“Eat healthy or not. They have it all!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Dessert, International, Healthy
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Dessert
Tuckerton, New Jersey
“Eat healthy or not. They have it all!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

We like everything about this place. They have sweets and free range egg omelets. They have hot chocolate, lattes and coffee/tea. If you want almond milk, they have that too. Just to name a few items. It is pretty, comfortable and laid back. There are tables in a courtyard in back for nice weather, easy chairs and comfortable chairs and table inside. We stop here every time we are in Lititz. You can't go wrong.

Visited September 2013

New York City, New York
“Enjoyable experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We really enjoyed our pastry and beverage at Cafe Chocolate of Lititz. The retro look of the cafe is terrific. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Pastry and beverage were delicious. Menu has many unusual selections. Recommended!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fallston, Maryland
“Interesting, unusual food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

We've been to Cafe Chocolate before when we visited Lititz, and decided to go there again for lunch while we in the area. My husband and I are vegetarian (although he occasionally eats chicken and we both will eat codfish if its wild), so we like places that offer more than just a salad or a grilled cheese sandwich.

This cute little restaurant has a large percentage of its offerings without meat so gave us a good choice. I ordered the peanut butternut squash soup, my husband got the mulligatawny soup and we shared the Vegetable curry Siam w/ black rice. The soups were very nice: spicy and tasty. The curry had a spicy, flavorful broth but contained some kind of weird thick pasta things that looked and kinda tasted like a tiny bundle of straw. Pretty gross really.

We ordered each a dessert: I got the pot de crime which was thick and rich; pretty good. My husband did not fare as well with his choice: the sweetheart cake which was a muffin that tasted like banana bread but had chocolate drizzled over it, was quite dry and not very good. Our waiter was very attentive and when we told him we didn't care for the cake (my husband only ate about half of it), they took it off the bill.

All in all, a good experience in a cute cafe which had poppies on the tablecloths and stuck in vases here and there, a bookshelf where you could borrow a book, a few cool things to sell and a coffee bar with delicious coffee smells and chocolates to buy by the piece.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great place for vegetarians”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

For vegetarians, get the hummus wrap. Location is great for people-watching and there's nice outdoor seating.

Visited August 2013
Shawsville, Virginia
“Interesting Cafe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Who can pass up a cafe that specializes in chocolate?

We started off with a Chocolate Strawberry Lush. It was okay. It was supposed to taste like a chocolate covered strawberry, but it was not homogenous, and had some clumps of powder in it. At 4.95 per drink, I would not order this again.

The lunch meals were delicious. My husband ordered the Cubano Sandwich and it was served with a side salad with a house Chocolate dressing. He was apprehensive at first about a chocolate salad dressing, but we really liked it. It was savory, but still had the flavor of sweet chocolate.

I had the Lancaster Hickory Smoked Chicken. It was served with a side of couscous and a side salad with the house chocolate dressing. The chicken was very tasty. It was thigh meat braised for 8 hours in a local apple cider. I wish I had the recipe. My husband kept stealing bites from my plate because it was so good.

We, of course, had to end the meal with a chocolate crepe. The crepe was light and fluffy and the filling was delicious.

I would definitely eat here again.

Visited June 2013