“White Swan” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
North Beach, Maryland
“White Swan”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Well the staff was pleasant. The bar was busy but the food not fresh at all, how can you make a dry hamburger? I guess if it was precooked then put on a grill.
Had margaritas that were just as bad made from some bar mix. Would never go back. Sorry to say we thought it looked good with plenty of locals. Mistake but you never know until you try it. Prices okay if you want bad bar food.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

By the sea
“Will never go there again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We stopped in for a quick drink on our way to the Town of Lititz and it looked nice enough. We talked to the bartender and she was very nice and we said we would try their food for dinner.

Unfortunately, I discounted some of the previous reviews of the restaurant. There were complaints about the food and service, but we decided to give the place a "chance." Well, it got its last chance for us.

We both decided we would order something that could not be too bad. How can you ruin a hamburger? White Swan did. Our burgers tasted as if they had previously been cooked and reheated. The rolls were cold. The only saving grace for my burger was that it was topped with what tasted like canned chili, but at least it gave some moisture to the burger. Both of ours were so dry, they were hard to swallow. Good thing the drinks were ok. We needed something to wash the burgers down.

Very, very disappointed. Will never go back.

Visited November 2012
Sydney, Australia
“White Swan”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Dined here recently to try something local and the pricing was actually decent to average. However the food was not fresh at all, it tasted somewhat old and stale and I'm not that much of a fussy eater. The service felt like you were not being looked after as the staff seemed to be busy and not caring for the customers individual needs. I definitely would not eat here again as I had an upset stomach after eating their seafood. I rarely complain but I think this restaurant lacks professionalism and the service is almost non existent. The outside of the restaurant is also uninviting and quite ancient looking. The drinks on the other hand was ok, but I would have preferred actual coca cola rather than being served watered down soda from their kitchen.

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Denver, Pennsylvania
“Better than our last visit!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

DH and I had not been to the White Swan for a few months. Tonight we noticed new servers. Ours was very pleasant and quick. Good turnout in the place for a Thursday. DH had a burger and I had one of the Thursday seafood specials, one pound of steamed shrimp. We love their fries so we both got them as sides. Their fries are fresh cut. I was pleased that the steamed shrimp came without shells since I wore a white shirt!
We had not come back sooner because we found the service to be slow and not very consistent.
We were both very pleased with our meals. Our server told us that Tuesday's are $1 off the burgers and Thursdays are their seafood night. We'll be back more often!

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Westmont, NJ
“A Welcome Find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

We found this restaurant along route 772 in Rothsville while driving from Manheim to Intercourse on a Sunday afternoon. We were favorably impressed by the service, food, and attractive facility both inside and out. Pricing was fair. We would definitely return when in the area again.

• Visited June 2012