“Clean, Quiet, Comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Lock Haven
Buckhannon
“Clean, Quiet, Comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

Stayed here for almost 2 weeks on business. My king bed room was a little small but overall a very nice place to stay. Will stay here again when working in the area.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Manchester
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

Just stayed here 3 nights (also 3 nights about a year ago) on business. Hasn't changed much. Decent, quiet and clean. Nothing extraordinary, except maybe the breakfast lady who went out of her way to make sure you were satisfied. Wish the bath towels were thicker. Our corporate rate was about $135, which seems a bit high for the area, but when I mentioned I was visiting a local business the rate went to $102. Be sure to ask.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Avis, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

This hotel is very nice for the area. The room and bathroom were clean and smelled nice. The beds and pillows were comfortable. However, for the price my friend and I payed ($130ish/day) I expected a few more amenities that I have had at similar hotels. First, there was fridge but no microwave; second, the bathroom did not have an exhaust to remove the steam. Needless to say THAT was very annoying' and third, the temperature controls were part of the thermostat, not on the actual air/heat unit, and it responded poorly when we tried to adjust it.

Lastly, I want to say that I did NOT sample the complimentary breakfast, but my friend who was staying with me did and I felt that it deserved a "heads-up" here. He said that the fruit was brownish and unappetizing, and that the batter for the waffles was runny and made a mess...not to mention did not make good waffles. I had planned to eat out anyway. So, just be aware if you're counting on the hotel breakfast in the morning. But, there is a McDonald's within feet of the hotel..and a Dunkin Donuts across the street.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
keswick
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

We arrived at this hotel on Wednesday, September 21, 2011. We found the hotel with little difficulty. We checked in and I wasn't all that impressed with the front desk staff. The gentleman who checked us in was not at all friendly, didn't smile at all. I used the computer in the lobby and then heard people asking about restaurants in the area. I decided to go and speak to the young man again about restaurants. This time around he seemed to warm up and he actually even smiled.

Our hotel room was on the second floor 202. It was right next to the stairwell which was nice. No other room on that side. The room was decorated nicely, very clean and new and the bathroom was beautiful. The one thing I did notice was the size of the room and bathroom. They must be building them smaller. We had a king bed which just seemed to take up most of the room where as the room we had in Erie, same king bed, was larger.

I couldn't believe that I made a call home to Toronto, a long distance call, from the hotel phone which last all of a couple of minutes. I was surprised to see that the call was over $9. I think they could get a more decent long distance plan. That was ridiculous.

We then went to the restaurant which was recommended for Italian food which was Stella A's. It was a great restaurant (separate review).

The breakfast in the morning was great. We made waffles and had tea and coffee. A very good selection for breakfast.

All in all this hotel was great. We didn't really explore Lock Haven as this was just a stop along a scenic drive that we were taking. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

Again, this is another hotel in which the only gripe I have is the WiFi. It is absolutely horrendous and almost not worth even trying to use. The signal is so weak I could not access the WiFi on my iPhone at all. Not from my room, the lobby, or anywhere in the hotel. I was able to gain access via my laptop in my room but I was almost better not even trying because it was so slow it was almost impossible to even open a webpage.

Other than that I dont have a single complaint. My stay was short so I didnt get to check out the hotel very much. Breakfast was very nice, honestly one of the best I have had anywhere. With their large selection of food ranging from waffles, premade oatmeal with a handful of fruit and other toppings for it, to jimmy dean breakfast sandwiches it hit the spot after a 15 hour shift on the over night.

The rooms are nicely decorated, and being a fairly new hotel it is very clean and eye appealing. It is located right off the main business district st in Lock Haven so there are plenty of choices for food right outside the door.

I will be heading back to this hotel in a few days for an extended stay. I will attempt to gather some images and more information regarding other ammenities.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

Stayed over night while looking at Lock Haven University. When I checked in, the girl at the front desk had a bit of an attitude but eventually she did warm up. Hotel and rooms very clean and modern. The only negative thing is that they have double beds not queen. I used the computers in the lobby and they were fast and had printers connected to them. Not much going on in the town of Lock Haven. Many fast food restaurants but no name restaurants. If looking at the university ask for the college rate. It is a good rate! Breakfast was okay nothing special. Your typical hotel breakfast plus one waffle maker. They did have Jimmy dean breakfast foods that you can put in the microwave but I passed on that. The gentleman who was in charge of breakfast kept it very clean.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Erie, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

My toddler son and I stopped here for an overnight on our way to visit friends in New Jersey. It was the only Marriott within a several hour stretch near I-80, so we decided to try it even though it was several miles off the highway. It looks just like a lot of the other newer Fairfield Inns, but this one had a couple of extra nice things going for it (except the rooms are pretty cookie cutter Fairfield Inn). Someone was actually there to greet me when I checked in and to check me out when I left. They were able to get me a crib for my son right away, which was ideal since we arrived at 9pm. The gym was lovely and the equipment was quite new. Breakfast included waffles, which a lot of Fairfield Inns don't have, so we were thrilled with that. The pool was great a size for a small child (not too big, not too small for him), and the location was really nice. You can walk to downtown Lock Haven or to the University pretty easily. There is also a McDonald's and a Dunkin Donuts right by the hotel.

Getting to the hotel was not too difficult from the highway and took about 10 extra minutes, but being able to stay somewhere where I could walk around with my son was worth it. I will say that the turn is a bit tricky since it's not at a light. Look for the McDonald's arch and turn there because the hotel is not entirely visible from Route 150 until you've passed it already.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Lock Haven? Share your experiences!