountain Lane, Macungie, PA 18062 (Formerly Inn at Bear Creek)   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Macungie
Reading, Pennsylvania, United States
“Awesome family escape”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

This resort was a winter wonderland. There was so much a family could enjoy together while staying at the hotel. I recommend doing the ski and stay because the value for your money is so worth it. We have 2 yound girls who wanted desperately to learn how to ski however my husband and I are novices as well so we didn't feel comfortable teaching the girls when we weren't so sure ourselves. The Discovery ski lessons that you can purchase were fabulous. The instructors spend so much time with the children teaching, encouraging and instilling safety in them as they learn. I was so proud to see them on the slopes by the end of the day. And the tubing is a great family experience! What fun to race down the snowy mountain with your loved ones! The resort itself is beautiful, modern, and comfortable. The rooms are gorgeous. The outdoor pool and hot tub were a big hit with my family. We loved the Grille restaurant as well. I would recommend this place to all if looking for a fun family winter getaway!

Room Tip: King suites were the way to go for a family of 4-5. Plenty of room with the pull out sofa beds. Gr...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Newtown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Bear Creek has done a great job creating a family friendly resort accessible to folks in the philly area. The resort is clean, the staff pleasant and the facilities appeal to families with something for all to do for a few days. However, with that said, lets face it - it is Macungie after all with slopes which are really rolling hills. This is not a destination resort - its not Colorado or Utah or Big Bear so I'm amazed at the prices -- over 230/night in season for the least expensive room?? Seriously? There is no town or nightlife or anything outside the resort. So its Winter park or Copper Mountain CO prices (not Aspen of course) for hotel and food but not the experience. In the end, they always seem booked so folks around here either don't know what they are missing or choose to pay the price anyway because we are all so desperate for a ski experience. I'd have to say...that is why we are repeat customers - we dread dragging kids and skis on a plane. However, I would go more often if their prices were more in line with the actual geography and quality of the actual skiing experience. If you are looking beyond a beginner/intermediate ski experience - this may not be the place for you.

Room Tip: Dont get a room on the floor that connects the lobby to the restaurants/ski area or you will have pe...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Media, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

My boyfriend and I booked for the Mid-week Ski and Stay package. I picked Bear creek b/c it was friendly on our wallets (the whole trip cost us less than $300 including drinks at the bar for a night) and it was also nice that the hotel was right at the mountain. It was only my second time skiing and I enjoyed the green slopes while my bf went on the blue slopes. I read some reviews by more experienced skiers that said the trails weren't challenging or fun, but they were for me. We brought our own food to avoid the overpriced greasy food common to ski slopes. The hotel was nice the rentals were simple and fine. We were there Mon/Tue but I don't think I would go on a weekend, I have a feeling it gets over-crowded for the amount of slopes they have.

Room Tip: We were south building slope side. We could hear some noise from outside while the slopes were open...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

As a meeting planner, I'm a bit tough to please generally. But the staff at Bear Creek is outstanding - from the front desk, to house keeping, to the restaurant staff -- all top shelf!
The guest rooms are very well appointed, comfortable beds, very clean. The meeting space is well lit, clean, and the AV staff is professional and efficient. The F&B is on par with upscale locations that charge 5 to 10 times more.

Room Tip: get slope side view if you can but all are delightful!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hazleton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Loved my room. I was so impressed to stay in such a beautiful room. The service was top notch and the amenities were perfect. I will be staying here a few more weeks and I'm looking forward to a wonderful experience again.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Richboro, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Make sure to take time out to use the SPA - it is a fantastic place to go and relax before a special event in your life - like a wedding. The Hotel is very clean and friendly. Will be back! The hotel is kept quiet when necessary. All the restaurants there were quick service and clean. The office staff for the wedding was SUPERB especially Therese - thank you very much for all your help with the wedding of my son Tom and their honeymoon suite decorations.

Room Tip: The view of the mountain is the BEST - to watch all the skiers coming down and the snow tubing area...
Green Lane, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

This was about my 6th time at resort! The last two years my family has rented a few rooms/suites and come up for Super Bowl. Can't say enough good about it. It is spotless, nicely appointed and they cannot do enough to help you with your stay. Snow sports were awesome! Will be back again next year!

Room Tip: All the rooms are very nice!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Bear Creek Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!