The winds of fate may one day blow you into Lock Haven, PA. You cannot question karma, you simply go with the flow. We recently found ourselves spending a Saturday night in this college town. Fine dining? Negative. Cool local attractions? Not unless you count the Woolrich outlet. We were there for a field hockey tournament, and had to arrive the night prior. The Fairfiled Inn was our chosen "crash pad". My expectations were low, befitting my general view on these types of cookie cutter, budget business traveller properties. But from the moment we arrived, my expectations were challenged. The desk agent (I wish I remembered his name) was helpful, smiling, professional and welcoming. He would not have been out of place at a 5 star hotel in a major city. We overheard him dealing with an unhappy caller - he as calm, courteous and offered a workable solution. I wish him luck in his futre endeavours - probably not at Fairfield/Marriott.
The hotel itself was surprisingly well-appointed. The lobby was clean, bright and comfortable. The room was modern, clean, flat-screen TV, free WiFi. Good-sized bathroom, better-than-basic-shower head, higher-end amenities. Even though our room was next to the elevator, the room as quiet and properly climate-controlled.
I won't be seeking out Fairfield Inns for future stays (on principle, I wold rather stay at a local inn or B&B), but should you find yourself in Lock Haven, you will have a good night's sleep and a decent cup of coffee at the Fairfield Inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at a great hotel with superior service. Our staff is here to help you and provide you with whatever you may need while traveling. Only 35 miles from Beaver Stadium, this hotel features spacious rooms with luxurious bedding. With our on-site fitness center you don’t have to worry about ever missing a workout. Surf the web or send and receive emails with the free internet service. Every morning enjoy a complimentary breakfast included with your stay. Our guests can appreciate the beautiful views, the variety of locally owned dining options, as well as numerous outdoor activities including biking, hiking, kayaking, hunting and fishing. Whether you’re in town on business or on a leisure visit, be sure to check out the local attractions including the Little League Museum, Hyner View State Park, Piper Aviation Museum, Millbrook Playhouse, Lock Haven University, and Penns Cave. Be sure to make your way to the home of the Nittany Lions at Penn State University in State College. There are numerous activities to do, and you don’t want to miss out on them! So book your room today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Lock Haven reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Lock Haven
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Lock Haven Hotel Lock Haven