“Better than our last visit!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Denver, Pennsylvania
“Better than our last visit!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

DH and I had not been to the White Swan for a few months. Tonight we noticed new servers. Ours was very pleasant and quick. Good turnout in the place for a Thursday. DH had a burger and I had one of the Thursday seafood specials, one pound of steamed shrimp. We love their fries so we both got them as sides. Their fries are fresh cut. I was pleased that the steamed shrimp came without shells since I wore a white shirt!
We had not come back sooner because we found the service to be slow and not very consistent.
We were both very pleased with our meals. Our server told us that Tuesday's are $1 off the burgers and Thursdays are their seafood night. We'll be back more often!

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Westmont, NJ
“A Welcome Find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

We found this restaurant along route 772 in Rothsville while driving from Manheim to Intercourse on a Sunday afternoon. We were favorably impressed by the service, food, and attractive facility both inside and out. Pricing was fair. We would definitely return when in the area again.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Reading, Pennsylvania
“Hesitated to go, should have listened to my gut”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

I never knew the old white swan so I don't know if it is much of an improvement or not from the old owners but the layout is so awkward and I did not feel like I was eating in a restaurant. I felt like I was in someones basement or family room, it was just strange. It's just one empty room of tables and some randomly placed tvs. Our food was terrible and we made the server aware yet nothing was done about it. I couldn't eat my meal so my husband decided to eat it because the server didn't offer to take it back and he ended up being sick the whole next day. Service was slow, server wasn't terribly friendly. Prices are fine but that's about all that was good.

• Visited March 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States
“Good place to eat lunch or dinner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

Have been there several times. Always good food! Service is not always consist.

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ephrata, Pennsylvania
“Excellent service; nice menu; good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

I have been to the White Swan twice in the past 2 months for dinner. They have a very nice menu with a wide variety of sandwiches and entrees. Prices are moderate. The service at our last visit was exceptional - one of the owners even stopped by to see how everything was. My husband ordered the ribs - he said they were average as far as ribs go - and he usually gets ribs if they are on the menu. Two of us had steaks - they were a bit charred on the outside and a bit overdone for what we ordered, but they were tasty. We also happened to be there on wings night - the wings were very good. House Merlot was tasty - I am going to look for it at the liquor store. Prices for beer were average. Overall a good experience.

• Visited February 2012